This job is no longer available, please click here to search all available jobsAdd to My Job Folder
2017-12-27 Care Homes Job Title: Activities Coordinator
Job Setting: Care Home / Nursing Home
Job Role: Activity Coordinator
Date Posted: 27 Nov 2017
Job Location: Middlesbrough , Cleveland & Teesside
Salary: £8.50 per hour
Hours: Full Time
Contact Name: Claire Stokes
Would you like to take the lead on making sure our older generation live a fulfilling and enriched life? Do you believe that keeping active and engaged can play a key role in the wellbeing of older adults?
We are looking for an organised, creative and energetic individual for a ‘Lifestyle Support Coordinator’ role in Middlesbrough. This is a peaceful, therapeutic environment for older adults which has great facilities for the residents including on-site coffee shop and hair salon.
Your role would involve planning and arranging stimulating and engaging activities for our residents, to ensure they not only receive the best health care at our home, but also have a great quality of life which will strengthen independence, motivation and companionship. This could be anything from art & craft activities to interesting day trips out.
You will be required to arrange a variety of enrichment activities for older adults with the following needs:
- Dementia and complex memory loss challenges
- Highly complex palliative needs
- Physical impairment
- Day shifts only, no more sleeps and waking nights!
- All staff given the opportunity to undertake the QCF qualifications (up to Level 5)
- The peace of mind of working in a service rated ‘Good’ by CQC
- Creating personal programmes of support and progression designed to meet the individual's needs
- Liaising with outside organisations to arrange entertainment, events and to secure funding
- Creating a warm and homely environment which acknowledges the emotional needs of our residents, and strives to provide friendship and companionship for them as well as care
- Excellent organisational skills
- A creative, enthusiastic and positive personality
- Experience leading activities or suggesting new ideas in a care setting
This job is no longer available, please click here to search all available jobs