Job Title: Service Manager - Swann House, Saxmundham Add to My Job Folder
Job Setting: Housing with Care (Supported/Sheltered/Extra Care Housing)
Job Role: Senior Carer / Head of Care / Team Leader
Date Posted: 19 Feb 2021
Salary: £23,665 to £24,897 (£29,976 - £31,554 FTE)
Hours: Full Time
Job Reference: SH033
Orwell is a leading provider of social care in Suffolk with CQC registered care provision for older people.
We offer specially designed accommodation in a supportive environment and a homely atmosphere, which helps people to make choices, retain their independence and ultimately have control over their own lives.
Orwell values its talented Care Professionals and are looking for a Service Manager to join our amazing team at Swann House, Saxmundham.
· to be the registered manager with CQC;
· to ensure excellent care is delivered to our customers living in 24 one and two-bedroom apartments, all self-contained which are specially designed for those who have unique care needs;
· to lead and develop a dedicated team, to be the best they can be every day; and
· to liaise with agencies, promote the care offer locally, and manage the finances
· you will have leadership expertise in a care setting for older people;
· you will be QCF/NVQ 5 qualified (or working towards);
· you will have a practical understanding of CQC standards and expectations;
· you will have strong interpersonal, communication and leadership skills; and
· you are versatile, resilient and self-motivated
We are a Sunday Times Top 100 Employer and a Silver Standard Investors in People accredited organisation. We aim to provide a supportive working environment alongside a non-judgemental and open culture, that promotes workplace wellbeing.
As part of our benefits package you can enjoy –
- 22 days annual leave, plus bank holidays (increasing with service)
- Reward and recognition scheme
- Continued training and development
- Wellbeing commitment
- Opportunity to join a defined benefit pension scheme
Closing Date: 7th March 2021
Interview Date: 11th/ 12th March 2021
Orwell is committed to safeguarding and safer employment and the principles of empowerment.
Successful applicants will be required to complete an Enhanced DBS Disclosure.