Signature at Ascot Grange

Bagshot Road, Ascot SL5 9PR

Rated Good by CQC (Jan 2018).

Ascot Grange is rated Good by CQC. In a lovely leafy location with extensive landscaped gardens, Ascot Grange offers something for everyone. With private en-suite accommodation coming in various sizes and styles, all complemented by either Assisted Living, Residential or Nursing care.

Serving the local areas of Ascot, Sunninghill, Sunningdale, Windlesham and beyond, it is a very comfortable homely environment with excellent dining options. Ascot Grange also has a separate industry leading dementia suite in keeping with Stirling University's Gold Framework for those living with Dementia.

The home features two dining rooms and a further private dining room for special occasions. In addition, there is a Cinema, Hair Salon, Spa and Treatment room as well as an Activity and Entertainment lounge.

The beautiful, landscaped gardens, which are easily accessible are tended by the award-winning landscape gardener and his team weekly and offer many different areas to sit out and enjoy the weather whilst the hospitality team are on hand to ensure your ongoing comfort and enjoyment.

Ascot Grange is at the very pinnacle of senior care with comfortable surrounds at competitive prices.

Group: Signature Senior Lifestyle Ltd

Person in charge: David Taylor (General Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Windsor and Maidenhead Royal Borough Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 106 Service Users

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • No Medical Intervention • Old Age • Physical Disability • Sensory Impairment

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Cancer Care • Cerebral Palsy • Colitis & Crohn's Disease • Hearing Impairment • Huntington's Disease • Motor Neurone Disease • Multiple Sclerosis • Muscular Dystrophy • Neuropathic • Orthopaedic • Parkinson's Disease • Speech Impairment • Spina Bifida & Hydrocephalus • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Independent Living Training • Separate Dementia Care Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Ground Floor Accommodation only • Gardens for residents • Bar/Cafe on premises • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Signature at Ascot Grange is conveniently located on Bagshot Road near the roundabout at the end of Sunninghill High Street and Devenish Road. Parking is available.

Residents are able to have visitors regardless of time. There is a private dining room for special occasions or simply for enjoying a Sunday roast with friends and family.

Parking for residents and visitors is available on site

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Signature at Ascot Grange: click here

The Review Score of 9.7 (maximum of 10) for Signature at Ascot Grange is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.9 out of 5 from 17 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Signature at Ascot Grange in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 4.8 out of 5 from 17 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.876 for Signature at Ascot Grange is calculated as follows: ( (177 Excellents x 5) + (23 Goods x 4) + (1 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 201 Ratings = 4.876

The 4.802 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Signature at Ascot Grange is based on 17 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 21.2 positive Reviews (106 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 17 Reviews ÷ 21.2 Target = 0.802

9.7 Signature at Ascot Grange has a Review Score of 9.7 (9.678) from 17 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Signature at Ascot Grange?

Reviewer Connection to Signature at Ascot Grange

• Godmother of Resident/Service User

My mother has previously rejected the idea of moving into a retirement/care living. However, she is obviously very comfortable and at home in Ascot Grange. Her apartment has a feel very much like her previous house. She has not had any complaints. The staff have all been so supportive and caring not only to my mother but to myself and family. I live in Australia and my visit over the last week has been very enjoyable. This is set up for visitors just as much as for residents and I'm very grateful.

How likely would you be to recommend Signature at Ascot Grange? Extremely Likely

My mother became a respite resident in late 2017 following a fall and has received excellent care from Ascot Grange. Since then she has become a permanent resident and our family are pleased with the care she is still receiving. The nurses, carers and all other staff are professional, friendly and caring and we have taken great comfort in my Mother being in Ascot Grange. The staff are attentive and always look ahead on things they could be doing for the care of their residents.

The room she is in is comfortable, light and airy and the whole building is one of cleanliness and calm, but also homely. It is beautifully finished from decoration to furniture, amenities and layout and the garden is very pleasant.

As a healthcare professional myself, I cannot see anything I could do better for my Mother from Ascot Grange and I am so pleased my Mother is living there. Other relatives of residents we see also speak highly of Ascot Grange.

Ascot Grange is a lovely friendly place where you feel very safe. The staff are fair and kind to your every need. The food is delicious. You can have more or different and if you want, in your own room. So many lovely people here. I have made friends. We laugh and go to the cinema, dancing, playing cards and scrabble. A lot of entertainment for us. Lots of day trips shopping. Fish and chips is great.

Having to put a valued relative into care can be a really difficult decision, especially if the person does not want to go into care.
I cannot thank the staff, carers, management and nurses for the total support, help and attention to small details that made this process easier.
Since the first day, the standard of care has been of the exemplary, but also the support that is given to the relatives, we are always made to feel welcome. After two weeks, I feel part of an extended family, that genuinely cares, from the offer of a bowl of soup or a cup of tea, especially when I am having to deal with difficult situations around end of life.
I really like the concept of Ascot Grange, as soon as you walk in you are greeted by a lovely receptionist , who always seems to know where your relative is in the building, to the lovely violet cafe, the cinema and more importantly the restaurant and food, the quality of the food and variety, rivalling any in the local area.
Thank you.

