Priory Court Care Home

19 Oxford Street, Burnham-on-Sea TA8 1LG

Priory Court Care & Nursing Home provides high-quality care for those with nursing, dementia and residential needs. The home also offers convalescence, palliative and respite care, as well as a day care service to the local community.

En-suite bedrooms can be personalised so residents can feel at home. There is an enclosed garden with a water fountain and spacious outside areas to enjoy. Priory Court has a homely atmosphere with the building retaining many of its original features prior to being converted from a church and convent.

Mealtimes are an important part of the day, with residents welcome to dine with other residents in one of the three dining areas or in the privacy of their own bedrooms. Dietary needs and preferences are assessed shortly after arrival.

Residents are encouraged to participate in a wide range of activities designed to suit their individual interests and hobbies. Residents are able to continue to join in with events and groups in their local community too.

Group: Country Court Care

Person in charge: Raji Sunil (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Somerset County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 71 Service Users

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Huntington's Disease • Parkinson's Disease

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Day Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

From the M5, exit at junction 22 for the A38 to Burnham-on-Sea, Highbridge. At the roundabout take the 2nd exit on to the B3140. At the next roundabout (Tesco) take the 2nd exit on to Love Lane. At the next roundabout take the 1st exit on to Oxford Street, in half a mile Priory Court Care Home will be on your left.

Visitors welcome at any time.

There is a large car park on site.

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Priory Court Care Home: click here

The Review Score of 9.4 (maximum of 10) for Priory Court Care Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.4 out of 5 from 25 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Priory Court Care Home in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 5 out of 5 from 18 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.36 for Priory Court Care Home is calculated as follows: ( (131 Excellents x 5) + (133 Goods x 4) + (23 Satisfactorys x 3) + (2 Poors x 2) ) ÷ 289 Ratings = 4.36

The 5 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Priory Court Care Home is based on 18 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 14.2 positive Reviews (71 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 18 Reviews ÷ 14.2 Target Reached = 1

9.4 Priory Court Care Home has a Review Score of 9.4 (9.360) from 25 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Priory Court Care Home?

Reviewer Connection to Priory Court Care Home

My husband goes to the Priory for respite care. They look after him and his diabetes extremely well. Meals in the dining room activities attended. The social aspect of care is great. The staff are very friendly and caring.

How likely would you be to recommend Priory Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

Linda O'Donovan, Administrator at Priory Court Care Home responded to this review on 17 May 2018:

Thank you very much for your lovely review. It's always appreciated when families are happy with the care we give and take the time out of their busy lives to give us a review. We are glad we are able to give respite and help when you need us, and it's always nice to see respite residents when they come back.

The care my dad received was very caring indeed. He was quite poorly and stubborn but the staff were so patient with him and gave him a lot of time and dignity in his last days. All the staff were very polite and informative to all our family. The care home has a nice warm feel to it. I can not thank them enough.

How likely would you be to recommend Priory Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

Raji Sunil, Home Manager at Priory Court Care Home responded to this review on 12 Mar 2018:

Thank you for your kind comments. We are glad that you felt our home was warm and caring and I will pass on your thanks to my staff. It is very important to us that our residents and their families feel individual, and that you knew your dad had the care he needed at all times. Kind regards.

When I visit my friend the staff are very pleasant and helpful. The dining room is attractive. Everywhere seems very clean. My friend seems happy there.

How likely would you be to recommend Priory Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

Raji Sunil, Home Manager at Priory Court Care Home responded to this review on 30 Jan 2018:

Thank you for your lovely comments and I am pleased your friend is happy here.

Being here has been very pleasant and welcoming. The staff can't do enough to help but only have so many hours in a day to do so. The food is lovely.

How likely would you be to recommend Priory Court Care Home? Likely

Raji Sunil, Manager at Priory Court Care Home responded to this review on 28 Nov 2017:

Thank you for your kind review and we are happy that you enjoy living here with us.

Very happy with my care at The Burnham - staff are always friendly and helpful. Food is good.

How likely would you be to recommend Priory Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

My father was only there for a month. But his well being and health improved noticeably. I can highly recommend this care home. We looked at quite a few, but Burnham provided good management and attentive nursing. Staff are friendly, professional, and knowledgeable regarding the individual care requirements.

