Revitalise Sandpipers, Southport, Merseyside

Revitalise delivers breaks that go far beyond traditional respite care, by offering an excellent range of themed breaks complete with daytime excursions, in-house activities and entertainment that give the centres a unique holiday atmosphere.

Revitalise specialises in providing respite holidays for adults with physical disabilities as well as Alzheimer’s and dementia, with 24 hour on call nursing care available and over 50 years experience catering for over 150 different disabilities.

Sandpipers offers a picturesque location within easy reach of some of the North’s best attractions. The centre features a sun terrace and heated indoor hydrotherapy pool. Whether guests want to socialise or relax, the choice is theirs.

Sandpipers has provision for both dual and single occupancy. Guests have a call system and television in their bedroom, as well as en-suite bathrooms with assisted bathing. Specialist equipment including hoists and profiling beds are available on request.

Group: Revitalise Respite Holidays

Person in charge: Katrine Schofield (General Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Sefton Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Voluntary / Not for Profit Owned , Registered for a maximum of 38 Service Users

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Old Age • Physical Disability • Sensory Impairment • Younger Adults

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Cerebral Palsy • Epilepsy • Head/Brain Injury • Hearing Impairment • Huntington's Disease • Motor Neurone Disease • Multiple Sclerosis • Muscular Dystrophy • Neuropathic • Parkinson's Disease • Speech Impairment • Spina Bifida & Hydrocephalus • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Admission Information: Holiday centre/respite care only. Ages 18+.

Facilities & Services: Respite Care • Own GP if required • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Bar/Cafe on premises • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Revitalise Sandpipers: click here

9.2 Revitalise Sandpipers has a Review Score of 9.2 (9.231)

The Review Score of 9.2 (maximum of 10) for Revitalise Sandpipers is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.6 out of 5 from 8 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Revitalise Sandpipers in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 4.7 out of 5 from 5 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.573 for Revitalise Sandpipers is calculated as follows: ( (61 Excellents x 5) + (29 Goods x 4) + (6 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 96 Ratings = 4.573

The 4.658 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Revitalise Sandpipers is based on 5 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 7.6 positive Reviews (38 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 5 Reviews ÷ 7.6 Target = 0.658

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Revitalise Sandpipers?

Reviewer Connection to Revitalise Sandpipers

• Respite Resident/Service User

My nan spent a week at Sandpipers. She had a fantastic time, the care staff were fantastic, the volunteers were friendly and helped put Nan at ease. She really enjoyed the variety of trips on offer, and the full assistance she was given while on the trips and in the hotel. She is looking forward to her next holiday.

How likely would you be to recommend Revitalise Sandpipers? Extremely Likely

Louise Paz, Marketing Manager at Revitalise Sandpipers responded to this review on 21 Aug 2017:

Hello,
Thank you so much for your email, we are delighted to hear that your nan enjoyed her time at Sandpipers! We look forward to seeing her again soon.

Very nervous on my first visit, which was unneeded, I was soon very reassured by all. All are so accommodating helping you settle you in; I did have problems with night staff; especially with dignity when getting me up early at my request (hence the good rating not excellent for staff, dignity and care).

Amazing activities, range avail, from table tennis, to Boccia; to suit everyone. Activities coordinator is always willing to match everyone's needs.

Despite a large lounge, a quiet lounge would be a good idea away from entertainment so not isolated in bedroom if entertainment isn't for you.
Kitchen staff go beyond means, to make sure you have as good a meal as everyone else if you have complex dietary needs. So thank you, this made it so much easier for crucial nutritional.

There were a few negatives as well, mainly my bedroom not getting cleaned each day which is crucial for someone with a tube/low immune system.
But overall, I would suggest going and I'm planning on returning.

How likely would you be to recommend Revitalise Sandpipers? Likely

Louise Paz, Marketing Manager at Revitalise Sandpipers responded to this review on 17 Jul 2017:

Dear Ali,

Thank you so much for your feedback, which we have forwarded onto the team at Sandpipers. I’m really pleased to hear that we were warm and welcoming for your first holiday with us and that you enjoyed your stay and our range of activities, but I’m sorry to hear of the issues you raised; please rest assured that one of our management team at Sandpipers will be contacting you shortly to discuss this further so we can ensure it does not happen again.

We look forward to welcoming you back for another Revitalise holiday soon, and if you need anything in the meantime please do not hesitate to contact us.

