Woodcot Lodge Care Home, Gosport, Hampshire

Woodcot Lodge Care Home is a modern and purpose-built facility constructed to provide an effective day-to-day care environment for a number of care needs.

As well as nursing and respite care, Woodcot Lodge staff are also skilled in looking after individuals with dementia and some with physical disabilities.

A spacious environment, residents have control over their daily activities and can choose to relax in landscaped gardens, to choose items, including audio books, from the library bus, or to take part in group activities and reminiscence therapy.

Group: Four Seasons Health Care

Local Authority / Social Services: Hampshire County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 85 Service Users

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Old Age • Younger Adults

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Smoking not permitted • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Woodcot Lodge Care Home: click here

8.7 Woodcot Lodge Care Home has a Review Score of 8.7 (8.675)

The Review Score of 8.7 (maximum of 10) for Woodcot Lodge Care Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.7 out of 5 from 21 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Woodcot Lodge Care Home in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 4.0 out of 5 from 4 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.69 for Woodcot Lodge Care Home is calculated as follows: ( (180 Excellents x 5) + (59 Goods x 4) + (9 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 248 Ratings = 4.69

The 3.985 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Woodcot Lodge Care Home is based on 4 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

1. 3 + 0.25 + 0.25 + 0.25 = 3.75

2. Target of 17 positive Reviews (85 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 4 Reviews ÷ 17 Target = 0.235

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Woodcot Lodge Care Home?

Reviewer Connection to Woodcot Lodge Care Home

• Brother-in-law of Resident/Service User

I have visited my mother regularly for five years and have always found all the staff on the ground floor very helpful, caring and sometimes going that "extra mile". The cleanliness is very good and even the laundry ladies are very friendly and helpful. It is a shame that seven different managers have been there as it would be better to have a permanent one that we can relate to. Sometimes the staff (carers) are short staffed but apparently, this is being attended to now. I am more than happy with my mothers care and safety. Apart from a couple of minor blips, I would recommend Woodcot Lodge wholeheartedly for their overall performance.

How likely would you be to recommend Woodcot Lodge Care Home? Extremely Likely

The staff, carers and nursing staff are excellent, always prepared to give time to listen and put things right should there be a problem. The care home is always clean and bright and all the residents have well looked after. There is a beautiful garden for residents and family to sit.
I would definitely recommend this care home.
They have been short-staffed of late but the carers still smile even though they are overstretched.

How likely would you be to recommend Woodcot Lodge Care Home? Likely

Mum passed away at Woodcot Lodge on Saturday 25th February 2017.
I cannot thank the staff enough for the kindness, care and consideration that she has been shown since moving to Woodcot Lodge in March 2016.
A dementia sufferer, Mum has always been treated with dignity and respect.
In these last few weeks as she has become less responsive and clearly unwell she has been given the highest possible level of medical and practical care, with staff making sure someone was with her as often as possible.
Mum has been extremely happy at Woodcot Lodge and died surrounded by people she loved and who clearly loved her.
We, her family, have been so well supported too.
We couldn't have asked for more.

How likely would you be to recommend Woodcot Lodge Care Home? Extremely Likely

My mother suffered from an infection this month and I would like to praise the staff for their excellent care during this time. The doctor was called in a timely fashion ensuring mum got the antibiotics she needed.
Staff were kind and considerate to my mum and adapted their care to meet her needs. They kept the family informed and were keen to allow us to visit at any time. We were made to feel part of the team and that they were an extension of our family.

How likely would you be to recommend Woodcot Lodge Care Home? Extremely Likely

My mother was a resident at Woodcot Lodge for the last seven years. In that time the staff have changed considerably but I consider the current group of carers to be the best there has been. They are very professional in their work, showing the residents great respect, care and support. This often goes beyond their job requirements and is done with a true show of affection. This was demonstrated recently when my mother passed away, at least three of the carers who were off duty immediately came back into the home to pay their last respects.

How likely would you be to recommend Woodcot Lodge Care Home? Extremely Likely

All staff at Woodcot Lodge have shown care, compassion, and consideration to enable my mother to experience a smooth transition from her own retirement flat to Woodcot Lodge care home. This also helped me and my wife to ensure that my mother had a stress free move, and we couldn't be happier with the help and care that is required for my mother to have a good sound quality of life. A big thank you to all the team at Woodcot Lodge.

How likely would you be to recommend Woodcot Lodge Care Home? Extremely Likely

My mother has been a resident in Woodcot Court for approximately 3 years, and during this time I have had no worries or anxiety over my mums care. She is looked after in every way as I would like to be looked after myself.
The staff are outstanding in every way and show my mum the dignity that at the age of 97 she deserves. I am constantly informed of any changes in mum's condition and any little problems are dealt with sympathetically and promptly. Well done all the staff in this lovely home!

How likely would you be to recommend Woodcot Lodge Care Home? Extremely Likely

Woodcot Lodge is a lovely friendly home. I'm really pleased that my mum is living there as she gets on well with all of the staff. The receptionist does a wonderful job, always cheerful and very helpful. The care my mum receives is excellent and family are always made welcome and tea or coffee always offered which puts mum at ease as she would always make it for us when we would visit her at home.

