Hilltop Hall

Dodge Hill, Heaton Norris, Stockport SK4 1RD

Hilltop Hall Care Home has been fully refurbished to create a special environment where modern facilities blend in with the character and elegance of a grade 2 listed building. Wood panelling, stained glass windows, chandeliers and a bell tower are some of the wonderful features of the home, along with landscaped gardens in a quiet and elevated location.

The environment is special - and the care delivered to residents is special! The Home has been accredited the Gold Standard Framework in recognition of providing the highest standard of care, for clients requiring both residential and nursing care. This officially places the Home in the Top 2% of care homes in the UK for standard of care.

The team are highly trained and qualified, taking pride in delivering a friendly and caring service to both residents and their families, and work hard to deliver on core principles of supporting independence, individuality and personal interests.

The home has an excellent reputation with both the Regulators and the Local Authority for providing excellent care in a wonderful environment. For more details please view their website.

Group: Harbour Healthcare Ltd

Person in charge: Lianne Webb (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Stockport Metropolitan Borough Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 54 Service Users

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Learning Disability • No Medical Intervention • Old Age • Physical Disability • Sensory Impairment • Younger Adults

Specialist Care Categories: Cancer Care • Colitis & Crohn's Disease • Hearing Impairment • Motor Neurone Disease • Multiple Sclerosis • Parkinson's Disease • Speech Impairment • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Day Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Separate Dementia Care Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Bar/Cafe on premises • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Visitors free to visit when they wish.

The home has a large free car park.

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Hilltop Hall: click here

The Review Score of 9.6 (maximum of 10) for Hilltop Hall is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.6 out of 5 from 23 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Hilltop Hall in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 5 out of 5 from 15 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.633 for Hilltop Hall is calculated as follows: ( (189 Excellents x 5) + (58 Goods x 4) + (20 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 267 Ratings = 4.633

The 5 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Hilltop Hall is based on 15 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 10.8 positive Reviews (54 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 15 Reviews ÷ 10.8 Target Reached = 1

9.6 Hilltop Hall has a Review Score of 9.6 (9.633) from 23 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Hilltop Hall?

Reviewer Connection to Hilltop Hall

A very friendly and caring staff who always have time for a chat and to cheer you up. Nothing is too much trouble, you can feel the loving and caring greeting you get every time you visit.
My mother's time in Hilltop Hall made visiting her a pleasure in the lovely surroundings. Thank you.

How likely would you be to recommend Hilltop Hall? Extremely Likely

Alison Foreman, Commercial Director at Hilltop Hall responded to this review on 23 Apr 2018:

Thank you very much for your heartfelt review. It is certainly good to know that all is being done to ensure that both you and your mother are being well looked after. Kind regards

Our mum declined very quickly and needed to transfer from living assisted at home to nursing home care. This was a very worrying experience for our family.
From our first visit to Hilltop Hall, we felt comfortable and assured that Hilltop Hall was friendly and welcoming.
We spoke to many residents who were happy and relaxed. We met the management who are very approachable. The nursing and caring staff are very professional, happy and energetic.
They always treat our mum with kindness, dignity and respect.
The building and surrounding gardens are magnificent and hold many happy memories for our mum, who was born in Heaton Norris.
Thank you all for providing a home from home.

How likely would you be to recommend Hilltop Hall? Extremely Likely

Alison Foreman, Commercial Director at Hilltop Hall responded to this review on 22 Mar 2018:

Thank you for your review of Hilltop Hall, your comments are touching and very much appreciated. Kind regards.

It's a great comfort to know my husband is in such excellent care.
The attention to his needs, likes and dislikes is exceptional.

How likely would you be to recommend Hilltop Hall? Extremely Likely

Alison Foreman, Commercial Director at Hilltop Hall responded to this review on 16 Mar 2018:

Thank you very much for your review of Hilltop Hall, your comments are so valuable to those who are searching for care for their loved one. Kind Regards.

I am more than pleased for my dad. He is well loved and cared for, however, more activity and nice background music would be nice.
I can't fault the carers and I would recommend Hilltop to anyone.

How likely would you be to recommend Hilltop Hall? Extremely Likely

Thank you for your review and comments. We take on board your suggestions. The team do a great job in the home and I am sure that they will appreciate your kind comments. Kind regards.

