share this job on:
This job is no longer available, please click here to search all available jobs
2017-12-15 Nurseries Job Title: Activities Coordinator
Job Role: Activity Coordinator
Date Posted: 15 Nov 2017
Job Location: Exeter , Devon
Company: Langford Park Care Home
Salary: £8.00 per hour Overtime Incentive,free meals,free uniform
Hours: Full Time
Contact Name: Ian Woolger
ACTIVITIES MANAGER REQUIRED FOR EXETER NURSING HOME
Responsible to The Home Manager
Langford Park Nursing Home
Planning and facilitating a range of stimulating activities, promoting independence and choice to meet client’s needs.
Controlling and maintaining the stock of activities equipment, materials and resources within a given budget.
Comply with CQC essential standards and improve the quality of customer's lives.
A unique individual is required to become activities organiser at our care home. Activities are an important feature of our home and we pride ourselves on providing residents with a varied and interesting activities schedule.
• The job will involve speaking to residents, collating information about their interests, organising activities accordingly and recording outcomes.
• The activities you will organise will vary from simply chatting to residents on an individual basis to games, music and movement and theatre trips.
• The activities you will assist with have to encompass the needs of the whole variety of our residents from those who are only with us to be pampered, others who have limited capacity and suffer from early-stage dementia to those who are completely bed bound and do not have any capacity. Additionally, some of our residents prefer to carry out activities on their own in their rooms whilst others prefer to take part in group activities. It will be for you to split your time up accordingly, respecting resident wishes whilst encouraging residents to get the most from their time at our home.
• You must be able to work as part of the team and with residents’ personal needs being the primary focus.
• We will be keen for you to attend suitable training courses to assist you in your role and to provide you with suitable resources. We expect all members of staff to have a formal induction before commencing work.
• Currently, we have many activities within the home, which include, Hair, Physio, minibus outings, singers & Holy Communion.
The ideal person, therefore, would be willing to work varied days and shifts to suit the activity rota. The post, therefore, is for a full-time position.
Job Type: Full-time Salary: £8.00 hour.
Job Type: Full-time 36 Hours.