This job is no longer available, please click here to search all available jobsAdd to My Job Folder
2018-03-15 Care Homes Job Title: Kitchen Assistant 16h - afternoons
Job Setting: Care Home / Nursing Home
Job Role: Kitchen Assistant / Catering Assistant
Date Posted: 13 Feb 2018
Job Location: Sidcup , London
Salary: per hour £7.50
Hours: Part Time
Contact Name: Kasia Zarychta
Job Title: Kitchen Assistant
Reports to: Cook
Responsible for: There are no subordinate staff reporting to the post holder
Job Context: Avante Care and Support is a major provider of quality residential and community care for older people and those with special needs in Kent and South-east London.
Job Location: The post will be based at one of Avante Care and
Support’s residential care homes.
Main Responsibilities and Duties
1. Prepare vegetables, fruit, etc.
2. Assist in laying tables and serving food, under the direction of the Cook/Assistant Cook and in clearing up afterwards.
3. To clean kitchen equipment, utensils, crockery and cutlery.
4. Clean food stores and other areas, ensuring stock rotation where applicable.
5. Maintain kitchen and dining room floors, walls and surfaces in a clean and hygienic manner.
6. Comply with catering regulations in respect of hygiene and Health and Safety procedures.
7. Attend training sessions/courses necessary in the performance of these duties.
8. Planning menus by involving residents, care service staff and dietician (where necessary).
9. Ensuring that meals have a high nutritional value.
10. Ensuring that food is prepared in clean and safe conditions, free from dirt, germs, insects, vermin, odour, etc.
11. Ensuring that catering staff work within the regulations stipulated in “Hygiene (General) Regulations 1970”, “The Food Act 1984” and “The Food Safety Act 1990”.
12. Promote Avante Care and Support’s Equal Opportunities Policy Statement, ensuring an awareness of differing ethnic, social and cultural backgrounds.
13. Comply with the Health and Safety and fire regulations
** All relevant Work Instructions will be issued to the post holder.
This job description is provided to assist the post holder to know what his/her duties are. These duties may be amended or added to from time to time following consultation with the post holder, without change to the level of responsibility appropriate to the post and the salary, in order to provide the best service and assist with the smooth running of the home.
• Have a sympathetic understanding of the needs of dependent older
• Enthusiasm and skill for cooking
• Working as a part of team
• A City and Guilds or equivalent qualification.
• Have a good understanding of different cultural and ethnic traditions with regard to catering.
• Environmental Health Certificate in Food Hygiene
Please note: If you are shortlisted, you will be invited to attend an interview. We regret to inform you that due to the high volumes of applicants, we do not write to candidates, who are unsuccessful at the shortlisting stage. In the meantime, we would like to thank you for the interest you have shown in Avante Care & Support.
This job is no longer available, please click here to search all available jobs