Beaumont Hall

120 Beamont Leys Lane, Leicester LE4 2BD

Beaumont Hall is a residential and dementia care home in Leicester.
Built with the care of its residents in mind, each room is en-suite with a shower, TV, DVD player, mini fridge and telephone point.

All staff are experienced, highly trained carers, who get to know the individual, enabling them to provide personalised care in a safe and supportive environment.

Everything done at Beaumont Hall is focused on creating a great place to live. From the quality locally-sourced food provided at every meal time to the daily range of activities, Beaumont Hall is proud to offer an active lifestyle that meets a range of interests and preferences.

Group: Ideal Carehomes Ltd

Person in charge: Kerri Simpson (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Leicester City Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 60 Service Users

Facilities & Services: Separate Dementia Care Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Bar/Cafe on premises • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Beaumont Hall is located on Beaumont Leys Lane. Close to St Patrick's Church and are on the site of the Beaumont Leys Public House.

Beaumont Hall is situated close to local services and amenities including:

Leicester City Centre is located 3 miles away.
Nearest hospital is Leicester Royal Infirmary 2.5 miles away.
Leicester Train station is located 3 miles away.
St Margaret's Bus Station in Leicester is located just under 2 miles away.

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Beaumont Hall: click here

The Review Score of 8.8 (maximum of 10) for Beaumont Hall is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.3 out of 5 from 30 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Beaumont Hall in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 4.5 out of 5 from 6 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.325 for Beaumont Hall is calculated as follows: ( (176 Excellents x 5) + (133 Goods x 4) + (38 Satisfactorys x 3) + (8 Poors x 2) + (2 Very Poors x 1) ) ÷ 357 Ratings = 4.325

The 4.5 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Beaumont Hall is based on 6 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 12 positive Reviews (60 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 6 Reviews ÷ 12 Target = 0.500

8.8 Beaumont Hall has a Review Score of 8.8 (8.825) from 30 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Beaumont Hall?

Reviewer Connection to Beaumont Hall

• Nephew of Resident/Service User

My mum was at this home for about 2 years. I always found the staff very polite and helpful. If you wanted to know anything they would also be helpful and find out the answer to your questions. My mum passed away on February 26th of this year. I don't think if the family had paid for private care my mum couldn't have been looked after better.

The manager and her team were asking us if we needed anything over the last week mum was alive. Her carer was outstanding so was the cleaning lady.

How likely would you be to recommend Beaumont Hall? Extremely Likely

My mother became very unwell and the doctor put her on 'end of life', the care we as a family received from the carers at this home, my mothers home, was amazing and went far beyond the care we expected. They were very kind, caring and made sure the nurses were called on time, so my mother suffered as little as possible. The manager was outstanding. The kitchen staff kept coming with teas, coffees and sandwiches.

How likely would you be to recommend Beaumont Hall? Extremely Likely

I am currently pleased with the care received at Beaumont Hall, I am kept informed of what is going on, the place is welcoming and the staff, accommodation and food is excellent.

How likely would you be to recommend Beaumont Hall? Extremely Likely

My mother and I rode out the turbulent times of 2015-16 and now are glad we did, thanks to the new management and staff, my mother has a home from home which is what she deserves at 97! She enjoys being cared for and waited on with entertainment or being left alone whenever she feels like, it's comforting to know she's happy. Long may it continue.

How likely would you be to recommend Beaumont Hall? Extremely Likely

My father moved into Beaumont Hall in January 2014 and was joined by my mother one month later. The consensus of opinion was that because of their different needs, they should reside on different floors with the staff facilitating a daily meeting until my mother's death on July 2016. My aim is to visit every day when possible and I am therefore able to observe the care given to my parent/s and the other residents plus the condition and the ambience of the home.
During the last three and a half years, the home has been through turbulent times with five managerial changes and a concerning number of staff changes, but the standard of care received by both of my parents has remained excellent. Their physical needs have been met with wonderful food, sensitive, dignified personal care within a warm, clean, spacious environment with modern interior design. Special mention has to be made for the care of my father - the compassion and love he received from the staff as his dementia worsens is exemplary and has occasionally reduced me to tears.
I do hope that with the appointment of the two new managers and the welcoming, exuberant new Front of House, Beaumont Hall is set for a period of stability and success.

