share this job on:
This job is no longer available, please click here to search all available jobs
2017-12-19 Nurseries Job Title: Activities Coordinator -25h
Job Role: Activity Coordinator
Date Posted: 22 Nov 2017
Job Location: Bexleyheath , London
Company: Avante Care & Support
Salary: per hour £7.80
Hours: Part Time
Contact Name: Kasia Zarychta
Everything we do is about putting people first and that includes delivering exceptional care and support for the vulnerable people in our care homes and communities as well as providing a great place to work with learning and development opportunities for your personal and career development.
Our positions are subject to Enhanced DBS Disclosures which will be completed upon successful application. All applications will be dealt with on an individual basis in accordance with our policy and organisational requirements.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Job Title: Activities Co-ordinator – 20 hours per week, including alternate weekends (working hours between 10am - 6:30pm)
Reports To: The Registered Home Manager
Responsible For: There are no subordinate staff reporting to the post holder
Job Context: Avante Care and Support is a major provider of quality residential and community care for older people and those with special needs in Kent and South-east London.
Job Location: The post will be based at one of Avante Care and Support’s residential care homes located in Bexleyheath, Kent.
Job Summary: To offer flexible and meaningful activities, based on Avante’s Philosophy of Care, with spontaneity and variety, helping to meet residents’ social needs, which encompass maintaining and building relationships, fun, as the antidote to boredom, helplessness and loneliness, this may on occasion be outside of the usual working day. Working with all care partners, including staff, families, volunteers and the local community, to enable the residents to live as full a life as possible.
Main Responsibilities and Duties
1. Offer meaningful activities to residents as a means of continuous growth in the quality of life, providing a sense of purpose for residents, according to their needs and as agreed in their individual care plan.
2. Offer stimulation of body and mind, both planned and spontaneous, to encourage the residents to live the life they choose within the local community, using the social model of disability.
3. Work with staff, families and volunteers within the home and local community in order to enhance the care and support for residents.
4. Create opportunities for residents to give care and support as well as to receive care and support. Enable and encourage residents to contribute to the decision making that affects their daily life.
5. To work creatively with staff in the care and support of residents in promoting both physical and emotional well-being, including personal care.
6. Examples of activities that would be beneficial:
a. Music and Movement (gentle exercises) to encourage movement of feet and hands.
b. Quiz games, draughts, darts, etc.
c. Ball games, skittles, etc.
d. Sewing groups.
e. Painting groups.
f. Reminiscence therapy: old newspapers and discussing life experiences.
g. Gardening, planting of seeds, etc.
h. External activities in the surrounding community, swimming, shopping, etc.
i. Organise outings on a regular basis and entertainment in the home.
You will be expected to attend Eden Alternative training, which will be provided by the Organisation, to at least two days in-house training level. All activities should be based on the Eden Alternative, providing a person-centred approach and living environment.
7. Promote Avante care and Support’s Equal Opportunities Policy, ensuring an awareness of differing ethnic, social, cultural backgrounds, and sexual preferences when providing care and support for activities.
8. Record care and support information on residents’ progress and complete necessary reports as appropriate.
9. Attend training sessions/courses necessary in the performance of these duties.
All staff are required to:
1. Work to Avante Policies and procedures, Guidelines and Work Instructions, as set out in the Residential and Corporate Quality Manuals. All staff are to take responsibility to ensure they are conversant and with and receive training on, the updated amendments when issued.
2. Manage self and all administrative policies and procedures to meet deadlines within set time frames, as well as being flexible able to adapt to changes in priorities on a day to day basis and as the service develops.
3. Be confidential at all times. Provide support to service users, relatives and staff as the position demands, as access to confidential information may be seen.
4. Show courtesy and respect to service users and their relations at all times to ensure they enjoy the highest quality of life, respect and confidentiality.
5. Attend and participate in training sessions and staff meetings.
6. Maintain good working relations with colleagues at all times.
7. Assist in the induction of new staff.
8. Participate in supervision and appraisal using the Avante procedure and documentation.
9. Advise immediately any defects in plant or equipment used for the care and safety of service users and their relations as well as staff health and safety.
10. Keep Line Manager informed of any concerns or changes in staff which could affect the smooth operations of the Department.
** All relevant Work Instructions will be issued to the post holder.
This job description is provided to assist the post holder to know what his/her duties are. These duties may be amended or added to from time to time following consultation with the post holder, without change to the level of responsibility appropriate to the post and the salary, in order to provide the best service and assist with the smooth running of the home.
Please note: If you are shortlisted, you will be invited to attend an interview. We regret to inform you that due to the high volumes of applicants, we do not write to candidates, who are unsuccessful at the shortlisting stage. In the meantime, we would like to thank you for the interest you have shown in Avante Care & Support.