Carer - nights
This job is no longer available, please click
here to search all available jobs
Add to My Job Folder
Job Title: Carer - nights
Job Role: Carer / Care Assistant / Care Support Worker
18 Nov 2017
C T C H Ltd (Cedar Trust Care Homes)
View all jobs posted by C T C H Ltd (Cedar Trust Care Homes)
per hour Dependent on age, plus night enhancements
Hours: Full Time
Contact Name: Tony Foxwell
Night Carer Vacancies x 36.75 hours per week
- To look after the physical, emotional, cultural, and social needs
of the clients using a person-centred approach.
- To observe and promote the Client’s choice, independence, dignity,
privacy, fulfilment, and other rights
- To create and maintain good professional relationships with
Clients, their family and friends and other stakeholders.
- To actively support other Care Workers
- To adhere to all regulatory and statutory obligations and Cedar
Trust policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- To actively market Cedar Trust Care Homes and promote a positive,
personal, and professional profile, ensuring the good reputation of
Cedar Trust always.
- To provide personal care and support to Clients with a wide range
of needs, illness, and disabilities.
- To know and understand the care and support of the Client, whilst
building therapeutic relationships.
- To undertake the tasks detailed in the Client’s care and support
plan using a person-centred approach and in the least intrusive way.
- To encourage the independence and motivation of the Client and not
foster dependent behaviour.
- To provide input into the care and support plans of clients by
regularly feeding back to the key worker.
- To assist Clients with getting up and going to bed
- To assist Clients to wash, bath, shower.
- To assist Clients to dress and undress.
- To assist Clients to look after their skin, teeth, hair, and nails.
- To assist Clients with toileting, continence management and
- To assist Clients with their medication at the agreed level of
support and as detailed in the Medication Care Plan. (Medication
trained staff only)
- To prepare food and drink for the Client, being aware of the
Client’s choice, likes/dislikes, nutritional needs, and cultural requirements.
- To make and change beds, tidy rooms, empty commodes, care for
Client’s clothing and laundry.
- To use manual handling equipment safely and correctly.
- To take responsibility for the safe handling of property and
equipment belonging to the Client.
- To maintain good communication and develop effective working
relationships with Clients.
- To provide companionship to the Client, actively talking and
listening to them about their interests.
- To help the Client to maintain contact with their family and friends.
- To accompany the Client on trips into the community.
- To look for the opportunities, large or small, planned, or
spontaneous, that makes everyone’s life have meaning, purpose and joy.
- To carry out any other tasks as may be allocated to you.
- To seek out best practice and look at innovative ways to improve
the quality and efficiency of service delivery.
- Professional and Friendly approach