Stocksbridge Brain Injury Rehabilitation and Neurological Care Centre

2A Haywood Lane, Stocksbridge, Sheffield S36 2QE

Group: Huntercombe Group

Person in charge: Jill Salmon (Business Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Sheffield City Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 24 Service Users

Registered Care Categories*: Physical Disability • Younger Adults

Specialist Care Categories: Challenging Behaviour • Epilepsy • Head/Brain Injury • Huntington's Disease • Motor Neurone Disease • Multiple Sclerosis • Parkinson's Disease • Stroke

Admission Information: Telephone for advice. Ages 18+.

Languages Spoken by Staff (other than English): Spanish; Castilian

Facilities & Services: Respite Care • Physiotherapy • Independent Living Training • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Stocksbridge Brain Injury Rehabilitation and Neurological Care Centre is easily accessible by road, rail and air. It is located within one mile of the A616 and just five miles from the M1 motorway. Sheffield is just 14 miles away.

There are no set visiting times, Stocksbridge Brain Injury Rehabilitation and Neurological Care Centre aim to be as flexible as possible with visitors as Stocksbridge Brain Injury Rehabilitation and Neurological Care Centre recognise the benefits to clients being able to spend time with their loved ones.

Extensive parking is available onsite and is free to people visiting the service.

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Stocksbridge Brain Injury Rehabilitation and Neurological Care Centre: click here

8.7 Stocksbridge Brain Injury Rehabilitation and Neurological Care Centre has a Review Score of 8.7 (8.667)

The Review Score of 8.7 (maximum of 10) for Stocksbridge Brain Injury Rehabilitation and Neurological Care Centre is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 5 out of 5 from 4 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Stocksbridge Brain Injury Rehabilitation and Neurological Care Centre in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 3.7 out of 5 from 2 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 5 for Stocksbridge Brain Injury Rehabilitation and Neurological Care Centre is calculated as follows: ( (47 Excellents x 5) ) ÷ 47 Ratings = 5

The 3.667 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Stocksbridge Brain Injury Rehabilitation and Neurological Care Centre is based on 2 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

1. 3 + 0.25 = 3.25

2. Target of 4.8 positive Reviews (24 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 2 Reviews ÷ 4.8 Target = 0.417

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Stocksbridge Brain Injury Rehabilitation and Neurological Care Centre?

Reviewer Connection to Stocksbridge Brain Injury Rehabilitation and Neurological Care Centre

• Mother of Resident/Service User
  • Relative of Resident/Service User

My son has lived at Stocksbridge Brain Injury Center for over three years and it is a miracle the way he has progressed in so many ways during that time. He is so well taken care of by the friendly caring staff. I feel relaxed about everything knowing I can come back home knowing my son is safe, well and happy.
My son has many needs that he cannot take care of himself so a big thank you to the all the staff. God bless you all.

How likely would you be to recommend Stocksbridge Brain Injury Rehabilitation and Neurological Care Centre? Extremely Likely

It was the most wonderful experience to see my brother being so well taken care of. The staff are so friendly and supportive. Taking the time to interact with us. I t can be very traumatic to see a loved one in a dire condition but seeing love everywhere was so comforting. I can go back to Canada knowing my brother is in extremely good hands. Thank You! To all the people at Stocksbridge.

Jane Spriggs, Marketing Manager at Stocksbridge Brain Injury Rehabilitation and Neurological Care Centre responded to this review on 04 May 2017:

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review on our service at Stocksbridge. We are always grateful to receive feedback on our services. I will, of course, forward your review to our Stocksbridge manager who can make sure that all the team get to read your very kind words.

This home is excellent in all areas, people are very caring, keep us up to date on progress. Nothing is too much for staff, very happy with them all.

Jill Salmon, Business Manager at Stocksbridge Brain Injury Rehabilitation and Neurological Care Centre responded to this review on 27 Sep 2016:

As well as a strong desire to provide an excellent service to our clients, we have the pleasure of working with some wonderful families. Thank you for our positive review, but also, thank you so very much for supporting all we do and for being who you are.

Since my brother came to stay here has a corner has been turned for us.
The day he arrived, I felt that my brother had come 'home'. The amazing people there were waiting to meet him and to work with him and he changed almost overnight. At Stocksbridge family are just as much part of the care as the client is. I can visit and 'phone if I feel a bit down, and I always feel much better having spoken to someone, they reassure me and tell me about my brother's day. The tiniest achievement is a triumph and it shows on the faces and the actions of the team here. I visit regularly and I enjoy it. No matter what time of day, the team here are always cheerful and doing their absolute best. My brother's dignity is maintained at all times, and the smile on his face when the members of the team enter his room is precious. I never like to refer to Stocksbridge as a 'home' but if I were to do so, I would say it is a home that is occupied by a wonderful caring family.
I cannot thank them enough.

Jill Salmon, Centre Manager at Stocksbridge Brain Injury Rehabilitation and Neurological Care Centre responded to this review on 09 Jun 2016:

Firstly, thank you so much for taking the time to post a review. We love hearing from our patients and their families to find out what they think about the service we provide. I have shown your review to the team here at Stocksbridge and they were delighted that you and your brother are happy with our care and support. We could not provide the level of care we do without input from our families who make such a huge contribution to our clients' lives and their rehabilitation. We feel honoured that we are able to work with such lovely patients and families who support all of us to achieve great outcomes. Thank you! Jill Salmon, Centre Manager

Submit a Review for Stocksbridge Brain Injury Rehabilitation and Neurological Care Centre

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Stocksbridge Brain Injury Rehabilitation and Neurological Care Centre