The Lodge at Oakhill - Reablement, Physical Rehabilitation and Respite Lodge

College Park Drive, Westbury-on-Trym, Bristol BS10 7QD

The Lodge at Oakhill - Reablement, Physical Rehabilitation and Respite Lodge, Bristol, Bristol

The Lodge at Oakhill provides respite and rehabilitation care services for up to 14 people who require short-term care following an operation or stay in hospital before returning to their own home. The focus is on providing guests with a positive experience to enhance and accelerate their recovery. This is achieved through high quality care and leisure facilities offered at the home, not only for healthcare but also for therapy and hospitality.

Bedrooms at The Lodge at Oakhill are all en-suite and those on the first floor are accessible by both a lift and stairs. There is also a gym to aid physical rehabilitation as well as on-site physiotherapists and occupational therapists who provide those at The Lodge with intensive therapy. Guests are able to reacquaint themselves with basic living skills in the purpose-built kitchen.

Group: Cedar Care Homes

Person in charge: Mathan Balasubramaniyan (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Bristol City Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 14 Service Users

Registered Care Categories*: Mental Health Condition • Physical Disability • Sensory Impairment

Specialist Care Categories: Head/Brain Injury • Orthopaedic • Parkinson's Disease • Stroke

Languages Spoken by Staff (other than English): Bulgarian, Czech, Spanish; Castilian, Hindi, Lithuanian, Polish, Romanian

Weekly Charges Guide: (These prices are only a guideline, please contact The Lodge at Oakhill - Reablement, Physical Rehabilitation and Respite Lodge to find out the exact price for your requirements.) Nursing Care Single £1250 – £1550 (These prices are only a guideline, please contact The Lodge at Oakhill - Reablement, Physical Rehabilitation and Respite Lodge to find out the exact price for your requirements.)

Facilities & Services: Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Independent Living Training • Own GP if required • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Bar/Cafe on premises • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on The Lodge at Oakhill - Reablement, Physical Rehabilitation and Respite Lodge: click here

9.9 The Lodge at Oakhill - Reablement, Physical Rehabilitation and Respite Lodge has a Review Score of 9.9 (9.857)

The Review Score of 9.9 (maximum of 10) for The Lodge at Oakhill - Reablement, Physical Rehabilitation and Respite Lodge is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.9 out of 5 from 10 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for The Lodge at Oakhill - Reablement, Physical Rehabilitation and Respite Lodge in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 5 out of 5 from 10 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.857 for The Lodge at Oakhill - Reablement, Physical Rehabilitation and Respite Lodge is calculated as follows: ( (103 Excellents x 5) + (15 Goods x 4) + (1 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 119 Ratings = 4.857

The 5 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for The Lodge at Oakhill - Reablement, Physical Rehabilitation and Respite Lodge is based on 10 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 2.8 positive Reviews (14 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 10 Reviews ÷ 2.8 Target Reached = 1

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend The Lodge at Oakhill - Reablement, Physical Rehabilitation and Respite Lodge?

Reviewer Connection to The Lodge at Oakhill - Reablement, Physical Rehabilitation and Respite Lodge

• Godmother of Resident/Service User

When I arrived here in September 2017 from the hospital due to a fall and injuries. I had become very nervous and lost my confidence. With the help of the staff here, over a period of time, I regained my confidence. I received intensive physio which helped tremendously. Thank you all very much.

How likely would you be to recommend The Lodge at Oakhill - Reablement, Physical Rehabilitation and Respite Lodge? Extremely Likely

Excellent service!

I have been a guest in The Lodge for the past month, for rehabilitation after hip surgery. After my stay, there are no superlatives I can find that can come close to the more than excellent care that I have received. The staff are, bar none, the most professional and caring people I have come across in my past stays in hospital or other healthcare facilities in my 78 years. I would like to take this opportunity to express my gratitude to all of them, as I was unable to thank each one individually.

The care received is very good. Never any problems with staff.

How likely would you be to recommend The Lodge at Oakhill - Reablement, Physical Rehabilitation and Respite Lodge? Likely

Having seen my goddaughter in several rehabilitation care homes, The Lodge at Oakhill, Bristol is superlative.
If there were ten stars I would award them to:
The amazing, caring, wonderful, efficient staff - every single one of them.
The house, bedrooms and their d├ęcor, beautiful gardens.
Imaginative and delicious food (requests are welcomed).
Cheerful and homely furnishings and excellent cleanliness.
There is absolutely nothing I would change.
She was so happy and left with much-improved walking and balance and dexterity.
Excellent physiotherapists.

I really truly cannot speak highly enough of the care, attention, help and encouragement I received for my stay.
Every single staff member was kind, attentive and thoughtful, the food marvellous, the room was beautiful and the gardens too and everywhere was beautifully decorated and so clean. I wish I could have stayed and I have come home much stronger than when I arrived thanks to the great physio.

On my arrival I was welcomed by management and staff, who made me feel at home from the first day.
Nothing was too much trouble and I was waited on hand, foot and finger. The accommodation was wonderful and cleaned thoroughly, the food and all activities and the physio was very good. I have made many friends and I have progressed very well.
I came as a patient but leave as a friend.

My mother arrived at the lodge just over 4 weeks ago, very weak and in a wheelchair. She has received excellent care from all the staff, who are kind and considerate.
My mother is leaving to return to living independently in her own home which is an amazing outcome, and I believe as a direct result of excellent physiotherapy, occupational therapy and general care received.

Can't speak highly enough of the lodge. Nothing is too much trouble for the staff. They are very friendly and helpful and they do anything they can to encourage my mum to eat and drink. They are very attentive and try to involve her in activities. The medical care has been good too and when she ios well enough, they provide regular physiotherapy to try to rehabilitate her. The accommodation and food is like a five-star hotel.

I would like to start by thanking each and every one of the staff at the Lodge. Because of them, I am able to be sat here, at home, feeling a great sense of confidence, achievement and comfort. When admitted to the Lodge at Oakhill, I was anxious and sceptical of my therapy treatment, I certainly did not think I would be going home, however, the staff kept me motivated, positive and encouraged whilst treating me like a 5 star guest at a hotel!
The rehab staff tailored my therapy schedule to work around me with how I like to spend my days, and in my free time, the hospitality staff would bend their backs to ensure I felt pampered and looked after, they even ordered special stock for me as I have particular preferences with my diet. Saying that the menus had a wide variety of choices, and the family sized dining table helped me to make friends with other people who were going through similar therapy.
Overall, if I need my other hip done, the Lodge would be my first choice!

Submit a Review for The Lodge at Oakhill - Reablement, Physical Rehabilitation and Respite Lodge

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for The Lodge at Oakhill - Reablement, Physical Rehabilitation and Respite Lodge

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at The Lodge at Oakhill - Reablement, Physical Rehabilitation and Respite Lodge