share this job on:
This job is no longer available, please click here to search all available jobs
2018-01-01 Nurseries Job Title: Bank Nurse
Job Role: Bank Nurse
Date Posted: 02 Dec 2017
Job Location: Gloucester , Gloucestershire
Company: Trevone House
Salary: per hour £15.50 per hour
Hours: Full Time
Contact Name: OSJCT Recruiter
To support the (Senior Nurse/ Home Manager) within the Home / Unit in
providing leadership to the care team and effective 24hr management of
the Home within the available resources.
The post holder will have a key responsibility for the quality of nursing assessment, care planning, implementation and evaluation and associated care staff training issues to ensure
that at all times residents receive an excellent standard of care.
Take responsibility for the safeguarding of adults, and follow the Trust’s whistleblowing policy as required.
(e.g. budgetary or supervisory responsibilities)
To have responsibility for the management and allocation of duties to care and support staff in the Home during the course of shift.
Communications with Others:
Internal Home Care and Nursing Colleagues
Catering, House keeping, Maintenance and Administrative Staff
External Families, Carers & Advocates
GPs, Social Services
District nurses, OTs & SALTs
Other statutory service providers
Delivery of Care to Residents
· To lead a team of care staff that provides excellence in clinical practice and ensures that residents’ rights to privacy, dignity, choice, autonomy and safety are actively promoted at all times.
· To understand the value of and promote a stimulating and enriching environment conducive to the well being of residents, for whom the Home/ Unit is their long-term place of residence i.e. their home.
· To demonstrate effective communication skills with residents, their families and friends, being aware of opportunities for health education; providing information and advice where appropriate.
· To facilitate and engage in positive working relationships with GPs and the wider multidisciplinary team, including hospitals and local agencies, acting as the resident’s advocate where necessary to ensure the best outcomes.
· To ensure that accountability for and communication of residents care is maintained consistently throughout the 24 hour period of care.
· To undertake, in partnership with the resident where ever possible, the assessment of their care needs and develop resultant care plans, evaluating programmes of care as
necessary and overseeing transfers of care, e.g. to hospital.
· To actively supervise and monitor care practices, identifying and responding appropriately to the changing needs of residents to ensure that care needs are consistently met.
· To undertake all appropriate aspects of nursing care required, including advanced clinical skills having gained the appropriate training and supervision.
· To undertake all care procedures and practices in accordance with Trust Care Policies and the current Marsden Manual.
· To be fully aware of all agreed emergency procedures and be prepared to take a lead role in any acute or non-clinical emergency, in the absence of more senior staff or until specialist assistance arrives.
Management / Education
· In the absence of a Senior Nurse or Home Manager, whilst on duty, to be responsible for the fabric and running of the Home, ensuring that there are sufficient staff to carry out all duties whilst ensuring the Home continues to provide a safe and secure
environment for residents and staff alike, conducive to their general well being.
· To demonstrate effective time management and leadership skills and work closely with the Senior Nurse / Manager to develop own managerial skills.
· To ensure procedures are correctly followed and accurate contemporaneous records of care documented and communicated effectively amongst the Care Team at all times.
· To participate in the induction, mentorship, teaching and supervision of care staff and student nurses to the Home / Unit to enhance learning and improve outcomes.
· To liaise with the relevant departments and agencies e.g. kitchen, estates, NHS Supplies, pharmacy supplier, ensuring that supplies are available and relevant to the needs of the Home / Unit and are used efficiently.
· To take responsibility for own professional development and act as an effective role model.
· To be aware of the NMC Code of Conduct and all OSJCT Policies and adhere to them at all times.
· Ensure that NMC Registration is current.
· To ensure that all medications, including controlled drugs are ordered, stored, administered and disposed of in accordance with the Trusts Medicines Policy, NMC and CQC guidance on drug administration
· To discuss current performance and future development needs with Senior Nurse / Home Manager as part of the appraisal system.
· To keep up to date with relevant research and developments in practice, attending relevant study days/courses as identified through the appraisal process or as part of
· To maintain a professional portfolio
· To work with other Trust staff to implement and participate in internal and external audits and other quality systems to maintain and continuously improve standards of care, through a culture of continuous quality improvement.
· Ensure all health and safety requirement are met and all accidents and incidents reported to the Home Manager and reported in accordance with the Trust Incident Policy.
· To be responsible for own health and safety and that of anybody else whom your acts or omissions may affect.
In addition to the above, there are some general requirements that apply to all jobs in the
· Take responsibility for the safeguarding of adults, and follow the Trust’s whistleblowing policy as required.
· Participation in staff meetings
· Participation in training activities
· Participation in staff supervision and personal development review
· Participation in quality assurance systems
· Take responsibility for personal development by keeping abreast of developments in the
field of caring for older people.
· All duties must be carried out to comply with: -
o Notification of accidents and other health and safety requirements
o Statutory legislation, in particular, the health and hygiene regulations
o Nationally and locally agreed codes of good practice
o Fire precautions
o Equal opportunity and the Trust’s anti-discriminatory policy.
Health and Safety
To be responsible for your own health and safety and that of anybody else who may be affected by your acts or omissions.
This job description outlines the main duties and responsibilities of the post; it is not intended to be an exhaustive list. From time to time the post holder may be asked to carry out additional reasonable tasks as appropriate to the needs of the business. As such this role definition will be subject to revision as required