Carders Court Care Home, Rochdale, Greater Manchester

Carders Court offers personalised solutions for residential care, general nursing care and dementia care as well as help for adults with Parkinson’s disease. The care team are experienced in long-term solutions and respite needs, alongside convalescence and palliative care.

The home is well-located to support residents’ pursuit of an active and independent lifestyle, while the location itself is scenic and relaxing in a quiet area of Castleton just a short distance from Rochdale. The landscaped gardens are wheelchair-friendly and include a furnished patio area. Bedrooms provide pleasant and comfortable accommodation and some have direct access to the gardens.

Residents can choose to dine in traditional dining rooms or in the privacy of their own rooms, with meals that are prepared to suit their personal taste and diet.

Visiting entertainers add to the home’s vibrant social atmosphere, and there are many social clubs, outings and further activities that residents can enjoy such as baking and sing-along afternoons.

Person in charge: Shaun Morrissy (General Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Rochdale Borough Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 150 Service Users

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Huntington's Disease • Parkinson's Disease • Stroke

Languages Spoken by Staff (other than English): Punjabi Mirpuri, Hindi, Panjabi, Punjabi

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Separate Dementia Care Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Carders Court Care Home: click here

8.5 Carders Court Care Home has a Review Score of 8.5 (8.464)

The Review Score of 8.5 (maximum of 10) for Carders Court Care Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.2 out of 5 from 9 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Carders Court Care Home in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 4.2 out of 5 from 7 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.231 for Carders Court Care Home is calculated as follows: ( (54 Excellents x 5) + (31 Goods x 4) + (8 Satisfactorys x 3) + (11 Poors x 2) ) ÷ 104 Ratings = 4.231

The 4.233 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Carders Court Care Home is based on 7 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 30 positive Reviews (150 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 7 Reviews ÷ 30 Target = 0.233

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Carders Court Care Home?

Reviewer Connection to Carders Court Care Home

My mum has been resident here for 12 months now. I am so impressed with the kindness I see shown to mum and other residents, sometimes in challenging circumstances.

Standards of cleanliness are high. Meal times are positive in terms of the residents eating good food together and socializing.

Overall, a loving environment is provided.

How likely would you be to recommend Carders Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer services administrator at Carders Court Care Home responded to this review on 15 Sep 2017:

Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience and appreciate your comments about our home and will share your comments with the home’s manager.

I have noticed a large improvement in my mother since she became a resident at Lingdon House. The staff are brilliant with her and have been very supportive and I am glad the other care home refused to have her back because I believe she is in a better place now.

How likely would you be to recommend Carders Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer Services Administrator at Carders Court Care Home responded to this review on 07 Jul 2017:

Thank you for your review. I'm glad to hear that your mum is improving and I'm sure she will keep doing so and make new friends along the way.

I cannot thank the staff at Carders Court (Linden House) more for what they do for my mum. Along with day to day care for her, they ensure that Mum still has her hair done, nails painted etc like she would have done before she developed Alzheimer's. The home, in general, is spacious and clean, the rooms are always tidy and well maintained. Staffing can sometimes seem sparse which is my only criticism.

How likely would you be to recommend Carders Court Care Home? Likely

Emily Wilson, Customer Service Administrator at Carders Court Care Home responded to this review on 02 Jun 2017:

Thank you for sharing such lovely feedback with us, regarding Carders Court. It is so nice to hear about the care your Mum is receiving within the home and you are pleased with the environment of the home. I will pass on your kind comments to the home manager. The Bupa Customer Care Team.

My dad has been in Carders Court for around 8 months. I have had to come in on 2 occasions as I didn't feel my dad was receiving basic care ie teeth brushing/shaving/washing etc. I still don't feel things are how they should be but things have improved since the House Manager has been on the unit. The main problem that doesn't seem to be resolving is problems with his hearing aid. I know the staff have contacted Audiology on several occasions but he still cannot hear very well. His teeth are often not clean when my family and I visit.

