share this job on:
This job is no longer available, please click here to search all available jobs
2018-02-03 Care Homes Job Title: Cook
Job Setting: Care Home / Nursing Home
Job Role: Cook / Chef
Date Posted: 04 Jan 2018
Job Location: Tayport , Fife
Hours: Full Time or Part Time
Contact Name: Rory
We are a small independent Care Home in the Broughty Ferry area of Dundee.
We are looking to recruit an experienced cook / chef for our homely 20 bed home. At present we are looking for a cook to work 20-30 hours per week.
About the role:
-One of your key responsibilities will be preparing meals from the daily menu. You will get to know our residents so will respond to any special dietary requirements or preferences, promoting choice, dignity and respect.
- Managing the kitchen supplies, you will also be responsible for checking and maintaining kitchen equipment.
- Regularly seek feedback from residents and staff in order to continually improve the level of service we offer.
- Maintain a clean hazard free kitchen in order to minimise risks to residents and employees of the home.
- Promote high standards of catering by ensuring all staff are supervised appropriately and the kitchen operates in a smooth efficient manner.
- Work safely within company policies, seeking advice and guidance when necessary.
In order to achieve this our Cook should have: *
- A Food Hygiene Certificate and experience working in a fresh food kitchen, you always strive for the highest standard catering.
-You will be passionate about food and understand the importance of good quality, home cooking to our residents.
- City and Guilds 706/1 or 706/2 Basic or Advanced Cookery or NVQ equivalent.
Salary dependent on experience and also negotiable, meets national minimum wage.
To Apply, please send CV and covering letter outlining why you would make a suitable candidate through the website.