Baycroft Great Baddow, Chelmsford, Essex

Baycroft Great Baddow is a luxury 64-bed care home offering residential, nursing and dementia care near Chelmsford in Essex.

The home is focused on ensuring every detail is designed with older people's care needs in mind. As much thought has been put into the home's facilities and décor as the care itself. Facilities include a number of lounges, restaurants and terraces, a cafe, cinema, hair salon, spa treatment room, gym, activity room, library and a children's entertainment room.

Baycroft believes residents choose to stay at their care home because the environment is inviting and relaxing, and staff treat residents as they would like to be treated.

Group: One Housing Group

Person in charge: Christine Thomas (General Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Essex County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Voluntary / Not for Profit Owned , Registered for a maximum of 64 Service Users

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Mental Health Condition • Old Age • Physical Disability • Sensory Impairment • Younger Adults

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Parkinson's Disease • Stroke

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Day Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Own GP if required • Pets by arrangement • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Bar/Cafe on premises • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Baycroft Great Baddow: click here

posted 23 Jan 2018

Residential, Nursing and Dementia

8.4 Baycroft Great Baddow has a Review Score of 8.4 (8.363)

The Review Score of 8.4 (maximum of 10) for Baycroft Great Baddow is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.6 out of 5 from 3 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Baycroft Great Baddow in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 3.7 out of 5 from 3 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.629 for Baycroft Great Baddow is calculated as follows: ( (23 Excellents x 5) + (11 Goods x 4) + (1 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 35 Ratings = 4.629

The 3.734 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Baycroft Great Baddow is based on 3 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

1. 3 + 0.25 + 0.25 = 3.5

2. Target of 12.8 positive Reviews (64 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 3 Reviews ÷ 12.8 Target = 0.234

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Baycroft Great Baddow?

Reviewer Connection to Baycroft Great Baddow

Very pleased with the care nothing seems too much trouble and everyone very friendly, hope that this will continue as more people come in and that the standard of care will not be affected.

Beautifully decorated and superb amenities.

Food is very good.

How likely would you be to recommend Baycroft Great Baddow? Extremely Likely

Wendy Twydell, Customer Relationship Manager at Baycroft Great Baddow responded to this review on 02 Feb 2018:

We at Baycroft would like to thank you for your kind comments and taking the time in completing the review for us, we will continue to give the utmost care to all of our residents.

Very pleasant, nothing too much trouble. Very helpful and caring. Made to feel most welcome.

How likely would you be to recommend Baycroft Great Baddow? Extremely Likely

Wendy Twydell, Customer Relationship Manager at Baycroft Great Baddow responded to this review on 29 Jan 2018:

We at Baycroft would like to thank you for completing one of the review cards and we very much enjoy you staying with us in Great Baddow.

This care home is brand new and has been finished to an extremely high standard. Everything is tastefully designed and colour schemes are beautiful. The staff are very friendly, welcoming very happy and can't do enough for you. My husband needs a hoist to be moved. The carers are all keen to help, answer quickly when he rings and are always suggesting ways to help his well being. The bedroom has a wet room a single bed with a special mattress, TV, door opening out to a veranda. Visitors are welcome at any time and may dine at a modest cost. There are beautiful lounges, dining rooms, library, cinema, gym. hairdresser. crafts and indoor play area for young visitors. This is like a five-star hotel and I would have no hesitation in recommending this to anyone.

Submit a Review for Baycroft Great Baddow

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Baycroft Great Baddow

Christine

Christine Thomas

Joined: 2017

My name is Christine Thomas and I am the General Manager of Baycroft, Great Baddow.

I have worked in the caring and nursing sector for over 35 years and have gained a vast amount of experience in the private and NHS sector, starting as a hospital discharge coordinator, reablement manager then went on to become an auxiliary nurse, moving into the Care Sector as Deputy Manager and General Manager .

I am very excited to be part of Baycroft to deliver outstanding care within this new home in Great Baddow offering a high standard of quality to our local residents within the community.

Our aim at Baycroft is to ensure the highest quality of care, Luxury lifestyle and a Lifestyle of choice is given to all of our residents .

I welcome you into our home and to meet you in person.

Nicoleta

Nicoleta Cristescu

Job Title: Care Service Manager

Joined: 2017

My name is Nicoleta and I am the Care Service Manager at Baycroft in Great Baddow.

I have been in the care and nursing sector for many years as a head of community, staff nurse and now fulfilling my career with working and supporting the general manager.

My role is to assist and manage the staff nurses and carers to provide individual care that meets the needs of those we care for.

I feel very privilege to be a part of this exciting new home with a team that provided excellent quality care.

Wendy

Wendy Twydell

Job Title: Customer Relationship Manager

Joined: 2018

Wendy Twydell
Customer Relationship Manager.
Making the decision to find care for an elderly family member or a friend is often emotional and unsettling. You need to feel confident that they will be comfortable and well cared for and my role as Customer Relationship Manager is to give you all the information and guidance you require to ensure you make an informed decision.

Working closely with families to understand their needs and the type of care they require, I will be able to offer advice on the services offered together with the facilities depending on health requirements together with financial commitments, to ensure a smooth and happy transition for all involved.

I would be delighted to welcome you for a visit and answer any questions you may have

Amie

Amie Coote

Job Title: Home Administrator

Joined: 2017

My name is Amie Coote, I am the Home Administrator for Baycroft.

I have worked in the care sector for a few years now and have very much enjoyed working in this sector, bringing to the home experience and knowledge of my role.

