Grove House Care Home, Prenton, Merseyside

Emmanuel Christian Care Home is situated near to Birkenhead town centre and is convenient for public transport and the M53 motorway link.

The home provides care in two separate houses.

Park House provides nursing and social care for the frail elderly and mentally infirm elderly.

Grove House provides care for the frail elderly and dementia nursing care.

Accommodation is provided in single occupancy rooms, all of which have private en-suite facilities. Each resident's room features a telephone point and an individual nurses call system. Most rooms have views of the garden and the surrounding landscape. The atmosphere at Emmanuel Christian is both friendly and comfortable.

The home features lounges and dining rooms, where residents can enjoy the company of others at meal times and socialise. Meals served are based on traditional home cooking using fresh produce.

An experienced hair stylist and qualified chiropodist visit the home on a regular basis. Complementary therapies can be arranged for residents also.

The home provides a varied programme of activities.

Group: Four Seasons Health Care

Person in charge: Laura McNally (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Wirral Metropolitan Borough Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 63 Service Users

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Epilepsy • Hearing Impairment • Huntington's Disease • Motor Neurone Disease • Multiple Sclerosis • Neuropathic • Orthopaedic • Parkinson's Disease • Schizophrenia • Speech Impairment • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Languages Spoken by Staff (other than English): Polish

Facilities & Services: Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Separate Dementia Care Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Grove House Care Home: click here

No Bed Vacancies

posted 17 Nov 2017

8.7 Grove House Care Home has a Review Score of 8.7 (8.726)

The Review Score of 8.7 (maximum of 10) for Grove House Care Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.7 out of 5 from 20 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Grove House Care Home in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 4.1 out of 5 from 4 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.659 for Grove House Care Home is calculated as follows: ( (160 Excellents x 5) + (65 Goods x 4) + (7 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 232 Ratings = 4.659

The 4.067 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Grove House Care Home is based on 4 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

1. 3 + 0.25 + 0.25 + 0.25 = 3.75

2. Target of 12.6 positive Reviews (63 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 4 Reviews ÷ 12.6 Target = 0.317

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Grove House Care Home?

Reviewer Connection to Grove House Care Home

I cannot praise highly enough the way I was cared for at the intermediate care unit. The staff were absolutely fantastic, always cheerful and happy, and cares for my every need with a smile. There is not a single aspect of my stay of seven weeks which I can complain about. Arrangements to attend local hospitals for treatment were made excellently, congratulations.

How likely would you be to recommend Grove House Care Home? Extremely Likely

Ronnie Cavanagh, Digital Marketing Executive at Grove House Care Home responded to this review on 07 Sep 2017:

Thank you, Elwyn, for your comments about your recent experience at Grove House Care Home. Our residents’ wellbeing is our main priority and it is great to hear that you were so pleased with the quality of our care. All of our staff are committed to providing the best possible care experience for all of our residents and it is very rewarding to have their efforts recognised.

This is lovely nursing home where my Dad was looked after during the last year of his life. The carers are so kind and worked hard to give him the best care, always maintaining his dignity and lifting his spirits with their cheerful, affectionate care and attention. He enjoyed the activities especially poetry reading and musical activities. He became more cheerful in himself whilst living at Grove House.
I found the staff approachable and helpful and they showed in many ways that they were genuinely fond of my dad. I was allowed to visit him at any time which was really helpful as I live far away and it was nice to be able to spend all day with him or go back and forth throughout the day and evening when I came up and stayed nearby for a few days.

How likely would you be to recommend Grove House Care Home? Extremely Likely

Ronnie Cavanagh, Digital Marketing Executive at Grove House Care Home responded to this review on 04 Sep 2017:

Thank you, Anne, for your kind comments about your recent experience at Grove House Care Home. Our residents’ wellbeing is our main priority and it is great to hear that you were so pleased with the quality of our care your Dad received. We are really happy to hear your Dad enjoyed a variety of activities including poetry and music, we strive to make each moment for our residents a memorable one. All of our staff are committed to providing the best possible care experience for all of our residents and it is very rewarding to have their efforts recognised.

My mum is in Grove House, I am so happy she is well looked after. The staff are brilliant, kind, caring and always helpful. The home is clean, lovely TV room, lounge and dining room. My mum loves it here, I didn't think we would ever hear her say that, as she has never been in a home before but she loves it.

My brother and I are so happy with all her care. As I work in the NHS I know about care, I have no problems with my mums care in Grove House. I truly can't fault this home. Excellent.

How likely would you be to recommend Grove House Care Home? Extremely Likely

The staff are very caring and treat my father with dignity and respect. They have accommodated us as a family in many ways, which has made the transition for Dad easier. There are many activities that Dad gets involved in and many one to one time has been given to Dad between him and the carers. I cannot thank this management and staff for helping me and my family at this difficult time.

How likely would you be to recommend Grove House Care Home? Extremely Likely

I have attended many care homes in recent years and many of them are very good and have treated me well but due to unforeseen circumstances I could not go into my normal respite centre so ended up coming here to Grove House.
I never thought in my wildest dreams a place like this existed it is fantastic. I thought I had died and gone to heaven. I want to come back again and again, the management are friendly and welcoming and the carers well what can I say, I cannot find the words to do them justice just Fantastic.
They are a credit to the Four Seasons Group.