I was finding it hard dealing with my wife who has advanced Lewy Body Dementia. I placed her in Ascot Grange care home to give us a break. I then went on holiday to give myself a break. My wife had a great time there with all the activities and was looked after very well. We are back together and I feel rested and not so stressed. I will certainly consider Ascot Grange should we need another respite stay.

Everybody is always cheerful and helpful. Care is very good and right for the individual. I'm always made to feel very welcome. A good comfortable environment for everybody plenty of activities if wanted and trips out. Residents encouraged to join in activities, but no pressure if not interested. Very happy for my mum to be a resident here.

My parents have recently moved to Signature in Ascot Grange. Their new home at Ascot Grange is truly 5 Star in every aspect. It is a beautifully furnished building in a wonderful, peaceful and tranquil location with beautiful gardens. I would recommend Signature's Ascot Grange to anyone in the future.

I have been into many care homes over the past couple of months and I can honestly say that Ascot Grange is the only home where I have felt truly comfortable (though I am sure that others in the Signature Group are of a similar and very high standard).
As I walked around, I remember thinking 'Yes, I could spend my own old age here'.
Ascot Grange has the feel of a luxury hotel and my father has frequently commented on the beautiful environment.

I could not have imagined my father settling into any care home setting after receiving live-in care in his own home, but he has settled at Ascot Grange far better than I could have ever anticipated. All the staff are warm and friendly and they show my father great kindness, compassion and support. I feel that he is in entirely safe hands.

I feel that the homes of the Signature Group are in a league of their own.

Wendy Westbury, Senior Client Liaison Manager at Signature at Ascot Grange responded to this review on 21 Sep 2017:

Thank you so much, Caroline for your kind words about our home. We are delighted with how well your father has settled and it is so lovely to see him enjoying his daily walks which highlights the importance of treating our residents as individuals.

My husband became very ill with dementia/Alzheimer's in a few short weeks. This was a huge shock for the family and we were advised that he would need full-time care. We looked at 7 nursing homes in the area and have been extremely fortunate to find a new Signature nursing home called Ascot Grange. We were very shocked to see the wide differences in the care homes we looked at and must congratulate Ascot Grange on the care and amenities they provide.

Wendy Westbury, Senior Lient Liaison Manager at Signature at Ascot Grange responded to this review on 08 Sep 2017:

Thank you so much for your kind words and for choosing Ascot Grange. We are delighted that you are happy with what we are offering and take great pride in being able to support our residents and their families.

My friend has settled in very well mainly due to wonderful friendly care by the staff, they treat him like family. I am always kept informed of his welfare and am delighted with the whole package. No complaints whatsoever.

Wendy Westbury, Senior Client Liaison Manager at Signature at Ascot Grange responded to this review on 25 Aug 2017:

Thank you Robert, we are delighted with how well your friend has settled in and are pleased you are all happy with everything here at Ascot Grange.

The staff don't just look after my dad, they really do look after me as well. Every time I visit everyone says hello, and tells me about what Dad has been doing since I last came. I feel valued, so if that is how they treat me, I know they are taking great care of Dad. The activity team always ask my opinion on things Dad may like to take part in, nothing is forced. My parents have been in three other places and this knocks them all into a cocked hat!

Wendy Westbury, Senior Client Liaison Manager at Signature at Ascot Grange responded to this review on 22 Aug 2017:

Thank you Marianne, we are delighted with how well Dad has settled and are thrilled you are so happy! We are all one big family here so it is important everyone is supported.

We cannot praise the staff and accommodation at Ascot Grange enough. It was a difficult decision to accept that our mother needed full time nursing care but everyone we have met at Ascot Grange from our first viewing to now has been helpful, professional and friendly making it much easier for Mum and for us. The building is delightful, bright, clean and airy, beautifully furnished and with the air of a friendly hotel. The food is excellent - and we can say that having shared several lunches there ourselves. The staff have been so kind to Mum, settling her in and looking after us too in the transition period. The biggest surprise perhaps has been the lovely activities that are laid on - so many things to do which are fun and which have helped Mum to meet and mingle with the other residents and feel involved - and who knew hair appointments and manicures would all be available too! We could not recommend Ascot Grange any more highly - we know Mum is being looked after so well.

Wendy Westbury, Senior Client Liaison Manager at Signature at Ascot Grange responded to this review on 14 Aug 2017:

Thank you so much Graham, we are delighted with how well Mum has settled and adapted to her new home. It's wonderful to see her enjoying so many of the daily activities too!

