This job is no longer available, please click here to search all available jobsAdd to My Job Folder
2018-04-01 Care Homes Job Title: Cook
Job Setting: Care Home / Nursing Home
Job Role: Cook / Chef
Date Posted: 02 Mar 2018
Job Location: Wolverhampton , West Midlands
Salary: Exceeds minmum wage
Hours: Part Time
Contact Name: Wayne Pettitt
• Environment and Administration Manager
• The preparation and cooking of meals
• The cleanliness and general tidiness of the kitchen
Purpose of the Job:
• To ensure the residents receive varied, balanced and healthy meals subject to their, cultural, ethical or dietary needs.
• To ensure the kitchen is maintained in a hygienic condition.
All aspects of catering
• Prepare and cook meals to a set menu.
• Assist with the compiling of a 4-week menu offering a full range of breakfast items, choice of three main meals of which two must be hot and one vegetarian option, prepare one hot and one cold meal for tea and a small selection of hot and cold options for supper.
• Prepare the tea trolley for morning and afternoon tea.
• Wash, dry and store all utensils and crockery etc used during your shift.
• Advise your Line Manager of stock issues and prepare the weekly orders.
• Carry out daily opening and close down checks of the kitchen.
• Maintain a log of fridge temperatures
• Maintain a log of cooked meat temperatures
• To take an active role in the prevention of Infection and Control in accordance with homes Policies and Procedures
Utensils and Equipment:
• To maintain all equipment in safe and clean condition
Advise your Line Manager of any defective equipment.
This job is no longer available, please click here to search all available jobs