Amelia House Care Home

Coningham Avenue, Rawcliffe, York YO30 5NH

Amelia House Care Home is ideally situated in the village of Rawcliffe and is within easy reach of local shops, public transport and other amenities.

The service provides nursing care for people who live with more complex medical needs, whilst offering residential care for those who need support with everyday activities such as washing, dressing or eating, as well as keeping on top of taking medications.

Nursing and residential care is also provided for those living with dementia.

Respite or short stay care is available to give family or friends a well-earned break.

Traditional home cooking using fresh produce is offered with choices being available. Special diets can be catered for.

Residents pursue their hobbies in the spacious communal areas which can be used for relaxing and socialising. Along with this, Amelia House also has a dementia cafe and cinema room for everyone to use.

A varied activities programme includes group and 1-to-1 activity sessions, day trips, performances by local entertainers and themed events to name a few.

Group: Four Seasons Health Care

Person in charge: Angela Law (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: York City Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 81 Service Users

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Old Age • Younger Adults

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Cancer Care • Epilepsy • Parkinson's Disease • Stroke

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Day Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Separate Dementia Care Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Amelia House Care Home: click here

The Review Score of 8.5 (maximum of 10) for Amelia House Care Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.5 out of 5 from 7 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Amelia House Care Home in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 4.0 out of 5 from 4 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.5 for Amelia House Care Home is calculated as follows: ( (47 Excellents x 5) + (33 Goods x 4) + (3 Satisfactorys x 3) + (1 Poors x 2) ) ÷ 84 Ratings = 4.5

The 3.997 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Amelia House Care Home is based on 4 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

1. 3 + 0.25 + 0.25 + 0.25 = 3.75

2. Target of 16.2 positive Reviews (81 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 4 Reviews ÷ 16.2 Target = 0.247

8.5 Amelia House Care Home has a Review Score of 8.5 (8.497) from 7 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Amelia House Care Home?

Reviewer Connection to Amelia House Care Home

I am confident that my wife is in good hands and is being well cared for.

How likely would you be to recommend Amelia House Care Home? Extremely Likely

Ronnie Cavanagh, Digital Marketing Executive at Amelia House Care Home responded to this review on 12 Jan 2018:

Thank you, Joseph, for your feedback following your recent experience at Amelia House Care Home. We really appreciate you letting us know how we are doing and that you have been pleased with the quality of our care. We look forward to seeing you again soon. Take care!

My husband was here for three and a half years. Every visit was pleasant, staff welcoming and efficient. I felt we could ask about things if needed, also staff cared about us too. They were so kind when my husband passed away in fact three - four staff were exceptional. The day my husband was taken into hospital even sending me off in the ambulance with him with toast as I'd not had time for breakfast. Even the ambulance paramedics said they had done a good job, if not excellent that morning.

How likely would you be to recommend Amelia House Care Home? Likely

Ronnie Cavanagh, Digital Marketing Executive at Amelia House Care Home responded to this review on 03 Jan 2018:

Thank you, Ann, for your kind comments about our team here at Amelia House Care Home. We always appreciate individuals taking the time to give their feedback and we are very pleased to hear that your experience was so positive. All of our staff are committed to providing the best possible care experience for all of our residents, but it is equally important to us ensure the care and well-being of our residents' families and friends. We are delighted to hear that you have experienced this first hand and it is rewarding to have the efforts of the team here recognised. It really motivates us to do even more! Thank you once again for the lovely review.

From our first enquiry visit and all other visits to mother subsequently, we have been treated with courtesy, respect, professionalism and kindness. All the staff and residents seem very happy to be in Amelia House and we are looking forward to seeing mum enjoy her new life there.

How likely would you be to recommend Amelia House Care Home? Extremely Likely

Ronnie Cavanagh, Digital Marketing Executive at Amelia House Care Home responded to this review on 01 Dec 2017:

Thank you for your comments about your recent experience at Amelia House Care Home. Our residents’ wellbeing is our main priority and it is great to hear that you have seen this for yourself. We really appreciate you taking the time to let us know how we are doing and we will be making sure your mum enjoys life here at our home. We look forward to your next visit. Take care!

My dad spent the last 5 weeks in Amelia House Care Home in York after having a really bad experience previously in another York care home and I am so pleased to say the staff at Amelia House gave me faith in care homes. They always treated dad and his family with respect and courtesy. They truly know the meaning of the word care and I cannot fault anything they do. Even in dad's final hours/minutes they were there when we needed them and assured dad passed away peacefully. I only wish dad had not been so ill when he arrived at Amelia House as I feel the staff never really got to see the better side of his nature. I cannot thank you all enough from the bottom of my heart.

How likely would you be to recommend Amelia House Care Home? Extremely Likely

My relative is currently in Amelia House, I have peace of mind that he is being very well cared for. The care assistants are always very polite and well mannered. The Easter activities at the home are very well planned, they even have ducklings for the residents to handle! I would fully recommend this home to anybody wanting the best care for their loved one.

How likely would you be to recommend Amelia House Care Home? Extremely Likely

My husband came under the care of Amelia on 7th April 2016. He was angry when admitted. He would not eat or take medication when at home. I had looked after him for about six years but things became impossible for me. Since being in the care of Amelia he has got parts of my husband back. The staff are a credit, like everywhere, could do with more. To me, they do an amazing job. They are so pleasant and helpful. They face a lot of challenges. If I could change anything it would be rather than the TV going constantly, there is a cinema room not used a lot. They should transfer the screen into the resident's room and play old films.

How likely would you be to recommend Amelia House Care Home? Extremely Likely

My mother was taken to hospital on 29th May and a carer escorted her. The doctor at the hospital was unconcerned and detrimental regarding my mum, the carer expressed her concern as to the way mum was being treated and really stood up for mum. This really upset the carer who went overboard to care for mum outside the home. I am now putting a formal complaint about the hospital.

Submit a Review for Amelia House Care Home

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Amelia House Care Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Amelia House Care Home