As a new resident and upon accepting a complimentary meal for myself and my family, we were very pleased to be offered the private dining room and to experience the standard of presentation of all the dishes. We chose a Sunday roast with all the trimmings, including fresh vegetables from the complex gardens. The enthusiasm of the head chef and restaurant staff to make sure that everything was to our satisfaction, made the whole experience a delightful occasion.

Wendy Westbury, Senior Client Liaison Manager at Signature at Ascot Grange responded to this review on 02 Aug 2017:

We are so pleased you enjoyed your special family lunch, our chef is always striving for excellence and we hope that you will enjoy many more occasions like this in your new home.

Resident requirements are handled on an individual basis and every care is made to ensure residents are well looked after and they settle in with minimum disruption to their routines. Staff have previous experience and the process to ensure that information is transferred at shift changes works well and gives you every confidence that residents are being well looked after.

Thank you, Sheila, we are pleased you are happy with everything here at Ascot Grange.

The standard of care and facilities at Ascot Grange is outstanding. All the staff (carers, family liaison, activity managers, reception, caterers and cleaners) know Mum and our family by name and are genuinely welcoming, caring and thoughtful.
The difficult decision to move Mum into care was made so much easier by their sensitive and professional approach and mum settled very easily. There are very high standards and attention to detail in mum's personal care. Staff are very responsive to mum's needs and make proactive suggestions about how she can be further helped. The activities on offer are numerous, varied and great fun, even for those with dementia like mum, family are actively encouraged to take part. The food is of an extremely high quality - our family regularly eat lunch or dinner there with Mum. The payable extras - hairdressing and beauty salon - are excellent and priced at much less than we paid locally. Ascot Grange feels more like a luxury hotel than a care home.

Wendy Westbury, Senior Client Liaison Manager at Signature at Ascot Grange responded to this review on 31 Jul 2017:

Thank you, Caroline, we are so pleased that you are all happy with how Mum and your family have been supported. It is lovely to see how much Mum has flourished and is happily enjoying so many of our daily activities.

My uncle is now a resident at Ascot Grange. The move was very easy and trouble-free. All of the staff have been most helpful at all stages of the move, including organising his furniture, hanging his pictures, showing him around the site, dealing with his medication and clinical needs, and making him feel welcome.
Having lived on his own for a very long time, such a move was likely to be difficult, but each member of staff has helped to make this transition as easy as possible. He is very happy with the service and attention that he receives, even the restaurant is catering for his little foibles and preferences. From an administrative viewpoint, the move has been as easy as I can imagine too.

Thank you, Charles, we are so pleased you have felt supported moving your Uncle to Ascot Grange. More importantly, we are thrilled with how well he is adapting to his new home and he is settling so well.

As a very close knit family, we are very happy that mum is being so well looked after and cared for. We are extremely happy with the facilities of Ascot Grange and know that mum is safe and happy in her new surroundings.
She has been made to feel very welcome and part of a new family group.

Thank you, Linda, we are delighted that you are happy with our home and it is so lovely to see Mum enjoying her new life and becoming part of our every growing family.

Submit a Review for Signature at Ascot Grange

posted 25 Apr 2018

We have a limited number of apartments available offering residential, nursing and dementia care. We also offer respite stays for post op/rehab or a short break.

November 2017

David

David Taylor

Joined: 2016

Following ten years in the Royal Air Force David decided to train as a nurse in Norwich and followed a career in Accident and Emergency nursing. He joined a hospital in Saudi Arabia where he was responsible for the running of the Emergency Room and the hospital cardiac arrest team . He later returned to the UK and became a staff nurse within a renal unit. He went on to be an inflight nurse with the Air Ambulance before he moved in to the elderly care sector. David joins us with a huge amount of experience working within the private sector and has successfully supported other providers with the operational challenges they may have as well as successfully run several large care homes, more recently in Jersey. David is delighted to be part of the Ascot Grange team and is looking forward to bringing his extensive knowledge to the local area and helping to grow and develop the team as well as being actively involved to support the residents and their families.

Eve

Eve Okeke

Job Title: Care Services Manager

Joined: 2017

I have been a nurse for the last 26 years. Since qualifying in 1991, I have spent most of my nursing career within the NHS. I have worked as a nurse lecturer at Thames Valley University and in the last 10 years, I have worked as a Macmillan advanced nurse practitioner, specialising in end of life care and palliative care.
I have a passion for nursing and expect care to be of the highest standards. I’m excited about joining Signature, where I can bring my years of experience to a company that values the best.

Candy

Candy Guo

Job Title: Dementia Manager

Joined: 2017

I am originally from China, where I trained as a general nurse. I have worked in the care sector for over 10 years, specialising in dementia care. The most enjoyable part of my role is the residents, all of whom have fantastic life stories and to whom I owe so much. I had the privilege to join the Ascot Grange team in the role of dementia care manager.
My passion in dementia care is to support the care team in providing the unique and highly skilled person-centered care for those living with dementia, to maintain a fulfilling, meaningful and dignified lifestyle in a safe and friendly environment.

