Churchfield Care Home

Off Churchfield Drive, Rainworth, Mansfield NG21 0BJ

Churchfield Care Home is located in the quiet village of Rainworth in Nottinghamshire to the west of Mansfield.

Churchfield can support residents in many different ways. The home offers residential care, specialist nursing care and assistance for adults who are physically disabled. The team will support both the resident and the families throughout.

The home is set back in a private location in a tranquil environment with plenty of wildlife and trees for residents to enjoy. The outdoors are a popular place for residents and their families to sit back and relax whilst listening to bird song. Residents are also able to indulge in gardening and maintaining the beautiful surrounding.

Indoors the home has a spacious lounge overlooking the garden. All bedrooms are well equipped and safe - they can all be decorated to the taste of the person living there. It's important to the team that residents feel at home in their rooms so they encourage people to bring personal belongings.

Group: Four Seasons Health Care

Person in charge: Katherine Davies (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Nottinghamshire County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 60 Service Users

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Old Age • Younger Adults

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Asperger Syndrome • Bipolar/Manic Depression • Cancer Care • Challenging Behaviour • Colitis & Crohn's Disease • Down Syndrome • Epilepsy • Head/Brain Injury • Hearing Impairment • Huntington's Disease • Motor Neurone Disease • Multiple Sclerosis • Muscular Dystrophy • Neuropathic • Orthopaedic • Parkinson's Disease • Schizophrenia • Speech Impairment • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Separate Dementia Care Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Television point in own room

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Churchfield Care Home: click here

The Review Score of 8.9 (maximum of 10) for Churchfield Care Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.4 out of 5 from 15 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Churchfield Care Home in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 4.5 out of 5 from 6 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.443 for Churchfield Care Home is calculated as follows: ( (101 Excellents x 5) + (56 Goods x 4) + (15 Satisfactorys x 3) + (4 Poors x 2) ) ÷ 176 Ratings = 4.443

The 4.5 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Churchfield Care Home is based on 6 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 12 positive Reviews (60 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 6 Reviews ÷ 12 Target = 0.500

8.9 Churchfield Care Home has a Review Score of 8.9 (8.943) from 15 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Churchfield Care Home?

Reviewer Connection to Churchfield Care Home

• Nephew of Resident/Service User

My aunt suffers from severe dementia and delirium. Consequently, she can be unpredictable in her moods and is at times difficult and mildly aggressive. Having visited several care homes before selecting Churchfield Care Home, I remain convinced that I made the right choice. She is cared for with great compassion, patience and understanding. As a regular visitor to see my aunt, my family and I have nothing but praise and affection for all the staff at the home.

They are always concerned for her welfare and comfort and always accepting of her personality swings. Many thanks to all.

How likely would you be to recommend Churchfield Care Home? Extremely Likely

Ronnie Cavanagh, Digital Marketing Executive at Churchfield Care Home responded to this review on 23 Mar 2018:

Thank you, Terry, for your comments about your recent experience at Churchfield Care Home. Our residents’ wellbeing is our main priority and it is great to hear that you were so pleased with the quality of our care. We always appreciate individuals taking the time to give their feedback and we are very pleased to hear that your experience was so positive. All of our staff are committed to providing the best possible care experience for all of our residents and it is very rewarding to have their efforts recognised.

You were all very kind to my mum and loved her. She, in turn, loved her time in the care home.

How likely would you be to recommend Churchfield Care Home? Extremely Likely

Ronnie Cavanagh, Digital Marketing Executive at Churchfield Care Home responded to this review on 05 Jan 2018:

Thank you, Lynn, for your praise and kind comments about our team here at Churchfield Care Home. It's experiences like yours that really inspire us and keep us motivated! Our residents’ wellbeing is our main priority and it is great to hear that you were so pleased with the quality of our care. Thank you again for such lovely words.

Our family member has been a resident at Churchfield Care Home for a few months now.
I thought it was about time we let people know what we think of this place. Our family member has settled really well and is happy in her new home, that makes us feel extremely settled knowing that the care she is receiving is to her needs and we have no worries with this care home, seeing how well she is being looked after.
All staff members are very professional and caring towards our relative and family, they are all very approachable we feel we can spend quality time with our relative as all her needs are met.
Thank you all for caring for our relative and making her happy, we are so pleased she came to this care home.

