This job is no longer available, please click here to search all available jobsAdd to My Job Folder
2017-12-16 Care Homes Job Title: Weekend Lifestyle Co-ordinator
Job Setting: Care Home / Nursing Home
Job Role: Activity Coordinator
Date Posted: 16 Nov 2017
Job Location: Norwich , Norfolk
Salary: £7.50 to £8.00 per hour
Hours: Part Time
Contact Name: Karen Willimott
WEEKEND LIFESTYLE CO-ORDINATOR
Saturday 10am - 4pm, Sunday 11am - 5pm.
To facilitate and support Residents' independence and well-being. To plan and implement purposeful activities appropriate to Residents' needs and requests.
• Facilitate Residents to socialize and provide a variety of activities that cater for all tastes.
• Plan and initiate monthly rolling/individual programs, & encourage the residents to maintain preexisting hobbies.
• Encourage Staff members, relatives and friends to participate in Care Home activities.
• Organize and accompany Residents, where possible, to off-site activities, which may occasionally take place out of normal working hours.
• Help to create an atmosphere that suits individual Residents within the Home.
• Maintain full and accurate records of daily activities using appropriate documentation, and assist the named carer to review and update the Residents Care files.
• Discuss the aims and objectives of recreation therapy with other Staff members.
• Report any changes in Residents physical or emotional condition to the Home Manager.
• Provide comfort & company on one to one basis for residents who’re unable to undertake a form of activity.
• Arrange/participate in staff and Residents meetings, as and when required.
• Report immediately to the Home Manager any illness of an infectious nature or accident incurred by a Resident, colleague, self or another.
• Understand and ensure the implementation of the Care Homes Health and Safety policy, and Emergency and Fire procedures.
• Report to the Home Manager, or Maintenance, any faulty appliances, damaged furniture, equipment or any potential hazard.
• Promote a safe working practice in the Care Home.
• Carry out any other reasonable tasks assigned by the Home Manager.
• Facilitate and support a Residents' committee, where appropriate.
• To liaise with the Home Manager and to ensure that a wide variety of social activities are organized, meeting the needs and requirements of all Residents.
• Care and compassion.
• Respect and appreciation.
• Teamwork and enjoyment.
• Focus and best practice.
• Honesty and integrity.
• Recognition and reward.
• Creativity and innovation.
• Development and investment.
• We will sustainably fulfil our mission and vision by building a strong financial platform.
• Attend training and update own practice as required.
• Good communication and organizational skills.
• Team player.
• Ability to work on own initiative.
• Warm and friendly disposition.
• Reliable and punctual.
We hold an open recruitment day every Wednesday from 10am to 4pm. Come along with your CV for an interview, and a chance to look around the home and meet some of our residents. Alternatively, please contact us directly to arrange an interview at your convenience.
This job is no longer available, please click here to search all available jobs