This job is no longer available, please click
here to search all available jobs
Add to My Job Folder
Job Title: Activities Coordinator
Job Role: Activity Coordinator
21 Nov 2017
, Dumfries & Galloway
Goldielea Nursing & Residential Home
View all jobs posted by Advinia Healthcare Ltd
per hour £7.50 per hour
Hours: Full Time
Contact Name: VIRGINIJA KALIBATITE
*25.5 HOURS PER WEEK OVER 3 DAYS, ALTERNATE WEEKENDS*
Purpose of Post
To plan and implement activities appropriate to individual needs and
requests. To assist Home Manager to organise fundraising events.
- Help residents to socialise within the home, and provide a variety
of activities that cater for all tastes.
- Plan and initiate monthly rolling/individual programmes, liaise
with key worker and encourage Residents to maintain pre-existing hobbies.
- Encourage Staff Members, Relatives and Friends to participate in
the home's activities.
- Accompany residents, where possible, to off-site activities, which
may occasionally take place outside normal working hours.
- Help to create an atmosphere that suits individual residents
within the home.
- Assist with fundraising, and budgeting, for entertainments,
materials and outings.
- Maintain full and accurate records of daily activities using
- Discuss the aims and objectives of recreation therapy with other
- Report any changes in Residents' physical or emotional condition
to the Home Manager or Person in Charge.
- Provide comfort and company, on a one to one basis, for Residents
who are unable to undertake any form of activity.
Key Skills Required
- Proven ability to develop and organise a range of
events/activities for residents in all Residents categories
- Good communication and organisational skills
- Team player
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Friendly, creative and confident
- Genuine interest in working with the relevant Residents group
- Satisfactory Police Check and check against the P/SOVA List (where applicable)
- Previous experience of working with the relevant Residents group
- Qualification in remedial/occupational therapies
- Flexible approach towards working routines
- Uniform provided
- Gift voucher after completion of probation
- Attendance reward available
- Increasing annual leave allowance
- Full training package
- Free of charge PVG check
- Flexible hours
- Ability to engage with the elderly and create meaningful and engaging activities