share this job on:
This job is no longer available, please click here to search all available jobs
2017-12-16 Nurseries Job Title: Weekend Lifestyle Co-ordinator
Job Role: Activity Coordinator
Date Posted: 16 Nov 2017
Job Location: Norwich , Norfolk
Company: Brooklands Care Home
Salary: £7.50 to £8.00 per hour
Hours: Part Time
Contact Name: Karen Willimott
WEEKEND LIFESTYLE CO-ORDINATOR
Saturday 10am - 4pm, Sunday 11am - 5pm.
To facilitate and support Residents' independence and well-being. To plan and implement purposeful activities appropriate to Residents' needs and requests.
• Facilitate Residents to socialize and provide a variety of activities that cater for all tastes.
• Plan and initiate monthly rolling/individual programs, & encourage the residents to maintain preexisting hobbies.
• Encourage Staff members, relatives and friends to participate in Care Home activities.
• Organize and accompany Residents, where possible, to off-site activities, which may occasionally take place out of normal working hours.
• Help to create an atmosphere that suits individual Residents within the Home.
• Maintain full and accurate records of daily activities using appropriate documentation, and assist the named carer to review and update the Residents Care files.
• Discuss the aims and objectives of recreation therapy with other Staff members.
• Report any changes in Residents physical or emotional condition to the Home Manager.
• Provide comfort & company on one to one basis for residents who’re unable to undertake a form of activity.
• Arrange/participate in staff and Residents meetings, as and when required.
• Report immediately to the Home Manager any illness of an infectious nature or accident incurred by a Resident, colleague, self or another.
• Understand and ensure the implementation of the Care Homes Health and Safety policy, and Emergency and Fire procedures.
• Report to the Home Manager, or Maintenance, any faulty appliances, damaged furniture, equipment or any potential hazard.
• Promote a safe working practice in the Care Home.
• Carry out any other reasonable tasks assigned by the Home Manager.
• Facilitate and support a Residents' committee, where appropriate.
• To liaise with the Home Manager and to ensure that a wide variety of social activities are organized, meeting the needs and requirements of all Residents.
• Care and compassion.
• Respect and appreciation.
• Teamwork and enjoyment.
• Focus and best practice.
• Honesty and integrity.
• Recognition and reward.
• Creativity and innovation.
• Development and investment.
• We will sustainably fulfil our mission and vision by building a strong financial platform.
• Attend training and update own practice as required.
• Good communication and organizational skills.
• Team player.
• Ability to work on own initiative.
• Warm and friendly disposition.
• Reliable and punctual.
We hold an open recruitment day every Wednesday from 10am to 4pm. Come along with your CV for an interview, and a chance to look around the home and meet some of our residents. Alternatively, please contact us directly to arrange an interview at your convenience.