How likely would you be to recommend Beaumont Hall? Extremely Likely

Having a family member as a resident at Beaumont Hall is all we could ask for. Caring for our loved one is so special and when you see the person happy, content and especially safe, then there is a peace of mind that you cannot put into words.

How likely would you be to recommend Beaumont Hall? Extremely Likely

there is always a great friendly welcome on reception from the team. The atmosphere is wonderful, there is always something going on. Nothing is too much trouble for the staff.
I have just been to the Christmas fayre - which was lovely - many of the gifts had been wrapped by the residents. everyone was involved. Beaumont Hall is an amazing lively place and beautifully maintained. I would recommend this place to family and friends.

How likely would you be to recommend Beaumont Hall? Extremely Likely

I am looking at homes for my mother-in-law. We have seen many in Leicester and we were welcomed into the home and shown a lovely well-constructed home. Staff were so helpful. The manager understood what a hard decision it was for us to find the best home. No question was unanswered and it was not rushed at all. We went into the lounge on the 1st floor and the music and laughter was amazing. The rooms were great and all with ensuite. We have found the home we want at Beaumont Hall.

How likely would you be to recommend Beaumont Hall? Extremely Likely

Visiting my wife in the Beaumont Hall. She has only been in for 16 days on a respite at the moment with a possible time of four weeks. Up to now, I have found the home very good, nice facilities and nice staff. Food is good and my wife seems happy there. She has improved there and seems more composed.

How likely would you be to recommend Beaumont Hall? Extremely Likely

My dad has only been in the home for two weeks yet I cannot praise the management and staff enough for all their care and support to both myself and my dad. The home is outstanding in every way, the staff, rooms, lounges and common areas are excellent. Everyone is so friendly and helpful nothing is too much trouble from the lady on reception to the maintenance man. If you are looking for a care home, this one will take a lot of beating and is value for money. I would strongly recommend to any prospective relations. Thank, you Beaumont.

How likely would you be to recommend Beaumont Hall? Extremely Likely

My mother has been a resident at Beaumont Hall for nearly two years, having moved from another residential home. Whilst some aspects of this home are better e.g main living room, never left without staff for more than a few moments. There are still concerns about staff numbers particularly re-toileting frequency and requests made about medical appointments not followed up. On the other hand, the staff on duty even when stretched are very pleasant and diligent and have never treated any of the residents harshly or without dignity, even under trying circumstances! We are not satisfied with communication procedures with us as a family, and after two years we still don't know much about routines, how to get help etc and we haven't been introduced to the latest manager.

How likely would you be to recommend Beaumont Hall? Extremely Likely

Helen Chermside, Customer Service Executive at Beaumont Hall responded to this review on 06 Oct 2016:

Thank you for taking the time to review Beaumont Hall. Ideal Carehomes appreciates all feedback about our homes and following your review, we have been in touch with the team at Beaumont Hall regarding your concerns and they will be in contact with you directly to ensure these are resolved fully. If you would like to discuss this matter further, please feel free to contact our Customer Services team on 0113 385 3570.

Beaumont Hall is a nice looking care home but seems to be under-staffed. The majority of staff complete their tasks with care and compassion. I do think that due to staffing levels, sufficient checks are not maintained. I understand that the home is a business but care costs should never compromise residents safety. With the correct processes and staffing levels, it could be a good care home but a lot more work is required.

How likely would you be to recommend Beaumont Hall? Extremely Unlikely

Helen Chermside, Customer Service Executive at Beaumont Hall responded to this review on 26 Sep 2016:

Thank you for taking the time to review Beaumont Hall. Ideal Carehomes appreciates all feedback about our homes. Our team at Beaumont Hall are already liaising with you directly. If you want to discuss this matter further, please feel free to contact our Customer Services team on 0113 385 3570.

Beaumont Hall environment is top class, the building structure is an excellent layout on 3 floors. Care staff turnover too high, experience too reliant on floor seniors.
Care plan and records excellent but needs more seniors, 2 per floor is not enough. The budget needs to be reviewed by directors care staff very good. Communications need improvement, seniors time needs analysis on the time spent on clerical work.

