Activity Coordinator - Rapkyns Care Home
This job is no longer available, please click
here to search all available jobs
Add to My Job Folder
Job Title: Activity Coordinator - Rapkyns Care Home
Job Setting: Care Home / Nursing Home
Job Role: Activity Coordinator
12 Jan 2018
, West Sussex
Hours: Full Time
Contact Name: SHC Recuitment
We love what we do and we want you to love it too! We are looking
for caring and friendly people to join us at Sussex Healthcare!
Where you will work?
Rapkyns Care Home - Cares for the elderly and those with complex long
term conditions: Huntington's, Multiple sclerosis, and Acquired brain injury.
What we need from you?
We require you to be of a warm and friendly disposition with a caring nature.
You must have exeperience in arranging activities and have a passion
for this. Management experience is also desirable.
Due to the nature of the business, we need you to be reliable and
punctual to ensure that our service users needs are met, always.
Day to day tasks of the Activity Coordinator:
- To organise, run and record activity programme.
- To book outside entertainment to perform in the Home.
- To establish links with, and encourage involvement of, the local
community in the home.
- To seek advice from and liaise as needed with appropriate
therapists as directed by the Registered Manager.
- To determine the needs of service users individually, through the
use of profiles, biography sheets, or care plans in order to
ascertain personal preferences, abilities and potential for activities.
- To maximize the potential skills enthusiasm and commitment of
relevant staff and volunteers through direction support and supervision.
- To promote a positive image of the home and service by maintaining
a professional approach at all times, in order to develop community
awareness of the home and services.
- To be responsible for the maintenance and safe storage of activity
equipment and materials and to develop resources for activities
within a given budget.
- To participate in the system of supervision and appraisal.
*The full job description will be discussed with you at interview stage
What benefits are there for you?
- 50p extra pay at weekends
- Double pay at bank holidays
- Paid breaks
- Free staff bus,
- Subsidised meals during your shifts
- Free uniform
- Reduced rate accommodation
- In-house training
- Internal academy offering various courses including specific
training in a field you are passionate about
- Mentoring scheme,
- Exceptional career progression within the company,
- Refer friend bonuses
Why work with us?
Sussex Healthcare has 23 homes across the South East of England and
we are continually striving to deliver great quality care. We cover
the following types of care within our homes:
- Physical Disabilities
- Mental Health
- Learning Disabilities
- End of life
- Acquired Brain Injury
Apply and join Sussex Healthcare!