The carers are friendly and care about you, you need that in a care home. The food is okay, I'm a bit fussy. I like the lounge for the company.

How likely would you be to recommend Hilltop Hall? Likely

Alison Foreman, Commercial Director at Hilltop Hall responded to this review on 13 Mar 2018:

Thanks so much for your review. Your comments are always welcome, please keep them coming, so that we can continuously improve both care and services. Kind regards.

Staff are friendly, caring and professional. The general environment is pleasant. I'd like to get out and about a bit more and maybe that would come. I like the crosswords, anything to keep my mind active. I enjoy meal times to speak to people. I do like the time to myself. When the weather improves I want to go on trips.

How likely would you be to recommend Hilltop Hall? Extremely Likely

Alison Foreman, Commercial Director at Hilltop Hall responded to this review on 01 Mar 2018:

Thanks for the review of Hilltop Hall. Keep that mind active, and as soon as the snow disappears the minibus will be going out and about again! Just let us know where you would like to visit, we are always looking for ideas for new places to go. Kind regards

I like that I am able to go out throughout the day. I get given £6 per day for myself. I like the meals I get given and the times I'm residential and independent. I don't mind living with nursing residents. I hope to find my own flat to be more independent.

How likely would you be to recommend Hilltop Hall? Extremely Likely

Thank you very much for giving such valuable resident feedback on the services and care at Hilltop Hall. The team certainly enjoy your company and are very happy to support your independence. See you soon. Kind regards

I have been extremely thankful that my sister is so well cared for in every way at Hilltop Nursing Home. The staff and all concerned are very helpful.

How likely would you be to recommend Hilltop Hall? Extremely Likely

Thank you very much for your kind comments and for taking the time to review Hilltop Hall. Kind regards

I love the building, it's clean they have flowers and the food is good. I like the custard pudding. The staff are very good and caring. I'm comfortable here.

How likely would you be to recommend Hilltop Hall? Extremely Likely

Thanks for your comments regarding Hilltop Hall, it's good to get all of the 'inside information' from a resident! Glad to hear that the custard pudding is good and that contributes to your contentment with the home. Kind regards

Mother is happy at Hilltop Hall and been a resident for a few years now. She is well looked after by the staff who genuinely care for the residents which is lovely to see. Management are also very involved together with staff nurses. Activities are now good and gets everyone involved. Mother loves the hairdressers and getting her nails painted.
I can visit at any time and the staff always make me feel very welcome.
Christmas is a good time at the Hilltop Hall with wonderful decorations and a lovely tree in the sitting room. Residents' birthdays are also celebrated by the Hilltop Hall so this gets everyone involved - Mother's 90th birthday was celebrated in January. She ate cake and drank Baileys and we laughed for hours, happy days. The garden is a great place to sunbathe in the summer and all residents love to be outside when the sun is shining.

How likely would you be to recommend Hilltop Hall? Extremely Likely

Alison Foreman, Commercial Director at Hilltop Hall responded to this review on 09 Feb 2018:

Thank you very much for such a comprehensive review of The Hall. Everyone works so hard to ensure that our residents are well looked after and birthdays, especially, are celebrated and shared with all. Kind regards.

I have been impressed with Hilltop Hall since my dad came here. He loves the building itself and has been very well cared for. The staff are all very capable and made us feel at home. We are all very happy that Hilltop Hall is now Dad's home.

How likely would you be to recommend Hilltop Hall? Extremely Likely

Alison Foreman, Commercial Director at Hilltop Hall responded to this review on 08 Nov 2017:

Thank you very much for such a positive review for Hilltop Hall Care Home. Your feedback is valuable for those searching for care for a loved one, no brochure or website can capture the care and attention provided by the staff team, only the word of residents and relatives can do that. Kind regards

Great staff, they listen to the family when there is a problem.

