This job is no longer available, please click
here to search all available jobs
Add to My Job Folder
Job Title: Night Care Assistant
Job Setting: Care Home / Nursing Home
Job Role: Bank Carer / Care Assistant
08 Jan 2018
View all jobs posted by Pine Lodge Care Ltd
per hour Monthly
Hours: Part Time
Contact Name: Eve Fielding
JOB TITLE: Care Assistant
RESPONSIBLE TO: Management/Team Leaders
To participate as a full and active member of the care team in
providing a high standard of care. To ensure that resident’s personal
care needs are met in compliance with individual care plans and ensure
that your role respects the dignity and privacy of individuals whilst
maintaining and promoting independence in line with homes philosophy
The post holder must be versatile; self- motivated and has the
ability to work using a high level of initiative.
To provide high quality care based on the needs and wishes of
individual residents which reflect choices and preferences, respect
for residents as individuals and maintain a safe and homely environment
- To care for the resident’s to a very high standard, ensuring that
the residents right to privacy, dignity, consideration, respect,
choice and inclusion are paramount at all times.
- To provide a personal service and support that meets the daily
living and personal care needs of residents
- Assist residents with all aspects of personal care – dressing,
personal hygiene to include teeth, nails and hair, foot care,
bathing, toileting, etc. whilst ensuring that the individual
consents to the support offered.
- To enable residents with swallowing difficulties or co-ordination
problems to take nourishment and understand the importance of fluid
balance ensuring all residents have an acceptable fluid intake.
- Attending to the needs of the residents /relatives and courteous
reception of visitors to the home.
- Respond to call bells in a timely manner and inform the team
leader or management of any issues immediately.
- Report any concerns regarding abusive behaviour to the management
- Protect residents who are frail, unsteady when walking, disabled
by poor vision or confusion from all types of accidents.
- Assist residents in the care of their personal clothing and other
possessions/valuables in accordance with the homes policies and procedures.
- Receive and act upon the instruction of the team leader/manager in
charge that may be verbal or written in the residents care plan or
occur during work activities.
- Be observant of any changes in resident’s condition and ensure
that team leaders and management are fully aware of any issues or problems.
- Support residents in undertaking activities and opportunities of
their choice within the service and in the community.
- To be accountable for record keeping and reporting to ensure that
all records are completed prior to completing your shift
- To carry out key worker responsibilities efficiently, updating
care plans, ensuring weights are recorded and following up on areas
of concern with a senior member of the team or management.
- To respond to emergency situations in a calm, sensitive manner.
- To promote the best interests of the home both in and out of work.
- Observing and prompting comfortable heating and tolerable noise
levels within the home
- Assisting residents with choice of meals, help or feeding,
recording fluid intake when appropriate or directed, comply with
special diets, report and record appetite and fluid intake.
- Identify fire hazards whilst following instructions on the
appropriate procedure in the event of fire and evacuation process
- Ensuring the cleanliness of all areas of the home, removal of
used/damaged items, correct disposal of waste, soiled clothing and bedding.
- Ensuring that residents’ towels, soap etc are replenished and
identifying the need to replenish stocks as required.
- Noting, reporting and documenting damaged furnishings, condition
of equipment and residents personal items to include clothing.
- Completing daily records, GP/District Nurse records and updating
care plan information.
- Dealing promptly with telephone enquiries and messages,
communicating effectively with other members of the team.
- Reporting to the team leader and management any problems within
the care environment.
- Assist team leaders and management as and when required and carry
out instructions from the manager/assistant manager professionally
- Be fully conversant with the correct moving and handling
techniques, use of handling aids.
- Complete care plans and documentation clearly and ensure that
comprehensive daily records are kept and updated daily
- Attend team meetings, supervision and annual appraisal dates as required.
- Maintain confidentiality
- Attend training as requested to ensure occupational competence is maintained.
- Read and adhere to the policies and procedures of the home and
ensure that updated policies and procedures are read and adhered to
- To carry out any other duties as deemed necessary by the
management team in the interests of the residents health and well-being.
Information of a confidential nature, in particular, any information
relating to residents’, relatives, staff members or the proprietors
must not under any circumstances be divulged or passed onto any
This job description is intended as an outline and should not be
regarded as a finite list of all duties. It may be amended on
occasion to take into account any changes in the service Pine Lodge offers.
- The post holder must be highly motivated to provide exceptional care
- Team player
- Good communication skills with the ability to use own initiative