This job is no longer available, please click
here to search all available jobs
Add to My Job Folder
Job Title: Activities Coordinator
Job Setting: Care Home / Nursing Home
Job Role: Activity Coordinator
14 Feb 2018
Lady Nuffield Home
View all jobs posted by Lady Nuffield Home
per hour dependent on experience
Hours: Full Time
Contact Name: Emily
To provide a wide range of activities to interest and stimulate the
physical, mental and spiritual state and well-being of the residents.
Purpose of Position:
- To provide a suitable timetable of activities for the residents,
taking into account their diverse needs.
- To have hands-on responsibility for implementing activities.
- To liaise with the Head of Home/Deputy with regard to the
allocation of staff to assist in the activities.
- Responsible for arranging outings and guest speakers via agreement
with the Head of Home so that adequate staff cover can be arranged.
- To assist the Head of Home in planning the Home’s special events
such as Social Evenings, Garden Functions, Fundraising Events etc.
This also includes organising the relatives meetings and the
residents committee meetings.
- To obtain purchasing permission from the Head of Home for all
- To attend regular staff meetings and statutory fire training and instruction.
- To be aware of all Health & Safety requirements within the
Home, including individual risk assessments relating to the
residents particularly whilst activities are taking place.
- To adhere to and promote the Homes policies and procedures with
regard to Infection Control.
- To leave the activity area safe and presentable at all times.
- To promote social inclusion and promote community within the Home.
- To maintain valuable relationships between the local community
leaders and the Home. Church, colleges, schools etc.
- To become aware of the Care Quality Commissions K.L.O.E’s (Key
lines of enquiry) and how the activities in care homes fit into these.
- To keep a clean and tidy office space, replenishing any craft
items used with authorisation from the Home.
- To assist the Manager with Safeguarding training, issues and be
the Safeguarding Lead for the Home.
- To adhere to the Home’s policies and procedures.
- Duty to whistle blow if witness bad practice or harm to a resident
within the Home (please refer to the Home’s policy on Whistle blowing).
- Motivate individuals to take part.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Professional neat appearance
- Ability to manage own time and prioritise work appropriately
- attention to detail
- To work on own initiative and unsupervised
- Microsoft Office skills
- Use of databases and mailchimp mailing list
- Maintain the activity programme