This job is no longer available, please click here to search all available jobsAdd to My Job Folder
2018-01-01 Care Homes Job Title: Night Carer
Job Setting: Care Home / Nursing Home
Job Role: Bank Carer / Care Assistant
Date Posted: 02 Dec 2017
Job Location: Gloucester , Gloucestershire
Salary: per hour £7.98 per hour
Hours: Full Time
Contact Name: OSJCT Recruiter
General Scope of the Post
To attend to the physical emotional and social needs of residents under the direction of the Care Leader, working on a rota basis as laid down by the Home Manager.
To promote the philosophy of privacy, dignity, independence, choice, rights and fulfilment for all residents, within a policy of managed risk-taking.
· All aspects of physical care, working as part of a team but capable of working unsupervised.
· Act as keycarer to residents, ensuring their needs are met. To contribute to a separate file record for each resident and to participate in the formulation and implementation of individual care plans. (This may involve some shopping, but Carers should not become further involved in the financial affairs of residents unless directed by the Care Leader.)
The Carer is accountable to the Care Leader.
· Assist the Care Leader in the administration of medication with appropriate training
· Participate in assessments and reviews and contribute to good written and verbal communications while respecting resident confidences.
· Observe resident wishes with regard to patterns of daily living. Organise and participate in activities and outings involving residents in planning where possible.
· Act as escort where necessary.
· Foster good community relations and assist in fundraising.
· To undertake training as provided.
· Understand responsibilities in relation to health and safety, food hygiene, fire precautions and emergency procedures, infection control and emergency aid.
· Attend staff meetings, support colleagues, work as part of a team for the benefit and well-being of the home and residents.
· Other tasks within the scope of the post as requested by the Manager
In addition to the above, there are some general requirements that apply to all jobs in the
· Take responsibility for the safeguarding of adults, and follow the Trust’s whistleblowing
policy as required.
· Participation in staff meetings
· Participation in training activities
· Participation in staff supervision and personal development review
· Participation in quality assurance systems
· Take responsibility for personal development by keeping abreast of developments in the field of caring for older people.
· All duties must be carried out to comply with: -
o Notification of accidents and other health and safety requirements
o Statutory legislation, in particular, the health and hygiene regulations
o Nationally and locally agreed codes of good practice
o Fire precautions
o Equal opportunity and the Trust’s anti-discriminatory policy.
Health and Safety
To be responsible for your own health and safety and that of anybody else who may be affected by your acts or omissions.
This job is no longer available, please click here to search all available jobs