I am very excited in joining a wonderful team and to work in such a beautiful place, but most of all getting to know the residents of Baycroft

Joanne

Joanne Owens

Job Title: Head Receptionist

Joined: 2018

Hello, My name is Joanne Owens,

I joined Baycroft, Great Baddow this year as a Receptionist and Senior Carer. I have many years experience as a carer and now I’m expanding my knowledge working in 'front of house' where I can help both carers and the residents of this new home for residents to settle in. I am very organised and conscientious person and loves to work in the care sector environment.

Working in previous care home groups I bring a wealth of experience and knowledge.
I am very privileged to be working for Baycroft and look forward to making this home a success .

Adam

Adam Broadway

Job Title: Head Chef

Joined: 2017

Adam Broadway – Head Chef, Baycroft, Great Baddow.

My love of food began at a young age, my Mother is a caterer and watching her in the kitchen inspired me.

My career began working as a Commis Chef at a Bar/Restaurant in Leigh on Sea, working my way up to Chef de Partie. It was here, the Head Chef, previously of Harvey Nichols, taught me my creative passion.

I then moved to a Golf and Country Club catering for Weddings whilst serving the bars and restaurant. Here I was lucky to work with a Head Chef formerly awarded a Red M in the Michelin Guide. He educated me to be inspired and excited by the prospect of food and its multitude of possibilities.

Moving into care homes I became the youngest Catering Manager working for Compass Group. After 15 years in this field, I felt inspired by the vision of Baycroft, raising the standards in care.
Baycroft allow me to be creative, I am excited to deliver restaurant standard food, using locally sourced produce, meeting with our residents to ensure their needs are always met.

Andrew

Andrew Aldus

Job Title: Sous Chef

Joined: 2017

My Name is Andrew Aldus, I am sous chef here at Baycroft.

I found my calling to cuisine at the age of 17, this was when I got my first job in a care home setting and I have never looked back, The best decision I made with my career.

I started at the bottom and worked my way up in all aspects of the kitchen, this has now given me over 18 years worth of experience that I can share with you all today.

I feel I can bring creative and flavoursome dishes to our residents and I am a strong believer the most flavourful cuisine is made simply with high quality products and a passion for food
I continue to train as I work to keep what I produce to the highest standard

I am very excited about embarking on this new adventure with Baycroft and I am sure the team we have, will provide the best possible living experience for all of our residents

Jenny

Jenny White

Joined: 2017

I Qualified as RMN in September 2014, working in inpatient mental health services for older adults for 3 years as my first staff nurse position. Now working at Baycroft as I wanted to move away from inpatient services and have more direct input in people’s care and be more “hands on” as well as continue my clinical skills being a nurse involves.

I have worked in care and health services for nearly 10 years since starting work as a carer at age 16. I honestly love my job and don’t see it that way, it is another home away from home? I do what I love best = care.

I am very lucky to be given this opportunity to be working in a such a lovely home and with the support of my wonderful new family here at Baycroft

Valerie

Valerie Howard-Simpson

Joined: 2017

I feel I am a caring and compassionate person, who wanted to be a nurse from as far back as I can remember. I practised my bandaging skills on my pet bunny, dolls, or anyone that volunteered to be ill.

I qualified as a nurse over 2 decades ago and went on to specialise in neurology/neurosurgery. I become proficient in my critical care skills over the years working in Intensive Care, and managing a High Dependency Unit. Need for a change and wanting to spend more quality time getting to know my patients became my priority.

I have regularly nursed the elders of our generation in a surgical capacity, without the benefit of getting to know them personally. Now at Baycroft I have the luxury of getting to know and care for our residents on a personal level. I aim to ensure whilst staying with us, they feel safe, their individual needs are recognised and their unique requirements are met with respect, dignity and above all, care.

Valerie

Valerie Howard-Simpson

Morag

Morag MacDonald

Job Title: Staff Nurse

Joined: 2017

Morag MacDonald is originally from Fife, Scotland and started work with Baycroft in Dec 2017.

I graduated with a BSc (Hons) Adult Nursing from Anglia Ruskin University in Chelmsford., I have over 15yrs experience working in palliative care with Marie Curie Cancer Care and within St Luke’s Hospice at Home Team and at St Michaels Hospice.

I have previously worked in a private nursing home as a Staff Nurse caring for patients with dementia and have worked for the NHS as a Community Nurse and have a keen interest in wound care. Prior to starting my nursing career, I was a Sheltered Housing Manager for Chelmsford Housing Partnership.

“I am passionate about holistic care and if I can make a difference to the lives of people as a nurse, then I am incredibly privileged.

Claire

Claire Jeffries

Job Title: Activities Co-ordinator

Joined: 2017

I joined Baycroft Great Baddow in December 2017, having spent 10 years working in a Secondary School within the Special Educational Needs Department. Having had a Secretarial/Personal Assistant background, I am used to organising people, diaries and events. When I found out about this position I knew immediately that it would be just up my street. I enjoy talking to people, getting to know them, playing games and generally coming to work to have fun! It’s more than that though. Having seen so many of my family members in homes up and down the country and in their own homes too, just becoming so bored, sitting in an armchair with very little to do, it breaks my heart. So here at Baycroft, I want to make it fun, enjoyable and ensure that I listen to the residents and find out their likes and dislikes. I can then factor this into the Activities that we do, so that everyone will find something that they would like to get involved in. Starting a new hobby perhaps, revisiting an old one or going out and about and meeting new people.

What is evident from starting at a brand new care home, is the team I will be working with. Everyone is so passionate about their role. Care is paramount here and we are all excited about the future and our residents new home. If you are passing, please come in and look for yourself. Say hello and stop for coffee. We are proud of Baycroft Great Baddow and want our residents to be too.

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Baycroft Great Baddow