Unit Manager - Registered Mental Nurse (RMN)
This job is no longer available, please click
here to search all available jobs
Add to My Job Folder
Job Title: Unit Manager - Registered Mental Nurse (RMN)
Job Role: Clinical Lead / Nurse Team Leader
13 Nov 2017
Charnwood Care Home
View all jobs posted by Four Seasons Health Care
per hour Welcome Bonus of £1250
Hours: Full Time
Contact Name: Four Seasons Health Care
To manage the Unit and lead a team to ensure the delivery of
excellent standards of care, in accordance with Four Seasons Health
Care policies and procedures; promoting rehabilitation, independence
and dignity, positively enhancing the lives of individuals in our care.
- Ensure the highest possible standards of care - continually
assessing residents' needs and wishes, developing services to
enhance their quality of life.
- Champion independence and personal choice; developing, reviewing
and updating care plans to meet our clients changing physical,
social and psychological needs.
- Build the positive reputation of the Business and unit; liaise
professionally with visitors and other external stakeholders. Ensure
team communication is professional and considered.
- Ensure all elements of resident experience are positive, from
admission to discharge. For example psychological considerations,
safe custody of property, pain management and dignity.
- Ensure compliance with all legal, regulatory and best practice
guidelines - identify, investigate and resolve risks proactively.
- Oversee all aspects of medicine management - ensuring medicines
are appropriately received, stored and administered to our clients.
- Set in place rigorous monitoring and recording practice;
documenting efficiently, and thoroughly all matters relating to our
residents and employees.
- Proactively monitor all standards of care; undertaking audits and
implementing corrective action where appropriate.
- Promote high standards of nursing care for you and your team,
actively seeking ways to improve levels of service.
- To assist with all people management duties, including but not
exclusively; recruitment, training and career development,
performance management and effective delegation of duties.
Qualifications & Accreditations
NMC Registered Nurse
Key Skills and Behaviours (Essential)
- People management experience; the ability to lead and manage a team
- Numerate and literate with the ability to communicate effectively
verbally and in writing
- Understands and effectively uses IT and communication systems
required for the role
- Able to analyse problems and propose solutions
- Sensitive to and respectful of the values, views and needs of others
- Able to effectively prioritise workload
- develop internal and external business relationships based on
mutual respect and professionalism
- Ability to work under pressure whilst motivating their team
- Encourages knowledge sharing and best practice
Key Experience and Knowledge (Desirable)
- Experience of delivering nursing care within elderly healthcare sector
- Experience of participating in quality and clinical governance
programmes, including audit and care services
- Leadership Management qualifications
Our nurses are critical to the continued success of the business,
working across all aspects of care; the role gives great opportunities
to broaden your skill and knowledge base with exciting opportunities
to progress into management.
Come and join our team and help deliver special resident
Four Seasons Health Care provide a variety of competitive
benefits, including a generous holiday allowance, contributory pension
scheme, a bespoke development programme, childcare vouchers and an
employee discount scheme. Plus free parking and uniform where applicable.
As a qualified nurse, you can enjoy up to £1,250 in your first
year as a welcome bonus.
* subject to terms and conditions.
If you have the skills to succeed in this role and are
committed to the provision of quality care please apply now.