Westmoor View Care Home

Dixons Bank, Marton-in-Cleveland, Middlesbrough TS7 8PA

Westmoor View is committed to treating each resident’s care needs on an individual basis, with professionals working hard to ensure the correct level and type of care is provided. The home offers care for older people and young people with physical disabilities, while compassionate and respectful care assistants also offer terminal care.

Originally built in the 1860s, the home has retained many original features such as large bay windows, with renovators having successfully maintained the home’s great character. Residents can make the most of the home’s location to reach local shops and other amenities.

Family and friends are welcome to join residents at mealtimes, which are freshly produced using seasonal foods. Homemade cakes are enjoyed by residents with their afternoon tea or coffee.

Every month residents are encouraged to take part in a monthly event to celebrate annual occasions such as Mother’s Day and Christmas.

Person in charge: Caroline Pocklington (General Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Middlesbrough Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 36 Service Users

Registered Care Categories*: Learning Disability • Old Age • Physical Disability

Specialist Care Categories: Parkinson's Disease • Stroke

Languages Spoken by Staff (other than English): German, French

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Day Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Westmoor View Care Home: click here

The Review Score of 9.4 (maximum of 10) for Westmoor View Care Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.4 out of 5 from 21 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Westmoor View Care Home in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 5 out of 5 from 15 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.448 for Westmoor View Care Home is calculated as follows: ( (138 Excellents x 5) + (88 Goods x 4) + (17 Satisfactorys x 3) + (5 Poors x 2) ) ÷ 248 Ratings = 4.448

The 5 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Westmoor View Care Home is based on 15 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 7.2 positive Reviews (36 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 15 Reviews ÷ 7.2 Target Reached = 1

9.4 Westmoor View Care Home has a Review Score of 9.4 (9.448) from 21 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Westmoor View Care Home?

Reviewer Connection to Westmoor View Care Home

• Aunt of Resident/Service User

My aunty was only at Westmoor View a short time but during her visit, her care was excellent, treated with care and dignity.

How likely would you be to recommend Westmoor View Care Home? Extremely Likely

The care and support is outstanding. Everyone goes the extra mile. All the staff are so kind and helpful. All so very clean and excellent facilities for everybody. The food is healthy and very good value for money.

How likely would you be to recommend Westmoor View Care Home? Extremely Likely

My father in law was admitted for end of life care. Our wishes were considered at all times, as was our welfare. Respectful staff treated him with dignity. Made a stressful time bearable. Thanks to all concerned.

How likely would you be to recommend Westmoor View Care Home? Extremely Likely

I should like to say how wonderful and caring the staff are and my father has been looked after amazingly well, although he is in his final days, he is very poorly and when he first went into Westmoor view I could see how his health has improved. It’s always a difficult decision to hand over your loved one but I’m so glad I let the professionals take over. It’s now much easier for me to be ‘the daughter’ visiting and not stressed out with the caring side. I can enjoy the visits with my father.

How likely would you be to recommend Westmoor View Care Home? Extremely Likely

Most care homes we visited had a very foreboding atmosphere - not so at Westmore View. We were impressed with all the staff we came in contact with, they know their job and cared for our relative in a very kind and considerate way. We would not hesitate to recommend Westmore View care home. Clean, friendly and informative. One in a million - thanks.

How likely would you be to recommend Westmoor View Care Home? Extremely Likely

A very good care home. Staff always pleasant and friendly. As a visitor, we are made welcome and get informed and up to date with activities.

How likely would you be to recommend Westmoor View Care Home? Likely

For the past 2 years, my father was in Westmoor View, sadly age 96 he died a few weeks ago. I can't fault the care he was given and the food was wonderful. Any small problems we had were always the result of understaffing. Small things like wiping hands face and table in the room after lunch.

How likely would you be to recommend Westmoor View Care Home? Extremely Likely

Clare Sheehan, Care Advisor at Westmoor View Care Home responded to this review on 15 Mar 2018:

Thank you for your review; we value all feedback as this helps us to improve our service where required. The home is committed to delivering a high standard of care and to this end the dependencies of all our Residents are regularly assessed and actions put in to place when a change in an individuals’ needs has occurred. I can only apologise that you found at times that there were delays in addressing your Father’s needs after his meals. I am confident that staff do their best to attend to all our Residents needs promptly.

My mother has been a resident at the care home for three years now. My family has the utmost respect for all the staff and the attention we have been given. It is always lovely to be offered a cup of tea when we visit.

How likely would you be to recommend Westmoor View Care Home? Likely

Nothing has been too much trouble for the staff at Westmoor View. At first, we didn't want to use a care home for mam, but the staff have really made mam feel at home giving her excellent one to one treatment, they have also looked after us as a family with refreshments, we could not have asked for anything better. They all pass the time of day with you and ask if you're okay. Keep up the good work.

