share this job on:
2018-02-09 Nurseries Job Title: Relief Domestic Assistant
Job Role: Domestic / Domestic Assistant
Date Posted: 10 Jan 2018
Job Location: Greenwich , London
Company: Avante Care & Support
Salary: £7.50 per hour
Hours: Temporary / Cover
Contact Name: Kasia Zarychta
Job Title: Domestic Assistant
Reports to: Team Leader
Responsible for: There are no subordinate staff reporting to the post holder.
Job Context: Avante Care and Support is a major provider of quality residential and community care for older people and those with special needs in Kent and South-east London.
Job Location: The post will be based at one of the Partnership’s
residential care homes.
Job Summary: Carry out activities in relation to domestic cleaning of the home. To provide a clean and homely environment to meet the residents’ needs and wishes, taking into account residents’ ethnic origins conviction, right to privacy and active involvement in tasks and decisions regarding their living accommodation.
Main Responsibilities and Duties
1. Carrying out the cleaning of the home in such a way as to minimise the disruption to the daily living style of individuals.
2. Respecting the rights and preferences of residents with regard to their private living areas, so long as it does not cause risk or discomfort to other residents.
3. Have a high regard for confidentiality when dealing with resident’s personal items in the private living areas.
4. Actively involving residents in day to day domestic tasks and arrangement of furniture, ornaments, etc., in their own or shared living areas according to individual abilities and wishes.
5. General tidying, cleaning and washing-up.
6. Clean toilets, bedrooms, lounges, bathrooms, etc.
7. Make and change beds.
8. Clean residents’ equipment, aids, appliances, etc.
9. Change and wash curtains, covers, etc.
10. Put out toilet rolls, soap, towels, etc.
11. Empty bins, etc.
12. Collect, wash and iron residents’ laundry.
13. Wash and iron staff overalls or pack and unpack for external contractors.
14. Assist in the storage and safekeeping of residents’ clothing.
15. Pack and unpack laundry for external contractors.
16. Clean furniture, beds, cupboards, carpets, etc.
17. Clean offices, corridors, staircases, etc.
18. Use mechanised equipment.
19. Promote Avante care and Support’s Equal Opportunities Policy statement, ensuring an awareness of differing ethnic, social and cultural backgrounds.
20. Comply with the Health and Safety and fire regulations
21. Attend training sessions/courses necessary in the performance of these duties.
** All relevant Work Instructions will be issued to the post holder.
This job description is provided to assist the post holder to know what his/her duties are. These duties may be amended or added to from time to time following consultation with the post holder, without change to the level of responsibility appropriate to the post and the salary, in order to provide the best service and assist with the smooth running of the home.
• Have a sympathetic understanding of the needs of dependent older
• The ability to complete such records as required by Avante care and Support’s Quality Standards.
• The ability to work as part of a team in dealing with the cleaning duties of the home.
• Previous experience working in a residential home
Please note: If you are shortlisted, you will be invited to attend an interview. We regret to inform you that due to the high volumes of applicants, we do not write to candidates, who are unsuccessful at the shortlisting stage. In the meantime, we would like to thank you for the interest you have shown in Avante Care & Support.