How likely would you be to recommend Woodcot Lodge Care Home? Extremely Likely

My wife is in her seventh year in the care of Woodcot Lodge.
I visit most days, mainly evenings and generally speaking and pleased with the care my wife receives. She is confined to her bed and turned every hour. Getting my wife to eat and drink tends to be quite a challenge for all of us, but we do our best. The carers do their utmost to keep my wife comfortable and happy, and I find this reassuring.

How likely would you be to recommend Woodcot Lodge Care Home? Likely

Mum is very happy in Woodcot Lodge. The staff are very friendly, responsive and caring. She has been allowed personal items of furniture in her room which helps with the transition from her home of 62 years. The food is always of a good quality and served in pleasant surroundings. All in all her experience of her last 3 months here have been all good . "I can have what I want, when I want. I only have to ask." Enough said.

How likely would you be to recommend Woodcot Lodge Care Home? Likely

Our parents moved into Woodcot Lodge four years ago as emergency admissions suffering from Alzheimer's and dementia. We have nothing but praise and admiration for the staff who looked after them, and continue to look after our dad with the passing of our mum in 2014. The support and help we received from the staff at that terrible difficult time was wonderful. We have looked at several other homes in the area and near where we live and we know we were so lucky that our parents went to Woodcot Lodge. The love and care which the staff give is exemplary.

How likely would you be to recommend Woodcot Lodge Care Home? Extremely Likely

Plenty of care staff and nurses at all times all of which are friendly and caring. Clean at all times with cleaners busy and happy. Nice meals with plenty of choices. Activities available with a wide range of choices delivered by friendly staff. Rooms like little flats. Excellent standard throughout.

How likely would you be to recommend Woodcot Lodge Care Home? Extremely Likely

More than pleased with the way the home is conducted, staff always helpful and all carers go that little extra but beyond the call of duty. An incident occurred with my other last year and an investigation was dealt with fairly and very professional and all came to helpful agreement, and much appreciated. My mother is 97 and lived her for four years and is very happy as are we for the care taken to make her that way.

How likely would you be to recommend Woodcot Lodge Care Home? Extremely Likely

Four years plus I've been more than happy in all the time nothing really has changed. I visit my wife of 48 years 4/5 days a week and I find it always clean and tidy. Just sad to be using it.

How likely would you be to recommend Woodcot Lodge Care Home? Extremely Likely

My mum has been in Woodcot Lodge for nearly 1 year. The change in her in that time is brilliant, she is more communicative, eating more and very settled now. The original transition was an upheaval for all but the care and support we all got from Woodcot at that difficult time was wonderful. The staff treat her like their own mums so she feels part of a very big family every day. The food is excellent and I can say that from experience because I have tried it. The ambiance of the facility has a calming feel and there are daily activities if the residence choose to join in, this can be something like making things or having a sing song.
I would recommend this Care Home to anyone, they are certainly taking very good care of my mum.

How likely would you be to recommend Woodcot Lodge Care Home? Extremely Likely

My Dad has been at Woodcot Lodge now for 14 months the care he has received in that time has been fantastic, As a family we cannot thank the Managers, staff, everyone involved in the day to day running of Woodcot lodge enough, they have regular social entertainment activities which I feel extremely proud to be involved with as I regularly go in from time to time and sing a selection of 50s and 60s songs, the entire staff, social activities team, nursing, carers we feel as a family they are all very hands on with everyone's care and needs, I never feel a need to worry about dad its his home and mum and the whole family are always impressed by the cleanliness of Woodcot lodge. Our family want to thank them for all the do and continue to do in the future.

How likely would you be to recommend Woodcot Lodge Care Home? Extremely Likely

Modern care home with nice residents rooms with on suite toilet and shower, Television provided in residents room. Found the staff helpful, caring and attentive to any little quirks my wife might have. Three excellent meals a day with drinks and cakes available if wanted in between meals. Excellent activities team providing bingo, arts and crafts , quizzes, local singers and choral groups. My wife absolutely loves it there.

How likely would you be to recommend Woodcot Lodge Care Home? Extremely Likely

If you need care this is the place to be although I would rather my brother was not in need of it, the reality is he does, I am content that he is being looked after to a high standard and that a doctor is readily available. My personal dilemma is that I live in the North East and can't visit enough.

How likely would you be to recommend Woodcot Lodge Care Home? Extremely Likely

Well run nice place. Good staff.

How likely would you be to recommend Woodcot Lodge Care Home? Extremely Likely

Throughout August, July and September mums been poorly with a urine infection and the carers have been excellent in providing the correct medication, care and compassion to mum, they have called me at home to advise me of on going care, also they are all very patient with her should she have any concerns out of daylight hours. The care she receives here at the lodge is first class and I would recommend to anyone. Mum is also partially sighted with other on going health issues.

How likely would you be to recommend Woodcot Lodge Care Home? Extremely Likely

My Uncle was resident on the Residential Dementia floor for several years until he passed. The staff showed compassion at all times and listened to any concerns. The home is very welcoming from the moment you walk in.

Submit a Review for Woodcot Lodge Care Home

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Woodcot Lodge Care Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Woodcot Lodge Care Home