Best wishes.

Great, another enjoyable holiday at this excellent location.
Special mention to the trainee nurses on placement experience from Edge Hill University.
They were very helpful and extremely supportive towards my elderly mother - 97 years old.
Many Thanks.

How likely would you be to recommend Revitalise Sandpipers? Extremely Likely

Louise Paz, Marketing Manager at Revitalise Sandpipers responded to this review on 30 Jan 2017:

Thank you for your feedback, we are so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay at Sandpipers! Look forward to welcoming you both again soon.

On arrival, I immediately felt welcome. Throughout my stay I found all the staff and volunteers in all departments to be friendly. The volunteers were out of this world. They worked to learn my needs and routine. Within the first few days, they understood and carried out my routine well, without asking. The holiday was so relaxing. I never felt rushed. The facilities were great, the hydropool was wonderful. I had such a good time on my week's holiday that I will be booking two weeks next summer. I would certainly recommend Revitalise Southport. Thank you.

How likely would you be to recommend Revitalise Sandpipers? Extremely Likely

Louise Ranger, Marketing Manager at Revitalise Sandpipers responded to this review on 13 Oct 2016:

Thank you so much for such wonderful feedback, we are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your holiday at Sandpipers and look forward to welcoming you again!

My husband has had a stroke and is not able to walk or talk, he won't go into respite so it gives me a chance to enjoy a holiday with him, with all facilities available. Plenty of clean laundry and bedding, he was able to relax and enjoy the marina and sit out in the tranquil gardens. I was able to go out and enjoy a bike ride knowing that if he needed anything, help would be on hand.
The staff went the extra mile to make sure we had everything that was possible and we were offered a trip every day, although we never went.

How likely would you be to recommend Revitalise Sandpipers? Extremely Likely

Louise Ranger, Marketing Manager at Revitalise Sandpipers responded to this review on 26 Sep 2016:

Hello, thank you very much for your feedback. It's lovely to hear that you and your husband both had the respite holiday you needed. We look forward to welcoming you to our centres again soon!

I had the most wonderful week at Sandpipers, every day was a laugh a minute. From lovely friendly people at the breakfast table, super young helpers, the nurses, staff and managers all went out of their way to help us. I was in the pool every morning at 8am with my 2 helpers, it was wonderful. I am 81 years old now and it has done my body the power of good as I have osteoarthritis all over my body. I am independent and I use a mobility scooter. Going out every day on trips with our packed lunch was great. And going to the lake district was really wonderful, up and down the river the view was beautiful.

How likely would you be to recommend Revitalise Sandpipers? Extremely Likely

Louise Ranger, Marketing Manager at Revitalise Sandpipers responded to this review on 08 Sep 2016:

Thank you for such lovely feedback, Margaret! The team at Sandpipers are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Until the 8th of February I had never heard of this respite care, when I received a leaflet explaining what it offered. By the 12th of February I had booked to arrive on the 20th of February, I had the most relaxing and worry free experience of my life. From using the aqua therapy pool to the massages really made me feel like a new person.
The staff and volunteers couldn't do enough for me, and nothing was too much for them. The food and the times for eating were both excellent.
The Sandpipers rejuvenated me to where I never thought I would ever experience again. This service you provide is second to none and I will forever be grateful for being allowed to have a chance to enjoy this experience. It will live with me for a long time, thank-you for providing me with this opportunity. Revitalise.

How likely would you be to recommend Revitalise Sandpipers? Extremely Likely

Louise Ranger, Marketing Manager at Revitalise Sandpipers responded to this review on 24 Mar 2016:

Thank you so much for your feedback, which I have passed onto the team at Sandpipers. We are thrilled to read that you enjoyed your first visit and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon for another rejuvenating break!
Best wishes, Louise

Really enjoyed the variety of trips. The ratio of staff to guests exceeded my expectation. I was particularly pleased with the level of care that was available. The surroundings were beautiful, being on the lake.

How likely would you be to recommend Revitalise Sandpipers? Extremely Likely

Kelly Lawrence, Marketing Executive at Revitalise Sandpipers responded to this review on 10 Dec 2015:

Hi Beryl, we are pleased that you and your husband enjoyed your stay at Sandpipers. We hope to see you both again soon! Thanks,
Kelly

Submit a Review for Revitalise Sandpipers

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Revitalise Sandpipers

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Revitalise Sandpipers