Castle Gardens Care Home

Castle Avenue, Invergordon IV18 0LW

Castle Gardens Care Home provides dementia care, nursing care and end of life care for up to 40 residents in a countryside purpose-built setting. There is a choice of lounge areas where residents can spend time with friends and family in comfortable and specially designed furnishings.

There is a range of bedrooms which are well-furnished to ensure residents’ maximum comfort.

Residents are cared for by a dedicated team of staff who strive to deliver care with kindness at all times. Meals are freshly prepared by the home’s chefs and they can be adapted to cater for special dietary requirements.

Person in charge: Lorna McLeod (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Highland Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 40 Service Users

Specialist Care Categories: Alcohol Dependence (past or present) • Alzheimer's • Bipolar/Manic Depression • Cancer Care • Challenging Behaviour • Colitis & Crohn's Disease • Epilepsy • Head/Brain Injury • Hearing Impairment • Huntington's Disease • Motor Neurone Disease • Multiple Sclerosis • Muscular Dystrophy • Parkinson's Disease • Schizophrenia • Speech Impairment • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest Care Inspectorate* Report on Castle Gardens Care Home: click here

The Review Score of 9.7 (maximum of 10) for Castle Gardens Care Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.7 out of 5 from 16 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Castle Gardens Care Home in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 5 out of 5 from 9 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.654 for Castle Gardens Care Home is calculated as follows: ( (129 Excellents x 5) + (58 Goods x 4) + (4 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 191 Ratings = 4.654

The 5 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Castle Gardens Care Home is based on 9 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 8 positive Reviews (40 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 9 Reviews ÷ 8 Target Reached = 1

9.7 Castle Gardens Care Home has a Review Score of 9.7 (9.654) from 16 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Castle Gardens Care Home?

Reviewer Connection to Castle Gardens Care Home

The staff are friendly, caring and compassionate. They always have something to say to the residents and are great at keeping me informed regarding Mum's wellbeing, which is great as I live a distance away.
They encourage my mum to participate socially.
I am delighted with the care Mum receives at Castle Gardens.

How likely would you be to recommend Castle Gardens Care Home? Extremely Likely

My sister has been resident in Castle Gardens for more than five years and has received excellent care since day one. I thought then that her care package was ideal but feel that in the last two years or so this has improved - nothing specific - just a feeling I get on visiting. I must say the staff care for me, the visitor as well, always welcoming. A pleasure to meet and spend time with them.

How likely would you be to recommend Castle Gardens Care Home? Extremely Likely

It was such a heartbreaking decision to have to move my stepdad into a care home but having looked at all the others in the area, we chose here and have not regretted it. All the staff in every department are so caring and kind, not just to the residents but to their families. There are lots of activities and parties to keep the residents occupied as well as a lovely big garden and TV room. His bedroom is kept clean, the food is nice with generous portions and residents are encouraged out of their bedrooms to join in and socialise. It all takes some of the worry off my mum's mind at such a difficult time.

How likely would you be to recommend Castle Gardens Care Home? Extremely Likely

I visited my brother-in-law almost daily over a two week period. My first impression was the friendliness and openness of all the staff members and the caring attitude noted towards all residents.
My relative was quite poorly during my visits but with encouragement and care, he began to respond.
The staff showed patience and understanding towards him and his distressed wife. There is a certain inevitability of the outcome for my relative but the end of life care cannot be faulted.

How likely would you be to recommend Castle Gardens Care Home? Extremely Likely

Staff are always kind and caring to my husband and me - offering him tea and hugs when they see I am upset at his failing mental and physical health.

Residents are never left to sit in isolation as a staff member will keep them company when free from other duties.
This is a kind, efficiently run home from home and I am so happy with my husbands care.

How likely would you be to recommend Castle Gardens Care Home? Extremely Likely

My father-in-law, who has vascular dementia, has stayed here for one year and two months, and I am delighted with the care he has received. The staff treat him with dignity and have helped him, as well as the family, cope with the deterioration of his condition. He considers the care home his own home and he loves using the large secure garden. The staff are always welcoming, cheerful and professional.

Choosing Castle
Gardens was one of the best decisions we have made. During the 5 years my mum
was there, there were many changes in staff but a consistent level of care was
always provided. The last few weeks as my mum's health deteriorated, the staff
were exceptional and went above and beyond to ensure that mum was comfortable
and well cared for at all times. I could feel genuine love and concern from all
the key members of staff. They even found time to attend her funeral and they
also wrote a very moving eulogy. We will always be extremely grateful to the
management team and staff. I would have no hesitation in recommending Castle
Gardens.