How likely would you be to recommend Carders Court Care Home? Likely

Facilities: Poor

Value for Money: Poor

Emily Wilson, Customer Service Administrator at Carders Court Care Home responded to this review on 26 Apr 2017:

We take all comments extremely seriously and are very disappointed to hear that you are unsatisfied with your experience of care at one of our homes. Our residents’ health and wellbeing is our absolute priority. We would like to contact you so that we can discuss this in more detail and investigate it fully. Please, can you contact our customer services team by emailing feedback@bupa.com or call 0113 381 6293 so that we can discuss this feedback further? The Bupa Customer Care Team.

Fantastic staff - efficient, kind, and helpful. The introduction of the puppy dog (Teddy) is a great idea and can be seen in the residents' reactions. They love the dog.

Overall cleanliness is great. I cannot fault the commitment of staff at all levels from cleaners, staff and manager.

How likely would you be to recommend Carders Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

Thank you for your lovely review regarding Carders Court. I am so pleased that you are happy with this care home, their staff and their idea for Teddy! We really appreciate your feedback. The Bupa Customer Care Team.

Excellent caring staff and management team. Always treated with dignity and respect. I am confident that my mum is looked after and well cared for at all times. All the staff are friendly, approachable and nothing is too much trouble for them.
I know my mum feels well looked after on Garfield at Carders Court. One thing my mum loves is seeing Teddy the resident's dog on Garfield. I know a lot of the residents get a lot of pleasure from seeing him.

How likely would you be to recommend Carders Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

Emily Wilson, Customer Service Administrator at Carders Court Care Home responded to this review on 19 Apr 2017:

Thank you so much for sharing your lovely feedback with us, we really appreciate it. I am so pleased that your Mum is enjoying her stay, and that you are happy with the care the home is providing. The Bupa Customer Care Team.

The staff at the care home are always available, respectful, kind, caring and polite to my family member who is a resident at the home. The care and kindness are always evident upon visiting the home. The home is always clean and well presented as is my family members room which overlooks a lovely well-tendered garden area. My family member is always treated with dignity and always appears well looked after.

How likely would you be to recommend Carders Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

Rose Pickering, Customer Service Administrator at Carders Court Care Home responded to this review on 25 Nov 2016:

I would not recommend this home because in the 3 months my father-in-law has been there they have failed to provide proper personal care, wearing clothing that does not belong to him. There does not seem to be an activity of which my father can participate. He is isolated because of his condition which in my opinion, affects his quality of life. I feel that the home could address this. There is a lack of communication between staff and family and we are still unaware of his key workers. If I ask questions nobody seems to be able to answer them.

How likely would you be to recommend Carders Court Care Home? Unlikely

Treated with Dignity: Poor

Staff: Poor

Safety / Security: Poor

Value for Money: Poor

We take all comments extremely seriously and are very disappointed to hear that you are unsatisfied with your experience of care at one of our homes. Our residents’ health and wellbeing is our absolute priority. We would like to contact you so that we can discuss this in more detail and investigate it fully. Please can you contact our customer services team by emailing feedback@bupa.com so that we can discuss this feedback further? The Bupa Customer Care Team.

My mother needed a care home in December 2015, for long term nursing care. I was really concerned because I had seen quite a variation in care homes. But Carders Court looked about the best.

The care and professionalism was everything I could hope for. My mother died of natural causes in Fedruary. Right to the end the team in Rakewood House unbelievably patient and caring, showed every respect for my mother and for all residents I saw. Nothing was too inconvenient, even when the pressure mounted during the Rochdale floods and they had a sudden influx of people overnight.

Eventually we had a call that my mother was in steep decline. We arrived to find her comfortable and well cared for. She passed away with my wife and I at her side.

I can't thank the staff enough for making my mothers last few months as comfortable, peaceful and warm as they did.

How likely would you be to recommend Carders Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

Rose Pickering, Customer Service Administrator at Carders Court Care Home responded to this review on 18 Mar 2016:

Thank you for your review, we will share your comments in with the home's manager. We appreciate your feedback, and we are pleased to hear about your positive experience of our home. Please accept our condolences. The Bupa Customer Care Team.

Submit a Review for Carders Court Care Home

Recipient: Bupa Care Homes

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Carders Court Care Home