Activity Coordinator - Rapkyns Care Home
This job is no longer available, please click
here to search all available jobs
Add to My Job Folder
Job Title: Activity Coordinator - Rapkyns Care Home
Job Role: Activity Coordinator
15 Nov 2017
, West Sussex
View all jobs posted by Sussex Healthcare
Hours: Full Time
Contact Name: SHC Recuitment
Rapkyns Care Home, Horsham - cares for those with complex long
term conditions: Huntington's, Multiple sclerosis, and Acquired
We are looking to recruit Activity Coordinator to deliver excellent
residential care at Sussex Healthcare.
Day to day tasks of the Activity Coordinator:
- To organise, run and record activity programme.
- To book outside entertainment to perform in the Home.
- To establish links with, and encourage involvement of, the local
community in the home.
- To seek advice from and liaise as needed with appropriate
therapists as directed by the Registered Manager.
- To determine the needs of service users individually, through the
use of profiles, biography sheets, or care plans in order to
ascertain personal preferences, abilities and potential for activities.
- To maximize the potential skills enthusiasm and commitment of
relevant staff and volunteers through direction, support and supervision.
- To promote a positive image of the home and service by maintaining
a professional approach at all times, in order to develop community
awareness of the home and services.
- To be responsible for the maintenance and safe storage of activity
equipment and materials and to develop resources for activities
within a given budget.
- To participate in system of supervision and appraisal.
Benefits of the Activity Coordinator:
50p more per hour for weekends and double pay for bank holiday
- Paid breaks
- Free staff bus, subsidiary meals and uniform
- Reduced rate accommodation
- In house Training, academy offering various courses
- Mentoring scheme
- Exceptional career progression within the company
- Refer a friend bonuses
- Plus, many more!
Requirements for the Activity Coordinator role:
- A warm and friendly disposition
- Good communication skills, able to put others at ease
- Reliable and punctual
Winners of the West Sussex Care Accolades 'Employer of the
year' award 2016!
We believe that the great service we provide is all down to the great
people we employ and we strongly believe in investing in people to
fulfil their potential. Education and training are a key part of our
Are you passionate about providing excellence??
Are you looking to join an award winning company……Join us at Sussex Healthcare!!