How likely would you be to recommend Beaumont Hall? Likely

Helen Chermside, Customer Service Executive at Beaumont Hall responded to this review on 06 Sep 2016:

Thank you for taking the time to review Beaumont Hall and for your kind comments about our care staff and the environment in the home. Ideal Carehomes appreciates all feedback about our homes and following your review, we have been in touch with the Home Manager regarding your concerns. She will contact you directly to discuss, the points you have raised. If you would like to discuss this matter further, please feel free to contact our Customer Services team on 0113 385 3570.

Home is looking rather dirty and not looked after. Staff are always stressed and residents never look happy. I think there is poor motivation and any new staff never seem to stay very long.

How likely would you be to recommend Beaumont Hall? Unlikely

Helen Chermside, Customer Service Executive at Beaumont Hall responded to this review on 20 Oct 2016:

Thank you for taking the time to review Beaumont Hall. Ideal Carehomes appreciates all feedback about our homes. Since this review was submitted, we have a new Home Manager in the post and there have been many positive changes in the home. However, we have requested our team contact you directly to discuss any concerns you may still have. In the meantime, if you would like to discuss this matter further, please feel free to contact our Customer Services team on 0113 385 3570.

Communication to family awful!
Care staff are good with residents.
Not enough care staff at any one time, very sparse!
Food is excellent.
Laundry service is good.
Have to keep chasing re-appointments ie. opticians, dentist etc.
Rooms are nice and comfortable.
Had to request a meeting with the home manager to sort out issues we were unhappy with. She made a promise to provide us with a letter, I have chased three times now and I am still waiting! Not good customer service.

How likely would you be to recommend Beaumont Hall? Neither Unlikely or Likely

Helen Chermside, Customer Service Executive at Beaumont Hall responded to this review on 30 Aug 2016:

Thank you for taking the time to review Beaumont Hall and for your kind comments about our care staff and the catering in our care home. Ideal Carehomes appreciates all feedback about our homes and following your review, we have been in touch with the Home Manager to discuss the points you have raised to ensure they are resolved fully. Our home manager will be in contact with you directly. If you would like to discuss this matter further, please feel free to contact our Customer Services team on 0113 385 3570.

How likely would you be to recommend Beaumont Hall? Extremely Likely

My auntie is relatively new to this home, being there since January 2016, I can soo changes are being made by the new management team and they are sweeping changes not only in staff but in the whole appearance of the home. I don't personally have any criticisms of the way the home is run, but will still monitor my aunties welfare, which at the moment is good.

How likely would you be to recommend Beaumont Hall? Likely

Really pleased with the care.

How likely would you be to recommend Beaumont Hall? Extremely Likely

My husband is well looked after and very happy staff are lovely. It's a beautiful home.

How likely would you be to recommend Beaumont Hall? Extremely Likely

Staff treat my mum with dignity and care and try to build positive relationships. Cleaning and laundry staff are helpful and considerate. There are times when shortage of staff have left my mum feeling unsafe, she can wait a long time (30 mins) to be helped to a commode so wets herself and she may not have anyone to walk with her as her physiotherapist recommends to keep her strong otherwise she will end up unable to walk and stand (an arrangement agreed by the home manager and on her care plan.)
The tea time food is very limited (soup - which is unappetising, sandwiches and sometimes a hot option.) A wider variety is needed eg. more items on toast. Prescriptions take too long to get to residents: 2-3 days. They need to be electronic as residents condition can deteriorate very fast so this is unacceptable.

How likely would you be to recommend Beaumont Hall? Likely

Helen Chermside, Customer Service Executive at Beaumont Hall responded to this review on 26 May 2016:

Thank you for taking the time to review Beaumont Hall and we are pleased that you are happy your mother is treated with dignity and care. Ideal Carehomes appreciates all feedback about our homes and following your review, we have been in touch with the Home Manager to discuss the points you have raised. The team at Beaumont Hall will contact you directly to discuss your concerns with you. If you would like to discuss this matter further, please feel free to contact our Customer Services team on 0113 385 3570.

Staff and management are very friendly and always listen to any concerns we have about mum.
Know there have been staffing changes.. overall things have worked well but sometimes there still seems to be not enough staff on the floor so residents needs can't be met.
Generally food is very good.. but the teatime menu is a bit limited.. could a bit more variety be added not sandwiches and soup so much.. also the soup can be a bit tasteless.
Activities are good but would help for mum to have a few more in the afternoon that she had the choice to go to.
Overall this is a very good care home.. after some settling in time and health issues she has settled in well.