How likely would you be to recommend Priory Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

Raji Sunil, Manager at Priory Court Care Home responded to this review on 20 Nov 2017:

Thank you very much for your lovely review. We are always happy when residents health and well being improve to a degree whereby they are able to go home. It was a pleasure be able to help at a difficult time and should the need arise we will always be here to support you all in the future.

My grandmother and mother died in homes many years ago and although I'm older now I can still remember not being very happy with the care they were given. You hear so many bad things about homes now and unfortunately, I had no choice but to have my dad "put in a home". I was worried but it had to be.
I'm nearly 65 and can't wait to be put in this place!!! He's well into his 92nd year well looked after, content and happy.
I always look forward to visiting him because I know I'll find him looking clean, healthy and well treated. I cannot find any fault with any of the staff.
I thrive on "witty banter" and have met my match with the receptionist, the head of admin and always get a smiling greeting from the management.

How likely would you be to recommend Priory Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

Raji Sunil, Manager at Priory Court Care Home responded to this review on 13 Nov 2017:

Thank you for your kind review. It is always a difficult time when you have to place a loved one in a nursing home and we are privileged that you entrusted your fathers care to us and we have exceeded your expectations. I will pass on your lovely comments to our staff.

This is a very well run care home. Everyone is cheerful and helpful.

How likely would you be to recommend Priory Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

Since the nursing home was taken over there has been significant improvements both in the infrastructure, largely due to a considerable financial investment, but more importantly to the care and support of the residents.

There is always a friendly and helpful attitude from the staff, both carers and administrators, the accommodation is always clean and well maintained.

Queries and questions are always dealt with there and then and requests to staff are carried out quickly and responsibly.

I have total confidence in the staff and they have the competence and are prepared to give feedback regarding the needs of the residents.

This is a well-run and managed establishment and my brother and I would have no hesitation in recommending The Burnham to friends and family alike.

How likely would you be to recommend Priory Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

Overall, not bad. It would be nice if there was the same manager or staff. We visit to see our family member much but find that friends get told more about his care etc that we do. The staff that are there are doing as good a job as they can. Our family member has been there for a year and we are on our third manager.

How likely would you be to recommend Priory Court Care Home? Extremely Unlikely

All of the staff were professional, friendly and extremely helpful. The end of life care for my Dad was sensitive and caring and very supportive. A lovely home.

Mum is very happy!

How likely would you be to recommend Priory Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

Mum loves all the activities; the music, bingo and quizzes.

How likely would you be to recommend Priory Court Care Home? Likely

I have found the administrative staff extremely helpful and sympathetic with arrangements to place my father in permanent care. The nursing staff I spoke to were very happy with the new manager who had created a staff that was confident in management and the efficient running of the home.

How likely would you be to recommend Priory Court Care Home? Likely

Always get a friendly welcome from staff. The first appearance of the home is fresh and clean. The dining room always set ready for next meal, looks very nice. Sometimes I feel that when bell pressed it can take up to 10-15 minutes before answering. I know due to staff shortage. The entertainment manager is brilliant, he has a very good rapport with the residents.

How likely would you be to recommend Priory Court Care Home? Likely

I visit my friend here a few times a week and I find everybody very friendly and helpful.

How likely would you be to recommend Priory Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

The care is very good to my mother.

How likely would you be to recommend Priory Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

The care staff work so hard, they are all a nice friendly team. The activities done daily are always enjoyable and I know that my mum enjoys them.

How likely would you be to recommend Priory Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

Dad is very settled here. We are delighted with the investment that is being made in the home. Carers are very kind and thoughtful. As a family, we are made very helpful.

How likely would you be to recommend Priory Court Care Home? Likely

My friend was discharged from hospital into your care. She suffers from dementia and was very frail. She has improved in her general health under your care. All staff are kind and understanding and I am grateful for this opportunity to tell you how excellent The Burnham is. Thank you.

How likely would you be to recommend Priory Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

My wife was confirmed with dementia in September 2013, we tried to continue to live at home however after many hospital visits and best interest meetings it was decided my wife would come and live at The Burnham Care Home. I am satisfied that this decision was for the best.