How likely would you be to recommend Grove House Care Home? Extremely Likely

Leading up to the passing our belated mother on 15th June 2016, the staff on Chester Unit were so professional, supportive, compassionate and dignified throughout our mothers stay there. We could not have asked for a better place for our belated mother to the time of passing away with love and great dignity. We as a family, truly thank the staff on Chester Unit for all that they did for us and our mother, collectively. We would certainly recommend Grove House to anyone wishing to be cared for with the utmost professionalism, care and dignity at all times. Thank you all.

How likely would you be to recommend Grove House Care Home? Extremely Likely

My auntie is terminally ill and I would like to give recognition to the staff at Chester Unit. They have been exceptionally professionally outstanding in their approach and attitude when caring for my lovely auntie and all her family members during this sad time.

How likely would you be to recommend Grove House Care Home? Extremely Likely

My sister is terminally ill and I would like to thank all the staff who have cared for her in the last 16 months, especially the last 2 weeks and all our family (Chester Unit).

How likely would you be to recommend Grove House Care Home? Extremely Likely

My colleague and I read poetry to the clients once a week. We have been doing this for 3+4 years. We have found that since the new management how the atmosphere has changed. It is more of a "home" rather than a nursing home.
It is obvious that the staff care for the clients and every one including visitors are made welcome. In the last few months several clients have died and the funeral and wakes have been at the home. Every attempt is made to entertain the clients. There is a great deal of love and affection.

Excellent.

How likely would you be to recommend Grove House Care Home? Extremely Likely

Mainly this care home is excellent. I am hovering on excellent for everything, but to recommend is difficult to say as people vary from their opinions.

How likely would you be to recommend Grove House Care Home? Likely

Was a pleasure to go and visit my nan. She looked well cared for and her room was spotless. She is happy and contented and is well thought of by staff. The staff are very friendly and easy to talk to, they take the time to sit and chat and listen to any concerns we may have as a family and nothing seems to be too much trouble.

How likely would you be to recommend Grove House Care Home? Extremely Likely

Very caring and friendly staff! The Home Manager couldn't do enough for us! Lovely home! The home was homely and very clean. I couldn't recommend this home more highly. The food choices are varied and very tasty. The activities person was lovely and her genuine nature shines through.

How likely would you be to recommend Grove House Care Home? Extremely Likely

My mum has been here since February 2015, obviously she was unsettled at first but now she is much more relaxed each time my sister and I visit her. We have a great relationship with all the staff especially the staff nurses and not forgetting the head of administration as she has been very helpful. We are happy as a family knowing mum is well cared for here at Grove House. I hope our opinion counts for something. Thanks

How likely would you be to recommend Grove House Care Home? Extremely Likely

My mum has been in Grove House Care Home for 2 and a half years now and I must say she loves it. I also like it and I feel my mum is safe and well looked after. The staff are very nice and efficient and the manager is friendly and will listen to anything you want to talk about and act on it. Also the secretary is fantastic and always helps and is very good at her job. I am very happy with the care at Grove House Care Home.

How likely would you be to recommend Grove House Care Home? Extremely Likely

Mum has been in Grove House for about five years and is totally dependent, after all this time she is still fed and hydrated and does not have any pressure sores. When we visit she is always clean and has her hair done on a regular basis. Mum has difficulty in swallowing but staff are patient and sit to make sure she gets all her drinks and food. I have seen patients in hospital fed when carers stand and shoved the food into patients. The staff in Grove House take the time to look after her properly.

How likely would you be to recommend Grove House Care Home? Extremely Likely

My brother has been at this home for one year, he is in the nursing section of this home. I can truly say the care he receives is excellent. The nursing he receives is the best, all three nurses are brilliant and care for him so well. If I think there is a problem they sort it straight away. Also the carers are again truly fantastic. They look after him so well. I have great praise for this home and can't fault it and I am so happy my brother is here.

How likely would you be to recommend Grove House Care Home? Extremely Likely

I am very happy with this home. The carers are lovely and patient and most importantly caring. The nurses are efficient and listen to us. The carers make and create a lovely environment, one actually greeted the residents to a take away meal one night and all the residents including my mum were delighted. It was such a thoughtful gesture. It makes me feel re-assured my mum is well looked after.

How likely would you be to recommend Grove House Care Home? Likely

1) Very pleased 2) Very sad:
I am very impressed by the kindness and relentless hard work of almost all the employees at Grove House. The carers are so warm hearted and nothing is too much trouble for them. On the whole ignoring one or two incidents both my parents have been treated with respect and dignity. I have felt comfortable leaving them in the care of Grove House. (Less good= transfer of information nurse to nurse shift to shift. Also no one called me and I missed my mum's death. This caused me great sadness.)

How likely would you be to recommend Grove House Care Home? Extremely Likely

This home is so very kind, friendly and caring. There are too many staff single out individually. The manager is hands on and nothing is too much trouble. A couple of areas that could do with improving. The floor (corridor) is often quite smelly, urine/motions. The laundry is not always collected or handed back I have to look for it.

Submit a Review for Grove House Care Home

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Grove House Care Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Grove House Care Home