How likely would you be to recommend Beaumont Hall? Extremely Likely

Thank you for taking the time to review Beaumont Hall. We are pleased your Mother has settled in her new home, and you find our staff caring and supportive. Ideal Carehomes appreciates all feedback about our homes and following your review, we have been in touch with the Home Manager to discuss the points you have raised. The team at Beaumont Hall will be in contact with you to discuss these directly. If you would like to discuss this matter further, please feel free to contact our Customer Services team on 0113 385 3570.

The home is lovely, and we are very happy with the overall package. On our last visit the communal toilets were not clean, I also understand that there is a shortage of staff which will hopefully be put right in the future.

How likely would you be to recommend Beaumont Hall? Extremely Likely

Helen Chermside, Customer Service Executive at Beaumont Hall responded to this review on 13 Apr 2016:

Thank you for taking the time to review Beaumont Hall. We are pleased to hear that you are happy with the home and care provided. Ideal Carehomes appreciates all feedback about our homes and following your review, we have been in touch with the Home Manager to discuss the points you have raised. We can confirm the home is now fully staffed. If you would like to discuss this matter further, please feel free to contact our Customer Services team on 0113 385 3570.

There is a need for a gardener. The lack of care does not give a good impression. During this last year, agency staff have been extensive if used, which often results in confusion among the dementia patients who need stability and familiarity. The staff spend too much time on the care plans. There's is also need to be less repetitive and concise. Less time sitting writing means more time for talking to the residents. Reading care plans reveals a need for less waffle!!. Some residents demand attention continually and disturb others. The care is generally of a high standard. The manager and receptionist are both very helpful, cheerful and welcoming. They provide excellent activities at all levels and stimulating entrance displays.

How likely would you be to recommend Beaumont Hall? Extremely Likely

Helen Chermside, Customer Service Executive at Beaumont Hall responded to this review on 15 Jan 2016:

Thank you for taking the time to review Beaumont Hall and bringing these matters to our attention. Ideal Carehomes appreciates all feedback about our homes and following your review, we have been in touch with the home's Regional Director to discuss the points you have raised and ensure they are resolved fully. We have recently amended our process for completing care plans in the Home to ensure that it does not distract from time with residents. We apologise that your experience has not met the high standards we set for ourselves on this occasion. If you would like to discuss this matter further, please feel free to contact our Customer Services team on 0113 385 3570.

When we visit grandad, the staff are always friendly and helpful. It's like visiting grandad in his own home, as the atmosphere is homely and relaxed. Most importantly grandad cannot speak highly enough of the staff and has a been a lot happier since he moved in over 2 years ago.

How likely would you be to recommend Beaumont Hall? Extremely Likely

Very welcoming, bright and cosy. Plenty of space and activities for residents. Staff are very nice and friendly. Nice shop and facilities.

How likely would you be to recommend Beaumont Hall? Extremely Likely

Excellent care from all staff. Very well organised and efficient in a caring way so that visitors feel their loved ones are well looked after.

How likely would you be to recommend Beaumont Hall? Extremely Likely

My mum has been here for 1 month and I cannot believe the difference in her. She looks very healthy, she is very happy and well looked after. Nothing is too much trouble for the staff or managers, they are all friendly and welcoming, they are all very professional in their job roles and understand the needs of each service user. They have lots of entertainment on, which the service users enjoy. They encourage the interaction of service users, staff and family/visitors. Excellent home, a big weight off my shoulders knowing my mum it settled, safe and well. Can't thank the staff enough.

How likely would you be to recommend Beaumont Hall? Extremely Likely

My mum has been a resident for approximately 5 weeks, I can only say what a fantastic place Baumont Hall is. The staff members are so kind and caring, they always display a degree of dignity to the residents. The management have also made my mum and all the family so welcome and nothing is too much trouble.
I am amazed at the organisation of everything, the activities that are arranged to encourage the residents to take part. I can only praise all the staff and management for making my life so much more easier knowing my mum is being cared for and looked after so well. I have never seen her smile to much in ages. Although my mum has dementia, she is so happy and has so much company. Thank you for this very special home.

