share this job on:
2018-02-09 Nurseries Job Title: Cook - 37h
Job Role: Cook / Chef
Date Posted: 10 Jan 2018
Job Location: Sidcup , London
Company: Avante Care & Support
Salary: £10.46 per hour
Hours: Full Time
Contact Name: Kasia Zarychta
Cook - 37 hours per week - includes alternate weekends
Avante Care & Support provide high quality residential home care & support to the elderly and those living with dementia. We are currently seeking a Cook to join our residential care home, Northbourne Court, located in Sidcup, Kent.
As a Cook you will be required to lead and manage a dedicated team of kitchen staff to deliver meals and snacks, ensuring our residents enjoy well-cooked, nutritious and beautifully presented food, taking into account ethnic origins and religious convictions.
You will be reliable, friendly and professional. Further, you will be a team player with great communication skills and a flexible approach to work.
Main duties will include:
• Planning menus in consultation with the Home Manager, residents and care staff
• Providing supervision, direction and training of all kitchen staff, ensuring all food hygiene, and health & safety regulations are observed
• Preparing & cooking meals and snacks from fresh, frozen and pre-packed ingredients
• Checking deliveries against all orders placed, together with stock control
Essential Experience / Skills:
• Three years' experience of running a catering service, including team management skills
• Knowledge & understanding of the issues involved in catering for the elderly, including their special dietary requirements
• Environmental Health Certificate in Food Hygiene
Desirable Experience / Skills:
• A City & Guilds or equivalent qualification
• A good understanding of different cultural and ethnic traditions with regard to catering
If the above sounds like you, join now and benefit from:
• A highly competitive rate of pay (£10.46 per hour)
• Training & development opportunities.
• A DBS (at no cost to yourself).
• A friendly, supportive, team working environment.
The position is a full time role, which will involve working 37 hours per week and alternate weekends.
Our positions are subject to Enhanced DBS Disclosures which will be completed upon successful application. All applications will be dealt with on an individual basis in accordance with our policy and organisational requirements.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Please note: If you are shortlisted, you will be invited to attend an interview. We regret to inform you that due to the high volumes of applicants, we do not write to candidates, who are unsuccessful at the shortlisting stage. In the meantime, we would like to thank you for the interest you have shown in Avante Care & Support.