How likely would you be to recommend Churchfield Care Home? Extremely Likely

My friend has been in Churchfield for 4 1/2 years. She came in with dementia and was well stimulated and cared for, even loved, by her carers.

She now needs end of life nursing care and has cancer. I cannot fault her care. She is being kept pain free and comfortable and is mostly peaceful. Many of her carers have been there since the beginning and really care for her as an individual.

How likely would you be to recommend Churchfield Care Home? Likely

I am very happy with the way they look after my mum.
I know she is in safe hands with the staff at Churchfield.

How likely would you be to recommend Churchfield Care Home? Extremely Likely

Although I feel the above home to be generally satisfactory, I think the home is becoming a bit run down. Especially the bedrooms, which I feel need new carpets and decoration. I also think there is a lack of stimulation, as my mother seems to get left in bed most days. On the rare occasion she does get up, it's like coming to see a different person. I fully appreciate the nature of dementia, but do feel my mum gets so depressed with being in her room too much, with not a lot of interaction.

How likely would you be to recommend Churchfield Care Home? Unlikely

Ronnie Cavanagh, Digital Marketing Executive at Churchfield Care Home responded to this review on 02 Aug 2017:

Thank you for your review, we appreciate all comments and feedback provided.
I feel that a care review meeting would be beneficial where we can review mums care and well-being. I will send an invite to you so we can arrange a mutual and convenient time.
Look forward to hearing from you, regards, Katy.

Mum was in Churchfield for 17 months and passed away there on 26th May 2017. She was very happy there and treated with the utmost dignity and respect. All of her carers were exceptional, especially during the last two weeks of her life.
I will always be grateful to all of you and I would recommend Churchfield to everybody.
Thank you all so much for everything.

How likely would you be to recommend Churchfield Care Home? Extremely Likely

The activities coordinator did a really special day to celebrate my mum's birthday.
There was a lovely lay out on the table and it was all decorated up and there was some wonderful food.
She was so helpful and she went the extra mile and I thank her so much for a brilliant day.
A member of the kitchen staff did a beautiful cake and food for my mum's birthday.
It was beautiful from start to finish and it made my mum's day so special.
I can't thank her enough.

How likely would you be to recommend Churchfield Care Home? Extremely Likely

My dad has vascular dementia he has been in care for the last three months. I am very satisfied with the way he is being cared for and would recommend this care home to anyone.

How likely would you be to recommend Churchfield Care Home? Extremely Likely

I would just like to complement Churchfield on their pleasant and hard working staff. Every time I visit my mum they always ask how things are. If there is ever an issue, however small, they so their best to rectify it. The manager is very approachable and is always looking for ways to improve things by asking what mum would benefit from. The home is always very homely and this is reassuring.

Always welcoming.
The only area lacking is in activities for residents.

How likely would you be to recommend Churchfield Care Home? Neither Unlikely or Likely

I find laundry department really needs looking into, not done quickly enough and not always proper care taken with clothes. Some staff great, some a bit abrupt and do not seem bothered about the residents or the relatives. Seems to take a while to sort any problems we have with residents toiletries and clothing missing and finding them again. Food and kitchen chef and staff, great.

Katherine Davies, Home Manager at Churchfield Care Home responded to this review on 01 Feb 2017:

Hi Jennifer,

Thank you for your time reviewing our care home. We appreciate any feedback on our services. I am sorry your experience has not been a better one. Please rest assured we are looking into the issues you have raised and I will be in touch to discuss it further with you.

Kind Regards,

Katherine Davies
Home Manager

My father was in this nursing home for just a week but was treated with the utmost dignity until his death.

How likely would you be to recommend Churchfield Care Home? Extremely Likely

When Nana came into a nursing home I had no idea that the staff would be so fantastic to Nana and all of us. I couldn't have gotten through some days without them. My Nana is clean, well looked after, the care is exemplary second to none. I can call when I like there's always a friendly voice to greet me. When I arrive its the same. Nana is happy and that's the most important thing.

How likely would you be to recommend Churchfield Care Home? Extremely Likely

The review was very helpful. It helped me to clarify the care package being given to my mother. We also discussed her physical and mental health. I am very pleased with the care and attention that mum is receiving, and the kindness and politeness of the staff - all of them. Mum is certainly in the best place for her at this time of her life.

Submit a Review for Churchfield Care Home

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Churchfield Care Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Churchfield Care Home