Pine Martin Grange Care Home

Sandford Road, Sandford, Wareham BH20 7AJ

Pine Martin Grange, a Care Home with Nursing, offers homely comforts in a luxury setting. The ground floor is arranged for people with residential or nursing needs and the first floor is specifically designed to meet the needs of people with dementia.

Fees for the service are all-inclusive and cover everything from the free bar and private dining to use of the specialist gym and chauffeured car.

The home enables residents to live life as independently as possible with the reassurance that 24-hour care provision is close at hand when needed.

At Pine Martin Grange there is a whole home approach and 'going that extra mile' is all part of the service.

The environment encourages sociability with a number of lounges and a bar and bistro/Cafe offering refreshment to residents and their friends.

Residents can enjoy the peacefulness of the gardens, read quietly in the library or pay a visit to the beauty salon where they can enjoy being pampered by the hairdresser or beautician.

The home offers a full programme of activities and social events. A private car and driver are available for your use whether it's a trip to the quay or visiting a friend.

Residents are able to access the gym and the home offers instruction on how to make the most of your visits.

The home has an experienced head chef and varied menus cater for all tastes.

Visitors are encouraged and the hospitality is extended to family and friends. Evenings can be spent watching a movie in the cinema or enjoying a drink on one of the home's many terraces.

The home is visited on a weekly basis by a local GP and supported by the community nursing team.

Group: Mayflower Care Communities

Person in charge: Louise Hedley (Home Director)

Local Authority / Social Services: Dorset County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 64 Service Users

Weekly Charges Guide: Personal Care Single from £1200 Nursing Care Single from £1200 (These prices are only a guideline, please contact Pine Martin Grange Care Home to find out the exact price for your requirements.)

Our fees are all inclusive - they cover: care, food, alcohol, chauffeur driven car, private dining, café, gym, beauty salon, telephone, wifi and cinema.

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Day Care • Respite Care • Separate Dementia Care Unit • Own Furniture if required • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Bar/Cafe on premises • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

The home is very easy to find; it's on the main road through Sandford (the Sandford Road - A351) from Poole to Wareham. The home is clearly visible from the road (on the West side) and is on the site of the former Sandford Primary School.

Visitors are welcome to drop in any time.

There is parking on site for visitors and residents

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Pine Martin Grange Care Home: click here

The Review Score of 9.6 (maximum of 10) for Pine Martin Grange Care Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.8 out of 5 from 10 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Pine Martin Grange Care Home in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 4.8 out of 5 from 10 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.817 for Pine Martin Grange Care Home is calculated as follows: ( (100 Excellents x 5) + (18 Goods x 4) + (2 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 120 Ratings = 4.817

The 4.781 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Pine Martin Grange Care Home is based on 10 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 12.8 positive Reviews (64 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 10 Reviews ÷ 12.8 Target = 0.781

9.6 Pine Martin Grange Care Home has a Review Score of 9.6 (9.598) from 10 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Pine Martin Grange Care Home?

Reviewer Connection to Pine Martin Grange Care Home

I have only become a resident here since 23/02/2018. Suffice it to say I have had every help and care I require plus extra personal care such as hair, nails and dressings and medication.

How likely would you be to recommend Pine Martin Grange Care Home? Extremely Likely

During the last 10 years we had looked at many care homes with my mother but never found what she needed or was prepared to accept. As her needs changed we knew we had to find a home closer to us and near the sea with high standards of care. Finally at 94years old with mobility, eyesight and hearing difficulties mum agreed to move and from our point of view it was an enormous relief - 24-hour care, warm and safe, all on 1 level (no hated stairlifts!) plus some of her own pictures and furniture.
The level of care is wonderful and although we are only 15 minutes away the staff deal with everything so we can have quality time with mum, walking in the garden or visiting the beautiful countryside. PMG arrange many activities including visits to garden centres, cookery and gardening and much more plus events to celebrate Valentine’s Day, Easter, St Patrick’s day and so on....or residents can simply relax in the sitting rooms, library or their own room. There is even a gym and a cinema.

A beautiful care home in lovely grounds. Spacious rooms with access to a garden/patio area direct from the room. Rooms have modern wet room en-suites and are beautifully decorated. There are bathrooms with hoists, library, free bar, cinema room, gym and a private dining room for special occasions. Guests/friends can join residents for lunch etc with a choice of menu (always delicious) and drinks, free for all. There are free hairdressing and manicure/beauty treatments for residents, GP service and free chauffeur service. Lots of community activities with local residents/friends/children having regular activities within the home. Staff are very polite, helpful and knowledgeable. The ratio of staff to residents is excellent, well above other care home levels. There is a very caring attitude and residents are encouraged to enjoy life.This home is run on an all-inclusive or home from home approach. It is quite like a five-star hotel yet feels like you are at home. My Dad loves it there.

