This job is no longer available, please click here to search all available jobsAdd to My Job Folder
2018-02-02 Care Homes Job Title: Care Assistant
Job Setting: Care Home / Nursing Home
Job Role: Carer / Care Assistant / Care Support Worker
Date Posted: 03 Jan 2018
Job Location: Richmond , North Yorkshire
Salary: £7.58 to £7.95 per hour
Hours: Full Time
Contact Name: Michael Campling
Purpose of role:
Reporting into the Team Leader/Home Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for meeting the personal care needs of the Residents in a way that respects their dignity as an individual and promotes and encourages independence. You will be directly involved in the care of the Residents physical environment and the general day-to-day activities of the home. With others, you will be expected to ensure at all times that the home operations are being applied. Importantly, you are expected to be proactively involved in creating a warm, friendly atmosphere and maintaining good relations between Residents, relatives, visiting professionals and staff and to adopt a totally flexible approach and attitude to the challenges of the role.
• To assist in preparing residents for bed, as required.
• To help residents with problems of mobility and other physical disabilities (e.g. incontinence), helping with the use of disability aids and caring for the same, where appropriate.
• To receive and act upon instructions from Senior Care Staff regarding specific tasks to be carried out during the night.
• To carry out regular checks on residents throughout the night, according to set intervals by Senior Care and with due regard to residents’ individual wishes.
• To answer promptly all nurse alarm calls, assessing each situation and dealing with any resident who is seeking help. In cases of emergency to summon duty Senior Care Staff and if necessary to call the emergency GP and/or summon an ambulance.
• To assist residents who need help or reassurance, providing light drinks or refreshments where required.
• To carry out regular checks on the building, with particular reference to fire prevention and external security (all windows and external doors secured etc.).
• To iron laundered garments and linen, mending/darning where practical.
• To ensure that all breakfast trays are prepared for those residents requiring them.
• To awaken residents in the morning at their requested times, as appropriate. To assist residents to rise, wash and dress and proceed to the dining room. To assist with distributing breakfast trays as needed.
• To read and write reports and care plans and to participate in staff and residents’ meetings and reviews as appropriate.
• Caring and Patience
• Sensitive to the privacy and individual needs of the residents
• Good communication skills
• Be physically fit, equal to the demands of the work
• Possess the essential ability to work well with others as part of a team
• Willing to work irregular hours
• Commitment to the rights of elderly and disabled people to live dignified lives
• Flexibility in your working patterns by being able to carry out rostered shift work, which includes weekends and in emergency situations (i.e. holidays/sickness) additional duties/ day duty
• Maintain the highest standard in your personal conduct, presentation and hygiene
This post is subject to suitable references and a full enhanced disclosure will be required (employer will meet cost). If the applicant is subscribed to the update service for DBS disclosures, existing disclosures can be used.
This job is no longer available, please click here to search all available jobs