How likely would you be to recommend Westmoor View Care Home? Extremely Likely

My mother was at Westmoor View Care Home for palliative care. We had previously been reluctant to place her in any home but once we looked around Westmoor View, we were a little more at ease as it was very clean and did not have that normal care home smell when you entered.
Once she was in the care home, we realised we had no reason to worry. The staff were amazing and very attentive to both her and all the family. Unfortunately, my mother was not in a good state of health but we were very well looked after. My sisters and I were at the home for around 12-14 hours per day and they made sure we had plenty of drinks and even provided us with some food although we had our own provisions with us.
We saw how fantastic they interacted with the residents who were more mobile than our mother and witnessed some of the daytime activities they provided. We would 100% recommend this home to anyone else who is looking for a good place for elderly relatives.

How likely would you be to recommend Westmoor View Care Home? Extremely Likely

The staff are the strength of this nursing home. Both the nursing and care staff work very well together to provide a comfortable, safe and happy environment for the clients as well as family and friends visiting. Mum's room was large and bright but that obviously came at extra cost.

The nursing staff were always able to give me accurate information regarding Mum's medical and care needs. Equipment was accessed readily and appropriately.

How likely would you be to recommend Westmoor View Care Home? Likely

On the occasions of my visits to see my brother in Westmoor View Care HOme, I found the place to be very suitable for purpose. The rooms and public areas were very clean with good facilities for the residents. The staff were caring, kind and friendly. Door entry security was adhered to, providing monitoring of visitors entering the building. Also, there is a visitors book for the recording of names and times of arrival and departure. The staff were always very courteous to callers, whether it be calls in person or by telephone. The care home is in a lovely location on Dixons Bank. The gardens are beautifully laid out in a style very suitable for walking and sitting in during nice weather conditions.

How likely would you be to recommend Westmoor View Care Home? Extremely Likely

I am happy with the standard of care provided to my Mam during her time at Westmoor View.
Her needs were met and she was able to enjoy some happy times with staff and other residents and their families which has given me lasting memories.
I am thankful to all staff involved in her care.

How likely would you be to recommend Westmoor View Care Home? Likely

We are very pleased with the experience of my mother.

How likely would you be to recommend Westmoor View Care Home? Extremely Likely

Cannot praise the staff any higher. The care, devotion, compassion and dedication to patients is second to none. The home has a very pleasant smell when you enter and the meals that are served are all presented in an appetising way.

How likely would you be to recommend Westmoor View Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer Services Administrator at Westmoor View Care Home responded to this review on 14 Aug 2017:

Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience and appreciate your comments of our Staff and will share your comments with the home’s manager

My wife died in August of last year 2015. I would say that she was well looked after during her stay at the above. I myself enjoyed my visits there.

How likely would you be to recommend Westmoor View Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer Services Administrator at Westmoor View Care Home responded to this review on 09 Sep 2016:

Satisfactory.

How likely would you be to recommend Westmoor View Care Home? Don't know

Rachel Elliott, Customer Service Administrator at Westmoor View Care Home responded to this review on 20 Jul 2016:

Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience and appreciate your comments of our home and will share your comments with the home’s manager. The Bupa Customer Care Team.

Mu husband and I were asked by a family member to check out a few homes for his dad. We visited Westmoor View and were made to feel very welcome as soon as we walked through the door from that point on, we said this is the right place, but we had to go to two more care home first. We were not impressed at all with them. We were delighted when the family choose Westmoor View. We highly recommend Westmoor View for any other person if needed.

How likely would you be to recommend Westmoor View Care Home? Extremely Likely

Emily Wilson, Customer Service Administrator at Westmoor View Care Home responded to this review on 05 Jul 2016:

Adequate.

How likely would you be to recommend Westmoor View Care Home? Unlikely

Rachel Elliott, Customer Service Administrator at Westmoor View Care Home responded to this review on 05 Jul 2016:

My father was diagnosed with Pancreatic Cancer in 2013 and spent a few weeks of his life in Westmoor View until his death in February 2014. My family are extremely grateful for the great care and dignity that the team provided for my father. Highly professional, with great warmth, humour and humanity.

How likely would you be to recommend Westmoor View Care Home? Likely

My mother was a resident at Westmoor View Nursing Home for 18 months during that time there was never any issues with the care she received. However, my mother died in the home at the end of July 2015 and not one member of the home attended her funeral. This all my family and friends thought very disrespectful. I felt and still feel very hurt and disappointed with the staff and the BUPA organisation. (All the funeral details were written in the Thank You card given to the staff.)

How likely would you be to recommend Westmoor View Care Home? Unlikely

Westmoor View Nursing Home, Bupa Care Homes at Westmoor View Care Home responded to this review on 13 Aug 2015:

We take all comments extremely seriously and are very disappointed to hear that none of our staff attended your Mother’s funeral. We would like to contact you so that we can discuss this in more detail and investigate it fully. Please can you send your details to our customer services team by emailing feedback@bupa.com so that we can give you a call you to discuss this feedback.

Submit a Review for Westmoor View Care Home

posted 08 May 2018

Please contact us for information regarding our bed availability

Recipient: HC-One

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Westmoor View Care Home