Carlie

Carlie Nicholas

Job Title: Activities Manager

Joined: 2017

After spending five years working as an activities organiser, I am delighted with my new role as an activities manager for Ascot Grange.
I am passionate about providing a fun and varied program for our residents and getting to know them as individuals. I love working within care, which I find incredibly rewarding, not to mention all the lovely people you get to meet and build new friendships with.
Having studied illustration at university, I am looking forward to bringing my creative skills and imagination to the job, as well as helping others to pursue their hobbies and embark on new ones.
I am very excited to be part of the team at Signature and to be contributing to creating a wonderful environment for our residents to live in.

Toby

Toby Speller

Job Title: Client Liaison Manager

Joined: 2016

I am happily married father with two beautiful little boys. My experience within the care industry spans two decades and in my role as Client Liaison Manager at Ascot Grange, my role is to help families to make informed decisions about care for their loved ones. I am very grateful to be a part of a highly caring and skilled team. Pembroke House will provide a comfortable quality of life and many exciting opportunities for our new residents in a dignified, caring a fun atmosphere.

Pinky

Pinky Ibarrientos

Job Title: Nursing Manager

Joined: 2017

I am originally from the Philippines, where I trained as a registered nurse.
In 2004, I came to the UK and worked within the Care Home industry as a part of an adaptation course, to become a fully qualified nurse.
I then continued working as an RGN in nursing home settings. During this time, I was promoted as a Senior Charge Nurse in a nursing home for patients with different mental health needs.
In 2015, I joined Ben, the Automotive Industry Charity, as an RGN and was promoted as a Clinical Lead Nurse for a brief period of time before joining Signature.
I am a person who can be very committed and loyal to the company I work with. I have a passion working with elderly. I am very excited with my new role at Ascot Grange, where I can share my expertise in the provision of exceptional high standard of care to the elderly.

Alison

Alison Johnson

Job Title: Residential Manager

Joined: 2017

I made the decision to go into social care after my own family had grown up, which allowed me to pursue a career of my choice.
My background is in dementia, where I started as a carer and progressed to head of care (assistant manager). I completed during this period my levels 3 and 5 diplomas in health and social care. And also my diploma in Leadership and Management.
I found this role challenging, but far more importantly, exceptionally rewarding. I would describe myself as being both passionate and dedicated to providing exceptional care for the people I am helping to support. I also recognise the importance of supporting my team and encouraging us all to work in unity, with the only goal being to provide the best care possible for all our residents.

Jo

Jo Barnard

Job Title: HR Manager

Joined: 2017

I have worked in HR for 9 years across different sectors and have gained some invaluable experience during this time. After leaving College I started to work as a temporary HR/Payroll Administrator for DHL on the B&Q contract, initially only for 12 weeks. My contract was extended by a further 3 years where I worked on many different sites where needed leading me to being asked to manage the recruitment and selection process for a new B&Q Distribution centre they opened in Swindon. I then went on to work for TJX Europe (commonly known as TK Maxx and Homesense stores) where I managed all ER queries with my team, for all UK and Ireland stores. During my time there, I gained my CIPD qualification. More recently I worked for a Technology Company – Acal Technology Solutions LTD.
I have joined Signature Ascot – Grange at a really exciting time and I am looking forward to seeing the Community, residents and Employees grow. My first few months will be focusing on recruiting all staff members who will help to make the home a success and are true examples of the Signature model.

Lukas

Lukas Marchlewski

Job Title: Restaurant Manager

Joined: 2017

Lukas has been working in hospitality for over 12 years. He has a mixture of experience gathered from different establishments, mostly 4 and 5 star hotels and award-winning restaurants.
Lukas strives for perfection, both in floor service as well as in food presentation, and will enable our residents to experience five-star dining in a home from home environment.
He will make sure they are properly looked after, talking them through the menu choices and all their individual nutritional/dietary requirements.
Lukas is also working closely with the head chef – Russell Ally – to deliver impeccable and friendly service. Food forums where residents will have the chance to meet up with the team to feedback their comments will be held frequently, and will ensure each resident is treated in a unique and individual way.
Our new member is delighted to be part of the team at Ascot Grange.

Russel

Russel Ally

Job Title: Head Chef

Joined: 2017

I started my career in catering at the age of 16 and predominantly my experience comes from fine dining restaurants and hotels throughout the UK.
As head chef, I am keen to build a team that shares my passion about food and what we can offer our residents.
I am very excited to be joining Ascot Grange to create innovation and flare, with a variety of menu choices using locally sourced produce and understanding of our resident’s needs.

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Signature at Ascot Grange