This job is no longer available, please click
here to search all available jobs
Add to My Job Folder
Job Title: Activity Assistant
Job Setting: Care Home / Nursing Home
Job Role: Activity Coordinator
28 Nov 2017
, West Sussex
Hours: Full Time
Contact Name: SHC Recuitment
Salary: £7.55 - £7.80 / hour
We are looking to recruit Activity Assistants to deliver excellent
residential care at Sussex Healthcare.
Day to day tasks of the Activity Assistant:
- To assist the coordination of the provision of group activities,
in conjunction with the Activity Coordinator, nurse/care staff where appropriate.
- To help organise, run and record activity programme.
- To maintain communication and links with the local community in
- To attend staff meetings and information sessions as required.
- To seek advice from and liaise as needed with appropriate
therapists as directed by the Activity Coordinator.
- To assist in the determination of service users needs
individually, through the use of profiles, biography sheets, or care
plans in order to ascertain personal preferences, abilities and
potential for activities.
- To promote a positive image of the home and service by maintaining
a professional approach at all times, in order to develop community
awareness of the home and services.
- To be responsible, with the Activity Coordinator for the
maintenance and safe storage of activity equipment and materials.
Benefits of the Activity Assistant:
£7.55 - £7.80 / hour
- 50p more per hour for weekends and double pay for bank holiday
- Paid breaks
- Free staff bus, subsidiary meals and uniform
- Reduced rate accommodation
- In house Training, academy offering various courses
- Mentoring scheme
- Exceptional career progression within the company
- Refer a friend bonuses
- Plus, many more!
Requirements for the Activity Assistant role:
- A warm and friendly disposition
- Good communication skills, able to put others at ease
- Reliable and punctual
Winners of the West Sussex Care Accolades 'Employer of the
year' award 2016!
We believe that the great service we provide is all down to the great
people we employ and we strongly believe in investing in people to
fulfil their potential. Education and training are a key part of our
Are you passionate about providing excellence??
Are you looking to join an award winning company……Join us at Sussex Healthcare!!