This job is no longer available, please click here to search all available jobsAdd to My Job Folder
2018-02-15 Care Homes Job Title: Activities Assistant
Job Setting: Care Home / Nursing Home
Job Role: Bank Carer / Care Assistant
Date Posted: 16 Jan 2018
Job Location: Waterlooville , Hampshire
Salary: £9.50 per hour plus benefits
Hours: Full Time
Contact Name: The Cinnamon Care Collection
£9.50 per hour
40 hrs pw - inc. alternate weekend working
Wellington Vale located in Waterlooville is requiring a full-time Activities Co-ordinator to work alongside their existing Activities Co-ordinator. The home is part of the Cinnamon Care Collection and caters for residential and dementia residents.
Working very closely with our Activities Co-ordinator the Activities Assistant role is a hands-on working role with responsibility for coordinating a successful activities and volunteer programme within the Cinnamon home. This includes internal and external communication about activities-focused programmes for our residents, as well as networking within the local community to recruit, train and place volunteers within the home alongside other activities team members.
To introduce appropriate activities for older people which support independence and to identify activities in the surrounding areas that will assist residents to integrate into the local community.
1. Organise and conduct activities that encourage both social, mental and if appropriate physical stimulation for the residents within the home.
2. Network and develop links in the local community to establish a relationship with local businesses, organisations and schools. Build and maintain a volunteer base for the whole home, involving family, staff and community volunteers to participate as a regular part of the activities programme.
3. To organise fundraising events.
4. To organise special events i.e. Christmas entertainment, Ascot, Royal Occasions etc.
5. To produce a monthly programme of events to be discussed with the General Manager of the home.
6. To encourage residents and team members to participate in the homes activities programme.
7. Maintenance of posters and notice boards within the home.
1. Compassionate and caring nature
2. Ability to organise activities
3. Outgoing and fun to be around
4. IT literacy - competent with the use of systems
5. Good communication skills 6. Excellent written and verbal English
This job is no longer available, please click here to search all available jobs