This job is no longer available, please click
here to search all available jobs
Add to My Job Folder
Job Title: Registered Nurse
Job Setting: Care Home / Nursing Home
Job Role: Nurse
12 Apr 2018
Hours: Full Time
Contact Name: TLC - Group
Are you committed to providing excellent clinical care and making a
real positive difference, enriching the lives of our elderly residents?
As a Nurse with TLC Care, you are responsible and accountable
for the well-being of our residents within the care home, ensuring
their physical, emotional and social needs are met, whilst helping
them to achieve their full capabilities. You would be expected to
provide leadership to the care team and assess, develop and evaluate
individualised resident care ensuring consultation with and
involvement from residents, GPs, relatives and carers.
Why join the team at TLC Care?
TLC Care's values of Truth, Love and Compassion are embedded in
everything we do. Our people are our core asset and we work hard to
engage with employees and maintain our homes as preferred places of
work. We look for team members who share our values and Nurses who are
passionate about their work and can deliver an excellent client experience.
To achieve the highest possible standard of care in a
professional manner through direct nursing care and effective
supervision of employees
To take management responsibility for a shift as directed.
Care and Care Planning
- Ensure that all Staff Members contribute, to the best of their
ability, to the efficient running of the Care Home and the creation
of an atmosphere conducive to the best interests of the residents.
- Report any ill health amongst residents and make requests for GP/
Professional visits where necessary.
- Ensure that resident's Care Plans are completed and maintained in
conjunction with residents, Relatives and other Health Care
Professionals, and in accordance with NMC guidelines & Company policy.
- Assess all aspects of residents' care needs and provide health
supervision and direct Nursing Care when required.
- Assess social and health care needs of new residents, and maintain
on-going assessment and review of all other residents.
- Maintain accurate records and ensure that each resident within the
Care Centre has an individualised Care Plan. Resident Care Plans to
be reviewed on a monthly basis, or more frequently as and when
required, in accordance with NMC guidelines & Company policy.
- Carry out regular checks on residents at intervals determined by
the General Manager. Ensure a clear and concise handover report is
given to all relevant Staff Members at the end of each shift.
- Administer prescribed medicines and document the same in
accordance with the Company's procedure and NMC guidelines.
- Practice maximum integrity in all dealings with residents'
personal and financial affairs, and avoid abuse of the privileged
relationship which exists with residents.
- To be accountable and responsible for adhering to standard
infection prevention and control precautions ensuring the General
Manager is informed of any infections.
- To be the named Nurse for a number of residents.
- Any resident being transferred to hospital or to another service
has a fully completed transfer form accompanying them, a copy of
which is retained in the records and the transfer information is
sent in a manner to protect the resident's confidentiality.
- Ensure there are no Home acquired pressure sores by the delivery
of a high standard of care.
- Detail any pressure sores and ensure these are reported to the
Unit Manager, or Deputy Manager.
- Ensure residents identified at risk of pressure sores have an
individualised care plan for prevention of pressure sores.
- Ensure residents have a MUST assessment completed monthly
- Make sure that residents at risk have an associated care plan
detailing interventions required.
- Residents with weight loss or should be discussed with the Unit
Manager or Deputy Manager.
- Ensure fluid and food intake charts are in place for residents
with problems relating to nutrition or hydration.
- Record special dietary requirements in the care plan and ensure
this is communicated to the kitchen.
- Ensure residents requiring food via a PEG have a care plan in place.
- Ensure there is a jug of fresh water in each resident's room and
jugs of water/juice are placed in sitting room areas for residents.
- Complete continence assessments where required and ensure that all
residents with continence problems have a care plan detailing
relevant actions to promote continence, ensuring dignity and respect.
- Educate staff so that barrier creams are not used routinely.
- All residents with catheters must have a care plan detailing the
catheter type, size, balloon size, length and date of next change as
- Uphold and promote the Home's infection control policy.
- Observe staff to monitor they are maintaining standard universal
precautions, washing hands appropriately and gloves and disposable
aprons are worn by staff to deal with body waste.
- Ensure that residents with infections have associated care plans
which can be followed by staff.
- Observe to ensure all residents are well groomed, wearing
appropriate clothing and that the care records detail resident
choices about their attire and appearance.
- Ensure that residents are enabled to move independently when
possible and walking aids are accessible for resident use.
- Ensure there is no use of restraint, regardless of consent (ie
tables placed in front of residents, lap straps on wheelchairs when
not being transferred)
- Check to ensure that bedrails are not being used routinely and if
they are to be used ensure a care plan is in place and signed by the
resident or their relative.
- Residents at risk of falling must have a care plan detailing the
interventions required to minimise the risk. Ensure that any falls
Dignity and Respect
- Observe and ensure that residents are always addressed by their
preferred name and in a courteous and respectful manner.
- Ensure that residents' preferred rising and retiring times are
recorded in their care plans and adhered to.
- If residents use their right to refuse treatment, make sure this
is recorded in their care documentation.
- Monitor care staff to ensure they knock on residents room doors
prior to entering and they are observed engaging with the residents
rather than talking to each other when administering care.
- Participate in Staff, resident and relative meetings as and when required.
- Establish and maintain good communication with residents,
relatives and with the multidisciplinary team.
- Delegate clearly and appropriately, adopting the principals of
safe practice and assessment of competence of those taking on
- Deal effectively with complaints in a polite and professional
manner, escalating information to the Unit Manager, Deputy Manager
or General Manager.
Budgetary / Financial Control:
- Ensure that all commodities used in and around the Care Home are
sensibly conserved by all Staff Members e.g. monitor usage of
incontinence aids, wipes, dressings, electricity etc.
- Actively market the Care Home and promote a positive personal/
professional profile within the local community, ensuring the good
reputation of the Care Centre at all times.
- Ensure the Care Home is attractively presented, and odour free, at
all times, in line with the Company's attention to detail philosophy.
- Ensure viewing rooms are suitably presented and available at all
times (unless Care Home is fully occupied).
Training & Development:
- Supervise and instruct junior and new Staff Members in all aspects
of their work in the Care Home giving help and guidance where appropriate.
- Act as mentor to student nurses and carers.
- Maintain and improve professional knowledge and competence. Keep
professionally updated in all areas of clinical expertise.
- Attend mandatory training days/courses, on or off-site, as and
Health & Safety:
- Report immediately to the General Manager, or the Person in
Charge, any illness of an infectious nature or accident incurred by
a resident, colleague, self or another.
- Understand, and ensure the implementation of, the Care Home's
Health and Safety policy, and Emergency and Fire procedures.
- Report to the General Manager, or the Maintenance Person, any
faulty appliances, damaged furniture, equipment or any potential hazard.
- Promote safe working practice within the Care Home.
- Adhere to all appropriate NMC guidelines / regulations.
- Maintain all records as required by both the Registering Authority
and the General Manager of the Care Home.
Benefits of joining TLC Care
- Competitive rates of pay
- Pension Scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Refer a Friend rewards
- Excellent working environment
- Clear development plans - opportunities for career progression
- Our own Learning Academy including development programmes and
- Support from a highly qualified management team
- Free Uniform
- Free meals
- Discounts at 2000 high street retailers
- Discounted gym membership
- Discounted Health Cash Plans
- 28 days holiday per year
- First Level Nurse with active NMC PIN
- Ability to motivate and delegate effectively
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Genuine interest in working with the elderly
- Satisfactory DBS and DBS Adult First check
- Team Player
This job is no longer available, please click
here to search all available jobs