How likely would you be to recommend Hilltop Hall? Extremely Likely

Alison Foreman, Commercial Director at Hilltop Hall responded to this review on 09 Oct 2017:

Thank you very much for taking the trouble to review our home. Your comments are much appreciated. Kind regards

My mum has been a resident of Hill Top Hall for about 7 1/2 years and I have seen various changes with management and staff. Overall, I am satisfied with the care she receives, the staff who I have known for a long time are excellent. I can tell when they are there on duty and when agency staff are on duty. I feel that there should be more full-time staff, although I realise this is sometimes a problem. I would also like there to be more activities, also more music, which is good for residents' well-being.

How likely would you be to recommend Hilltop Hall? Likely

Many thanks for taking the time to review Hilltop Hall. You are right, Hilltop Hall does have a core of very dedicated and long serving staff, we value and appreciate their dedication to the home. However, there are always instances and many reasons why a staff member might leave and this occasionally creates the need for agency staff while we are waiting for all of the necessary recruitment checks to be completed for replacement permanent staff. Everyone who comes to work in our business has all of the necessary police and record checks carried out by external government agencies, to ensure that all are suitable for their job role. However, for many reasons this can take days or weeks, it is out of our hands. Rest assured that the agency staff who are temporarily at the home, are fully trained and have all of these checks in place. Recruitment for all homes is continuous and the need for agency team members is kept to a complete minimum, if at all, where we can.

With regard to activity provision, the home now has a very enthusiastic Activity Organiser who has been organising trips out on the minibus as well as lifting the standard of activity in the home. I will certainly ensure that your comments regarding music are sent to the Home Manager and this is actioned.

We welcome your feedback regarding the care and services at Hilltop Hall, your comments will be discussed to ensure that the best is done to meet resident needs and wishes.

Thank you again for your feedback.

Kind regards

I visit my grandma twice a week. She is settled and comfortable. I get on great with the staff and they know me very well. I am happy that my grandma is at Hilltop Hall and is happy and well cared for.

How likely would you be to recommend Hilltop Hall? Extremely Likely

Thank you very much for your review. Your positive comments will be warmly received by the team who work so hard to ensure that or residents are well cared for. Kind Regards

I cannot praise all of the staff enough for care that my brother in law has received from Hilltop Hall, they are the true meaning of care workers. The care and compassion they show is fantastic.
Anyone thinking of placing a relative in a care home I strongly advise that you take a look around at the magnificent Hilltop Hall.
The improvement to my brother in law is all down to the dedicated staff at this care home and I can honestly say that it is an enormous improvement that we never thought we would ever see.

How likely would you be to recommend Hilltop Hall? Extremely Likely

Alison Foreman, Commercial Director at Hilltop Hall responded to this review on 30 Jun 2017:

Thank you very much for your wonderful review. The care team are fantastic and I will be sure to pass your comments on.

This is a lovely place, full of character, beautifully maintained grounds. We were really anxious about finding the right place for our brother/dad.
All the staff are so friendly and caring, they really make you feel like you are one big happy family, but at the same time maintaining the right amount of professionalism. We feel so relaxed knowing our brother/dad is in good hands.
Our dad/brother were really unwell and the true care he is receiving has made a great improvement in a short space of time. The staff are understanding of his needs and we are particularly impressed how staff engage with him.
This is truly a fantastic place and in our opinion 5-star staff and above care.
When we leave our visits we know he is in caring and safe hands.

How likely would you be to recommend Hilltop Hall? Extremely Likely

Alison Foreman, Commercial Director at Hilltop Hall responded to this review on 08 May 2017:

Thank you for taking the time to review Hilltop Hall. Your positive feedback will give real confidence to those searching for a care home in the future. Such great feedback is invaluable. Thanks again and kind regards

My Dad has moved in here today. Met a lot of the carers this evening who seem extremely helpful and very pleasant. I feel really pleased knowing that my dad will be well looked after. The building is amazing and very clean .lovely pictures as mum pointed out. And the views of Stockport are fantastic. Many thanks.

How likely would you be to recommend Hilltop Hall? Extremely Likely

Alison Foreman, Business Development Manager at Hilltop Hall responded to this review on 03 Feb 2017:

Firstly, welcome to Hilltop Hall! Please be assured that we will do all we can to be sure that your father is happy and well looked after. If ever you have even the smallest concern or comment, please be sure to speak to the Team or the Home Manager, who will be more than happy to help. Your comments are very kind and much appreciated. Kind regards.

