share this job on:
This job is no longer available, please click here to search all available jobs
2018-01-12 Care Homes Job Title: Healthcare Assistant
Job Setting: Care Home / Nursing Home
Job Role: Carer / Care Assistant / Care Support Worker
Date Posted: 12 Dec 2017
Job Location: Bristol
Company: Avanta Care Ltd
Salary: £7.85 to £9.00 per hour depending on skills and experience
Hours: Full Time
Contact Name: Helen Spence
We are looking for a friendly healthcare assistant, ready to improve
the lives of vulnerable people in residential homes, nursing homes and
care communities. You will help them with daily personal care like
washing, getting dressed and using the toilet, moving and handling, as
well as helping their families adapt to new challenges.
We provide the training and qualifications required to help progress your career in health care.
Who we are:
We are Avanta Care, a top-rated healthcare recruitment specialist. We offer committed carers more than just a career. You will gain one of the industry's highest starting salaries, generous rewards and regular pay increases within your first year.
About the client:
This care home provides a service that is personalised to each resident's needs and preferences, making the most of a versatile interior and pleasing surroundings.
Our client provides a care accommodation service that is ideal for the varied needs of older people. Carers take pride in a personal touch and welcome both long and short-term requirements. The home's values are based around the philosophy that they all deserve to be respected and cherished in later life. To fulfil these objectives carers pay attention to changing needs, whether medical, physical, emotional, psychological or social.
What the job involves:
• Teamwork in a care home environment for the elderly
• Helping people carry out their daily activities in line with individual care plans
• Promoting independence, dignity and choice
• Emotional and social support
• Liaising with family members and health care providers
• Regular training to develop skills
• Updating care records to reflect changing needs and preferences
• Flexible working within a rota set by the care home manager
You will have:
• Experience of working within a care environment for older people preferred
• We can provide the training and qualifications required to help progress your career in healthcare
• Willingness to work above and beyond to maintain our high standards
• Good standard of verbal and written English
• Avanta Care operates a workplace pension, workers will be auto-enrolled after three months of employment
• Not only do we guarantee a minimum 35 hours of work per week, we also pay a higher hourly rate for evenings and bank holidays
• We also arrange your DBS check, insurance and uniform
• If you come to work with us from the wider EU, we can help find you somewhere to live near your work placement, and get you settled comfortably into UK life
• Little or no care experience? No problem. Our expert in-house training team will train you up to industry standards - with no upfront costs
If you are a caring person with a positive, can-do attitude then apply today.