How likely would you be to recommend Priory Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

I feel my Mother is safe, and being well looked after, she does not appear worried at all. She has Alzheimer's and is at the stage where she sits and smiles all day. Her food is good and she is assisted with her eating. She is clean, teeth and hair are looked after and her clothing is clean.

How likely would you be to recommend Priory Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

The Managers and all the staff have been absolutely wonderful to my aunt. They have all been so kind and done all they can to help her settle in. They have been so kind and helpful to me as well and so supportive of my Aunt and myself. Very caring understanding staff. Also the Managers and all staff have been extremely helpful and supportive to myself regarding a very awkward and difficult situation involving other members of family. They have been very observant, quick to act and notify not just me but social workers. Also very supportive to me in any difficult conversations with my Aunt regarding this matter and have helped her understand what is being done to her. A big thank you to them all.

How likely would you be to recommend Priory Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

Excellent service, no complaints what so ever. Excellent care and compassion shown to my mother from day one, treated with dignity and respect at all times.

How likely would you be to recommend Priory Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

Fantastic staff can't do enough to help with residents and family members. Facilities are superb.

Submit a Review for Priory Court Care Home

posted 23 Apr 2018

3 residential and/or nursing vacancies

Raji

Raji Sunil

Joined: 2017

Raji brings a wealth of experience in the care industry and has been a care home manager in Bristol for 8 years before coming to join Country Court Care at The Burnham Nursing & Care Home in April 2017.

Elizebath

Elizebath Biju

Job Title: Deputy Manager

Joined: 2017

Elizebath is the Deputy Manager at The Burnham Nursing and Care Home. She is a qualified nurse and has many years experience.
Elizebath is also the Safeguarding Champion at The Burnham, her role is to promote well-being and prevent abuse and neglect from happening in the first place and to ensure the safety and well-being of anyone who has been subject to abuse or neglect.
Elizebath will act as a resource and a point of contact for colleagues who require support and guidance with safeguarding issues, she will maintain up to date knowledge of safeguarding and she will maintain an awareness of the organisations policy and procedures in relation to Safeguarding.

Louise

Louise Stack

Job Title: Carer

Joined: 2015

Louise has been at The Burnham for just over a year, she as NVQ Level 2 and Level 3 in Health and Social Care. Before coming to The Burnham Louise spent 5 years working with adults with Autism and learning difficulties. Louise lives locally and has a daughter aged 4. Louise has found the team at The Burnham very approachable and gets on well with everyone.
“I love this job because I love people and I really enjoy getting to know the residents and their families.”

Kim

Kim Dyer

Job Title: Head Housekeeper

Joined: 1998

Kim has worked at The Burnham Care Home for eighteen years, Kim and her team of 10 are responsible for the laundry, cleaning residents’ rooms and cleaning communal areas. Kim enjoys getting to know the residents and chatting to them as she goes about her duties. The most rewarding part of her job is making a difference to a resident’s day by doing little things like making up their bed so it looks really cosy.
“ We get to know the residents quite well as we go round, lots of them look out for us and look forward to having a chat with us each day”.
Kim is also Infection Prevention and control champion at The Burnham. Kim's role involves supporting all staff on matters concerning infection prevention and control ensuring that they are fully trained. Kim will participate in audits/action plans and disseminate relevant information, audit results and actions to team members, working together with her manager and having regular 1:1 meetings to improve practice where applicable.

Julie

Julie Keep

Job Title: Senior Carer

Joined: 2014

Julie is a Senior Carer at The Burnham, she is a highly experienced carer with many years of experience. Julie’s role as hydration champion is to provide a fast, practical steps towards improving hydration for residents.

Julie ensures there is access to clean drinking water and hot drinks 24 hours a day, reassuring residents that prompt assistance with all toilet needs will be provided and she will attending regular training sessions on fluids and nutrition.

Vicki

Vicki Clist

Job Title: Receptionist and Health & Safety Champion

Joined: 2016

Vicki is the Receptionist at The Burnham and is always on hand with a warm welcome and friendly smile.
In addition to her receptionist duties Vicki is also our Health and Safety Champion. Vicki's role is to assist the senior management and maintenance team in the implementation of appropriate health and safety management. This includes providing advice on compliance with relevant health and safety legislation, policies and the associated arrangements for the management of Health and Safety.

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Priory Court Care Home