How likely would you be to recommend Beaumont Hall? Extremely Likely

Beaumont Hall is a newly built care home. It is bright, clean and has a very welcoming and comfortable environment. All the rooms are the same and though might seem small are perfectly adequate for one person's needs. Each resident is able to take a number of small personal items (nick-nacks, art work, photos, etc) including some furniture. There is a built in wardrobe with a small fridge, a desk with TV and DVD player and a phone point.
My mother went to live at Beaumont Hall last February 2015, transferring from another home.
She was made very welcome and every effort was made to help her settle in and feel at home.
Soon after moving in she had a few medical issues which were dealt with efficiently and with care, but since then she has been well.
She is very happy there and is always commenting on how lovely the staff are.
I have found all the staff to be helpful, especially the management team when she first joined the home, and now have no worries about her care, which is a great relief as I do not live close by. Also I found the fees to be very reasonable compared to other homes I had looked at.
I would highly recommend Beaumont Hall to anyone who is thinking of taking the difficult step of putting a parent into a care home.

How likely would you be to recommend Beaumont Hall? Extremely Likely

Happy here, safe and secure, caring staff.

Submit a Review for Beaumont Hall

Kerri

Kerri Simpson

Joined: 2017

"I am committed to delivering 5 star care to the residents at Beaumont Hall, giving them choice and independence."

Kerri joined Ideal Carehomes in May 2017 and has worked in the care sector for over 18 years, starting her career as a care assistant and progressing to Home Manager. Kerri is very passionate about delivering high quality care and making a real difference to the lives of residents living within her care. She has a great deal of experience and works towards extremely high standards at all times. She is committed to sharing her experience and knowledge with the staff team at Beaumont Hall and encourages and inspires them to provide the best person-centred care to our residents, enabling them to make aspirational lifestyle choices and be as independent as possible.

Kerri has an open door policy and welcomes feedback from visitors and residents alike. Why not stop for a cuppa and say hello to Kerri next time you are passing?

Allison

Allison Boyle

Job Title: Regional Director

Joined: 2016

“My aim is to make a real difference to the lives of our residents and provide them with independence, choice and dignity at all times”

Allison joined Ideal Carehomes in October 2016 and has worked within the care sector for over 30 years. As Regional Director, she oversees five homes within the Midlands area working with Home Managers to ensure our residents’ receive the best quality care. Allison can regularly be found at our homes, chatting with staff, residents and their families, building on the existing high standards with a continual programme of improvement. She is a great believer in person-centred care, and uses her excellent communication skills to cascade this ethos to the care teams within our homes, in turn creating caring and compassionate environments throughout.

Allison’s career as a nurse has underpinned her principles of exceptional care and she ensures her role revolves around this. She has also worked as a Home Manager for 12 years, before moving onto Regional Manager and Operations Director and therefore has all the tools required to lead our Midlands homes. Allison now oversees all aspects of compliance throughout our Midlands homes and she welcomes any feedback from staff, residents and relatives alike, so do not hesitate to contact her should you have a question.

Catherine

Catherine Goddard

Job Title: Regional Activities Executive

Joined: 2016

“I believe that activities can really make a difference to somebody’s life, and that is an amazing reason to get up and go into work each day.”

Catherine Goddard joined Ideal Carehomes in September 2016 and is Regional Activities Executive for the Midlands area. She covers five homes in this area and works closely with Ideal Carehomes’ other Regional Activities Executives.

Catherine started her journey in the care sector seven years ago, supporting people in their own homes. She moved to work within a residential care setting and found that she particularly enjoyed arranging activities for the residents, and seeing the benefit these can have. As Regional Activities Executive for Ideal Carehomes, Catherine works with Home Manager’s to oversee the various activities within each home. This can range from meaningful daily activities, regular pop-up restaurants and exciting trips out. All of which bring stimulating, purposeful, fun and creative things to do for our Midlands residents.

Catherine believes that activities are central to excellent care and even that they can bring families and loved ones together again, especially when dementia is involved. She is keen to try out new things and holds regular social committee meetings in each home to find out what the resident’s would like to do in the upcoming months.

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Beaumont Hall