My mother had respite for two weeks she liked her stay.
The care home is new with everything you require. Staff friendly and helpful. I would recommend Pine Martin Grange Care Home.

How likely would you be to recommend Pine Martin Grange Care Home? Likely

Staff are friendly, we were looked after well. The food is excellent.

Excellent - fabulous! My mother in law is so very happy - no more to be said!

I moved my sister from a care home to be nearer to her family and friends. She was the very first resident in this new home. Her care from day one has been excellent. As her next of kin, I feel confident that I have made the best decision for my sister.
The team leaders and care staff have been of the best that I have experienced.

My mother commented that this is an exclusive five-star hotel for old people like her and she loves it! She feels she is, at last, getting the care, attention and cossetting someone of her advanced years deserves!
Since she has moved in she has put on weight, has started to smile and laugh again and talks to other residents.
I was a homecarer for both parents for 15 years and a daily visitor at a residential facility for three years. In this last month, I have been able to take a step back confident in the knowledge that she is safe, happy and cared for at the highest level of my expectations.

My husband has Alzheimer's.
My husband really enjoyed his week of respite care. All the staff are immensely kind and caring.

There are many different activities to choose to do, some outside of the care home. He liked the food and always found he could have his preferred choice. It was especially cheering to have friends and family join him for meals. He felt safe and happy throughout his stay due to the excellent care from the cheerful, friendly staff.

I cannot fault the care I receive. The food is always enjoyable and the chef is fun.
I have made some new and interesting friendships.
The activities are stimulating and fun. The staff are helpful and very friendly.

Submit a Review for Pine Martin Grange Care Home

posted 19 Apr 2018

We have a selection of rooms available offering residential and dementia care. Last few garden access rooms available

Louise

Louise Hedley

Job Title: Home Director

What do I do?
As the home director it is my responsibility to ensure Pine Martin Grange is safe, enjoyable and maintained to the highest level within the care home industry but also to provide an outstanding service, for our residents whatever this may be to each individual, their families and visitors alike.
I am so very proud of the Pine Martin Grange team and not only does every single member have genuine care and regard for our residents but for each other as well making it a incredible team to manage and environment to work.

Experience
I trained as a Adult Registered Nurse in 2004 at our local Bournemouth University. I spent time working in the NHS at Poole General Hospital before moving to social care. Over the last 13 years I have worked in a variety of settings including Mental Health, Critical Care, Acute Medicine, Older People and Older People with Dementia, Specialist Neuro Rehab, Community Care and Children with Complex Needs. In most recent years I have been Deputising and Managing Nursing and Residential Care Homes. I started out at Pine Martin Grange as Deputy Home Director and feel extremely privileged to have been able to progress within Mayflower Care Communities with a promotion to Home Director.
About Me
Outside of my working time I lead an incredibly busy life with my husband and 2 children who are 4 and 3 years old. We have a beautiful Chocolate Labrador and British Shorthair Cat as part of our family home in Bournemouth. We spend a lot of time visiting local attractions and family time at the beach with our Lab. We also love food so can also be found trying out new restaurants around the local area. I am a very caring person and have always put the needs of others before myself, including my mother who I nursed myself at home until she passed in 2014.

Lorrain

Lorrain Puckett

Job Title: Community Engagement Manager

What I do.

My role at Pine Martin Grange is as the Community Engagement Manager. It is so important for us to be involved as part of the Sandford and Wareham communities. I am lucky to have been a part of the successful Dementia Friendly Purbeck and the launch of Wareham as a Dementia Friendly Community. I work with many different groups, enabling our residents to be part of local activities and events. We are also actively involved in fundraising for local causes, we have recently taken part in the Lions swim for charity raising money for our local mother and toddler group. Our monthly bingo evenings also raise funds for the community.
Another part of my role is to meet with families when they enquire about the care we provide. This is a great privilege for me as it is such a big decision to hand over the care of your loved one. It is important that I am able to help and support families through the decision-making process and also ensure that moving in is a positive experience for residents and their families.

Experience

My previous roles have been largely customer service and management roles. I really enjoy meeting people and ensuring that they receive outstanding customer care. I worked for Lloyds Bank for 14 years in various customer relationship roles. For 7 years I worked alongside my sister to run our family business, a Purbeck stone quarry and most recently I have worked for Dorset County Council managing Wareham Library. I am currently studying for a degree in Leadership and Management with the Open University.

