This job is no longer available, please click
here to search all available jobs
Add to My Job Folder
Job Title: Regional Manager
Job Setting: Care Home / Nursing Home
Job Role: Area / Regional Manager
16 Jan 2018
, West Midlands
View all jobs posted by Karelink Ltd
Hours: Full Time
Contact Name: kumar
Main function of the job:
- You will be the Responsible Individual or Accountable person with CQC.
- To focus on the improvement of quality and ensure compliance with
all regulatory and company requirements.
- Be responsible for varying tasks across the geographical region
which will result in the overall success of the region.
- To line manage Registered Managers for 2 care homes at present and
maybe more in future, as assigned by the Operations Director.
- To be flexible in your approach to responding to the current needs
and priorities of the business.
- To carry out the responsibilities of the Registered Provider as
defined in the Health and Social Care Act 2008 and subsidiary
regulations and standards statements
- To provide direction and leadership to the establishment through
the Registered Manager
- To advise the Board of Directors regarding the direction and
development of policy with regard to the services of The Home in
accordance with legislative requirements, relevant regulations,
recognised standards, best practice, and within the financial plans
prepared from time to time
- To ensure that regular review of all policies takes place at the
- To make an unannounced visit to the establishment at least every
week, interview an appropriate sample of Service Users and
employees, and report to the Board of Directors
- To supervise the Registered Managers monthly
Main Duties ( Not in any order of priority )
Management of the organisation:
- Advise on the provision of adequate resources for the
establishment to carry out the services specified under legislation
and internal policy.
- Develop effective working relationships with the Managers of The Home.
- Conduct weekly unannounced interviews of employees and Service
Users, and review the Complaints Register. Prepare a report on the
conduct of the establishment at each visit.
- No direct line management but to act as a line manager to the care
home managers and supervise them at least once monthly.
- To provide mandatory training to all the staff in care homes.
- Shared responsibility for annual appraisal process. Involvement in
high-level grievance and disciplinary.
- To step down to do a managerial role in the absence of the manager.
- To participate in flexible on call rota.
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory and company quality
requirements through auditing, review and monthly provider visits.
- Work in partnership with internal and external specialists that
include CQC, CCG, local authorities etc. to continually improve our
understanding and ability to support the people who use our services.
- On a monthly or more frequent basis, update Operations Director on
progress made and barriers to improvement.
- Take a strategic overview of all issues relating to health and
safety and quality using the indicators provided by other managers
through the reporting systems.
- Respond to complaints in the care homes and investigate and
respond appropriately following the company policies and procedures.
- Ensure all agreed reporting is up to date, specifically take
responsibility for weekly reporting of business improvement or
difficulties to Operational Director.
- Professionally manage safeguarding issues, liaising with all
stakeholders and working to support the individual and protect the
reputation and interests of Karelink Ltd. Communicate progress and
findings promptly to Operations Director.
- To attend directors’ meeting once a month and whenever necessary.
- To chair an urgent meeting following any safeguarding incidents
and provide comprehensive report to relevant agencies and to the directors.
- To have a thorough knowledge of commissioning and funding
arrangements, as well as up to date knowledge and understanding of
changes nationally and regionally in local authorities including the
issues impacting funding authorities’ placements in independent services.
- To have detailed and up to date knowledge of decision makers
within relevant external bodies as well as influential supporting
groups and organisations within the region.
- Keeping the contracts up to date with external agencies.
- Vast experience managing care homes.
- Willing to take the role of Responsible Individual with CQC.
- To manage 2 care homes at present and may be more in future.