How likely would you be to recommend Castle Gardens Care Home? Extremely Likely

My mum - who has advanced Alzheimer's even though she's only 73 - went to Castle Gardens last year initially for respite care but is now a permanent resident. My dad had cared for her at home for 10 years and was reluctant to ever consider a nursing home. However, after a series of falls, infections and hospital stays, the manager offered mum a place and we reluctantly agreed. Now, we can see that we weren't really coping and that it was the best decision.

Castle Gardens is really well managed, clean and comfortable, the staff are kind and caring, the food is fabulous and the garden is lovely. It's not too big and has a family feel. There are plenty of activities arranged for residents and they seem to have good relations with outside agencies like social workers and the GP surgeries. My mum has a quality of life now that she had lost when we struggling at home.
My mum was a nurse and we think she would have approved of Castle Gardens!

How likely would you be to recommend Castle Gardens Care Home? Extremely Likely

My mother, aged 95 with Alzheimers, was fortunate to take advantage of the respite facilities at Castle Gardens. The staff were always very kind and caring and showed concern for my mother's well-being.
Unfortunately, the respite service has been withdrawn - my mother is now awaiting the availability of residential care at Castle Gardens.

How likely would you be to recommend Castle Gardens Care Home? Likely

Have used Castle Gardens Care Home for the past year for respite for my husband who suffered a stroke. He enjoys every minute he spends there which is usually one weekend per month. It is always clean and fresh with a welcoming, friendly atmosphere. Staff are friendly and always greet us with a pleasant nature. Family and friends are able to visit any time and are always made to feel welcome. There is always a good choice of food and the cook is willing to make alternative choices to suit him.
His clothes are always washed and he comes home with no dirty washing which is a huge help to me.
Cannot fault this facility in any way.
He is happy there and I am happy to leave him there knowing he is being well looked after.
Hope to continue to use this facility as respite if at all possible.

How likely would you be to recommend Castle Gardens Care Home? Extremely Likely

In the short time my parents have been living here they have both improved in both physical health and contentment. We all find the atmosphere to be warm, welcoming and friendly while still providing the feel of a professional and well-managed facility.

How likely would you be to recommend Castle Gardens Care Home? Extremely Likely

Staff are very friendly and good care is provided, I don't have any issues.
The environment is comfortable.

How likely would you be to recommend Castle Gardens Care Home? Extremely Likely

My husband has frontal lobe dementia. His condition progressed very quickly from diagnosis 2 years ago. I was lucky to get him placed at Castle Gardens Care Home as it was my first choice. I knew when I first visited that it was the home for him. He was cared for so very well by each and every member of staff, they all cared about him and made his last weeks comfortable and dignified. He was well fed and bathed regularly. The programme of events for birthdays etc was excellent. Sadly he died in May after a stay of only 2 months but he was treated with respect and loved and cared for well.

How likely would you be to recommend Castle Gardens Care Home? Extremely Likely

I am quite impressed with the nursing home, I am grateful for everything they have done for my sister and I think there is a big difference since she has been there.

How likely would you be to recommend Castle Gardens Care Home? Extremely Likely

My husband stayed at Castle Gardens for one week to allow me to have a break. The home is clearly very well run. The staff were unfailingly kind to my husband, myself and our son who visited. Although his memory is poor of his actual stay, my husband seemed perfectly happy and comfortable there. He ate well and appeared well rested and cared for on departure. I had been anxious about leaving him, but now feel confident that the exercise could be repeated. My thanks to all the staff.

How likely would you be to recommend Castle Gardens Care Home? Likely

Castle gardens are very friendly and welcoming.

Submit a Review for Castle Gardens Care Home

posted 16 Apr 2018

Please contact us for information regarding our bed availability

Lorna

Lorna McLeod

Joined: 1997

As a Registered Nurse, Lorna has vast experience in providing care and support to people, to enrich their lives. She is a knowledgeable and dedicated leader who is passionate about delivering the highest standards in care and quality of life for Residents.

Having worked at Castle Gardens for nearly 20 years, Lorna shares HC-One’s vision in aiming to provide the kindest care for each and every Resident. She extends this caring approach to her colleagues and works closely with them to deliver care and support to Residents in a way that they gain the most benefit, in a warm and welcoming home.

She also works hard to arrange events and activities with nearby schools and clubs and is always keen to include the local community in life at Castle Gardens.

When asked what she enjoys most about her role, Lorna remarked: “I love working as part of the team here; they are a joy to work with.”

Away from work, Lorna enjoys listening to music, following Ross County FC and spending time with her three children.

If you would like to find out more information about Castle Gardens, Lorna has an ‘Open Door Policy’ and would be pleased to welcome you for an informal discussion.

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Castle Gardens Care Home