About me
I am a very positive person and enjoy life. I love spending time with my family, I have 2 daughters who are currently at University, we have 2 dogs and enjoy walking them in our beautiful countryside and on the beach. I love living by the sea and spend a lot of time from March to November sailing in Swanage Bay. I enjoy cycling and have completed several long rides including London to Paris and a coast to coast ride from Watchet in Somerset down to West Bay. My other interests include reading and food, I love eating out with my family and friends.

Jon

Jon Rose

Job Title: Maintenance Manager

Maintenance Manager
As head of Maintenance it is my duty to ensure and maintain all our compliance and look after the health and safety of everyone who lives, works and visits Pine Martin Grange. I never get bored working in this environment as every day is different. It is a real honour to work with and help our elderly as they get older!
Experience
I’ve been working looking after maintenance and conformance in the care environment for the last twelve years and gained lots of experience. I have an interest in health and safety and recently completed my IOSH (Institution of Occupational Safety and Health) in managing safety.
About Me
I’m a proud father of three daughters and a son and have three lovely little granddaughters. In my spare time music is my interest as I was once a professional musician. During this time I was lucky enough to travel all over the country and Europe playing music, studio, radio and even performed at the Cheltenham Gold Cup on Channel 4 and Sky TV. I was fortunate to meet and perform alongside many famous people and did enjoy that time very much. I also like most sport, and am a lifelong Manchester United Fan! I’m a happy kind of person and enjoy meeting new people and getting to know them.

Samantha

Samantha Hine

Job Title: Financial Administrator

What I do
I am delighted to be a part of the amazing team we have here at Pine Martin Grange, where I am able to provide varied administrative support to anybody that is in need, including the management team, my colleagues and residents alike.
My role covers a variety of areas within the Home; from financial specific responsibilities such as invoicing, payroll and reporting; through to recruitment and reception duties. Due to the ‘Whole Home Approach’ philosophy we have at Pine Martin Grange, I make sure to involve myself in activities/events that take place throughout the Home, whilst also being a helpful point of contact for residents, their visitors and suppliers.

Experience
Since leaving school, I have worked as a Care Home Administrator in a further two locations, where I was also provided with the opportunity to undertake a Modern Apprenticeship in Business Administration. I have now gained nine years of administrative experience and have recently achieved a Bookkeeping qualification. Most recently, my previous role within the Isle of Wight Council as a qualified Pensions Officer has provided me with key knowledge and skills to fulfil the role expected of me at Pine Martin Grange.

About Me
I enjoy spending as much time with my family and friends as possible, going out for dinner exploring different restaurants, whilst also baking sweet treats at home. I have a great passion for flowers and love to draw them, as well as arrange and wear them!

Eryn White

Job Title: Lifestyle Manager

What I do:
As the Lifestyle Manager for Pine Martin Grange, my focus is the provision of exception activities that improve and make positive impacts in our residents lives, reigniting and maintaining their sense of purpose. In my role; I plan, schedule and ensure a wide variety of activities are available to our residents, not matter what day it is, or what time. Each resident should have the choice of what they would like to do, so the activities that are planned are built around the wishes of our residents, ensuring they find the activities enjoyable and go away with a sense of achievement. Additionally, my role involves supporting and encouraging our amazing care team, so that they can carry out the activities with our residents, and enjoy more moments with them and getting to know them. Of course, I always focus on the well-being of our residents, making sure activities are mentally, physically and emotionally stimulating, so they can get the most out of life, whilst having fun and socialising with each other! Planned trips out are also a regular focus in the activities schedule, with residents enjoying trips to cafes, church, and even cat cuddling, as a few examples.

Experience:
I have a BA (Hons) in Events Management, for which I obtained a 1st Class Honours, from Winchester University. I am a published author, having 2 chapters published in 2 different books, both of which were adapted from my Undergraduate Dissertation. I spent a number of years organising events before deciding that I should go to University and make a career out of it; I am very proud of the fact I did! Prior to this, I have worked as a teaching assistant, teaching Maths in primary school, and I was also a professional chef in London. All of this experience combined has given me amazing practical and organisational skills, in order to provide the activities I do for our residents.

About Me:
I’m a very positive person, and like to see the good in everything. I am patient and caring, which is why I am able to work in the environment that I do, and I love it. I’m also very family orientated, my favourite time of year is Christmas, and I have 3 cats that I love to bits!

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Pine Martin Grange Care Home