This job is no longer available, please click
here to search all available jobs
Add to My Job Folder
Job Title: Carers
Job Role: Carer / Care Assistant / Care Support Worker
15 Dec 2017
, West Yorkshire
Woodfield Grange Nursing Home
View all jobs posted by Advinia Healthcare Ltd
per hour £7.50 per hour
Hours: Full Time
Contact Name: VIRGINIJA KALIBATITE
*** DAYS/NIGHTS/PART TIME***
- To support each of the residents to remain as active and
independent as possible within the constraints of their condition.
- Encourage and support each resident to do as much as possible for
themselves in all aspects of daily living, which will include
washing, dressing and continence.
- Use initiative and imagination in helping residents succeed at
Demonstrate skill and imagination in helping
residents deal with everyday difficulties arising from their memory
problems or physical health.
- Respect the residents’ rights of choice, privacy, and dignity and
be sensitive to each persons needs.
Demonstrate an ability to
build and maintain relationships with people and their families
through good communication skills.
- Take responsibility by following tailored plans of assistance for
mobility, communication, social interaction, nutrition and physical care.
- Assist residents with their mobility having received training in
the use appropriate equipment and will be responsible for the safe
and proper use of such equipment.
- Work independently and show initiative at maintaining a
stimulating and homely environment for each resident.
- Assist with serving meals and drinks and feed residents unable to
- Respect rights for privacy and demonstrate high professional
standards of propriety in their day-to-day work.
- Understand and maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Liaise with other professionals and relatives to achieve the best
outcome for each resident.
- Attend training as required to enhance and update their skills and
maintain a record of this training
- Maintain a safe environment for other staff, residents and
visitors through an awareness of statutory requirements for fire,
health and safety and manual handling policies.
- Undertake any other activities which may be deemed necessary by
the senior staff in the home.
Key Skills Required
- Experience gained in a healthcare setting is desirable
- Experience of care of the elderly is desirable
- Knowledge of dementia but full training will be given
- Ability to communicate on the telephone
- Good interpersonal skills
- Able to return information and carry out instructions accurately.
- Able to maintain confidentiality
- Able to accurately record basic physical observations
- Able to prioritize workload
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Able to use own initiative
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team
- Adaptable, friendly, polite, courteous and caring
- NVQ Level 2 in Health & Social Care (preferred but not essential)
- Good basic education, including English and Maths
- Experience of working with the elderly in a healthcare setting
- Uniform provided
- Gift voucher after completion of probation
- Attendance reward available
- Increasing annual leave allowance
- Full training package
- Paid DBS
- Flexible hours
- Care experience is essential