In general, Hilltop Hall care, support and nursing is first class. However, the laundry and clothes tagging (at extra cost) service is extremely poor. It takes weeks to get clothes returned, residents are left without clothes. Clothes taken for tagging are not returned. Now told for cost savings the laundry night shift has been stopped.

How likely would you be to recommend Hilltop Hall? Don't know

Alison Foreman, Business Development Manager at Hilltop Hall responded to this review on 20 Dec 2016:

Many thanks for taking the trouble to review Hilltop Hall and thank you very much for the positive comments with regard to care and nursing. I note your comments regarding the laundry service and would like to reassure you that since you have written your review, the onsite laundry has been totally refitted! The new machines are able to operate more efficiently and have a run cycle in half the time of the original machines, which speeds up the process of returning items to residents, so our laundry service is now back on track, thank goodnesss. We are so sorry that laundry was an issue but so pleased that care was highlighted as 'excellent'. Kind regards

The standard of care at Hilltop was very good, particularly when I was first admitted as I was very sick. My rating for food is a little unfair, as when I am well, I eat at upmarket restaurants. I would rate the good as probably typical for a nursing home.
At times I found them to be a little over protective but this probably due to our health and safety culture.
Should the need arise I would happily return in the future. I would recommend Hilltop to anyone who asks me.

How likely would you be to recommend Hilltop Hall? Extremely Likely

Alison Foreman, Business Development Manager at Hilltop Hall responded to this review on 09 Jun 2016:

Many thanks for your review and we note the points you make. Your feedback is valuable to us and is much appreciated. Kind regards

I was looked after wonderfully. The staff are kind and treated everyone with respect and consideration. They did their best to cater for our every needs. They also made my stay entertaining in the form of the staff who took me under their wings. The young chef did a great job of providing well cooked varied food with in my case special attention to my dietary needs as I am gluten intolerant.

How likely would you be to recommend Hilltop Hall? Extremely Likely

Alison Foreman, Business Development Manager at Hilltop Hall responded to this review on 06 Jun 2016:

Thank you very much for writing such a wonderful review. I am sure that it will give confidence to others who are looking for care in the future. Kind Regards

I was worried about my grandma being left on her own in case she tried to get up by herself and fell. Staff kindly reassured me my grandma is unable to get up herself and showed me how they move her from the chair. After my visit I felt more relaxed and reassured my grandma was being looked after 100%. I would like to greatly thank the staff for their support during my visit.

How likely would you be to recommend Hilltop Hall? Extremely Likely

Alison Foreman, Business Development Manager at Hilltop Hall responded to this review on 01 Jun 2016:

Many thanks for taking the trouble to review our home. Thank you especially for the feedback regarding the care team, who all do as much as they can to reassure and support family members as much as the residents themselves. The home manager as well as the rest of the team is very approachable and is always there to help and chat about your grandmothers care, no matter how small the concern. Kind regards.

I have been visited Hilltop Hall for the past eight months to ask as advocate for a friend who has become a resident there. I cannot speak highly enough of the excellent care and service that the staff and members of management provide.
They are professional, caring understanding, supportive and patient. I can state that not only from the care they provide for my friend but also from witnessing their interaction with other residents as I have walked about this home from home.

How likely would you be to recommend Hilltop Hall? Extremely Likely

Alison Foreman, Business Development Manager at Hilltop Hall responded to this review on 22 Apr 2016:

Thank you very much for taking the trouble to review Hilltop Hall. I am sure that your feedback will be valuable for those who are searching for care on behalf of a friend or loved one. Kind Regards

The quality of customer care and support far outweigh that of any previous care my mum has received. Staff are highly qualified and well trained, and they constantly ensure I am informed of mums progress. I am extremely happy that I found Hilltop Hall, for my mum.

How likely would you be to recommend Hilltop Hall? Extremely Likely

Ashley Worsley, Operations Director at Hilltop Hall responded to this review on 26 Nov 2015:

Thank you very much for your review, it means a lot to the team at Hilltop Hall that their efforts are recognised.

Submit a Review for Hilltop Hall

August 2012

Gold Standard Framework

Recipient: Hilltop Hall

Date: Monday 20 Aug 2012

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Hilltop Hall