Hamilton House Care Centre, Portsmouth, Hampshire

Hamilton House is a Portsmouth care accommodation that specialises in nursing, residential and dementia care, with a service based around supporting the independence of service users.

The home also contributes to local home care services by offering the chance of respite, which can often involve a range of enjoyable activities for those with care needs, such as outings, gardening, arts & crafts sessions and musical events.

Hamilton House staff aim to hold up the goals and values of the UK National Dementia Strategy, with a focus upon one-to-one sessions that have shown proven effectiveness in relaxing those with mental health issues.

Group: Care Living

Person in charge: Mary Walsh (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Portsmouth City Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 60 residents

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Old Age • Younger Adults

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Cancer Care • Challenging Behaviour • Colitis & Crohn's Disease • Huntington's Disease • Motor Neurone Disease • Multiple Sclerosis • Neuropathic • Parkinson's Disease • Speech Impairment • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Separate EMI Unit • Own Furniture if required • Smoking not permitted • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest CQC* Report on Hamilton House Care Centre: click here

The user Review Score of 8.7 for Hamilton House Care Centre is based on 7 Review/Recommendations. This Review Score of 8.731 is made up of 4.798 Points relating to the ratings and 3.933 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews/Recommendations.

Cared for my late husband with extreme kindness, compassion and courtesy. I cannot fault the care given to him during his short stay in any way whatsoever. I was kept fully informed of all aspects of his care.

How likely would you be to recommend Hamilton House Care Centre? Extremely LIKELY

Just want to say what a lovey place Hamilton House is, how well it is run how kind and lovely and thoughtful all the staff are without exception. The place is always clean and well organised with a super ethos which seems to put the residents at the heart of all consideration. Very impressive.

The staff work hard and remain pleasant even in difficult circumstances. So far nothing has been too much bother and the home is kept very clean. The atmosphere is friendly and there is nothing negative to be said.

I can't fault the staff at Hamilton House. They made not only my mother feel at home, I also felt at home. The registered manager has a good team of staff. The staff cared for my mother like she was their own. The staff are professional, have respect, caring and are dedicated to their work role. I couldn't thank them enough. My mother was happy at Hamilton House and settled in in days. I thank all of the staff and medical professionals in mums care for looking after her in her final days. Thank you to a caring team.

My mother was cared for and loved by the staff at Hamilton house for 7 months until her fight against Alzheimer's sadly came to an end last month. Mum went into Hamilton house for end of life care and survived a further 7 months which was wholly down to the fantastic level of care she received at Hamilton. I couldn't recommend it more highly. As a nurse, I have high expectations and was well aware of mums care needs and even the small details were not overlooked. I am very grateful to all of the staff for making the last few months we had with mum comfortable and as stress free as possible.

My sister-in-law was admitted to your care in March 2015.
From the moment I entered the building I could feel the warmth and love of the whole place.
I knew from the beginning that she would be happy here and subsequently my brother. And she was.
I have nothing but praise and wonderment for the family of care people that the Hamilton is.
The care she has been given up to her passing away in October was very comforting for me.
I cannot fault the Hamilton on anything.
Good luck to you all.

This home was recommended by a friend. They had looked at a large number of homes in Portsmouth, none of which they felt was right for their mother. They told me that Hamilton House Care Centre met all their wants for their mother feeling that the care and home was second to none. The moment I went to the home I too felt it was the place for my wife. Her subsequent care far exceeded my expectations both for my wife and at times for me. Everyone who visited my wife were amazed at the compassion shown, the caring ethos of the staff, the attention to detail, the maintenance of dignity and the cleanliness of the home. The staff are all direct employees and all seem very happy with their jobs which exudes to the home. 6 of the staff were at my wife's funeral. Thank you for a wonderful home.

Submit a Review for Hamilton House Care Centre

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Hamilton House Care Centre

There are no jobs posted yet for Hamilton House Care Centre

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Hamilton House Care Centre