Barchester Lynde House Care Home, Twickenham, London
Barchester Lynde House Care Home
Barchester Lynde House Care Home

Tel: 020 8892 4772

Barchester Lynde House Care Home is without doubt one of Richmond’s best Care Homes; located by the River Thames with views of The Terrace and surrounding meadows.

Built in 1998 and acquired by Barchester Healthcare in 2004, Lynde House has consistently grown in reputation for the care provided by our first class team of staff. We have retained traditional values of compassion, care and dignity whilst celebrating life to the full. Innovative thinking and an understanding of our resident and relatives expectations has elevated standards to the highest levels; contradicting the bad press which has engulfed care homes over recent months and years. Our dedicated team of attentive staff (nurses, carers, hospitality, housekeeping, maintenance, entertainment, administration and gardening are available to assist in any way they can, so our residents can be assured of a needs focussed, caring and respectful service.

Nutrition is a key aspect of the care we provide and our award winning Chef and his team provides first class food, freshly prepared at breakfast, lunchtime and in the evening, seven days of the week.

Our room all have ensuite toilets, TV’s and are decorated to the highest standard. Residents are encouraged to bring their treasured possessions with them when moving into their new home.

Group: Barchester Healthcare Ltd

Person in charge: Alison McIntosh (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: London Borough of Richmond upon Thames Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 76 residents

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • No Medical Intervention • Old Age • Physical Disability • Sensory Impairment • Younger Adults

Specialist Care Categories: Cancer Care • Colitis & Crohn's Disease • Epilepsy • Hearing Impairment • Huntington's Disease • Motor Neurone Disease • Multiple Sclerosis • Muscular Dystrophy • Neuropathic • Orthopaedic • Parkinson's Disease • Speech Impairment • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Day Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest CQC* Report on Barchester Lynde House Care Home: click here

Current Bed Vacancies Posted by Barchester Lynde House Care Home

November 2012

October 2012

Finalist Barchester in Bloom 2012

Date: Thursday 11 Oct 2012

January 2010

The user 'Recommendation Score' (8.4 for Barchester Lynde House Care Home) is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user Recommendations submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user recommendations submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Recommendation Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user recommendations please click here.

Review of Barchester Lynde House Care Home

This is a care home which absolutely lives up to the description of the facilities and the provision of care which are provided. I went there because i have Prostate Cancer which has resulted in compression of my spinal chord and made me unable to move my legs. The staff were excellent in looking after me and getting me (94 Kg) in and out of bed and onto the commode or my wheelchair as required. The food is good with a choice at every meal and wine is provided if you want it. And if you don't like what is on the menu you can have an egg or cheese and biscuits. Lots of entertainment is provided for the residents such as Bingo, Scrabble, Carpet Skittles and drumming. The Internet is usually available in the rooms but had a fault for the last week I was there. Completely recommended.

Submitted by Timothy Gowan (Resident from 26th May to 3rd July 2014.) on Friday 4 July 2014.

Review of Barchester Lynde House Care Home

Lynde House is the only home I would even consider for my husband - and I have seen many. It is exceptional in every way - one feels as if one is visiting a 4 star hotel - so elegant, warmly hospitable, so amazingly caring and with genuine love from all the staff. It is beautifully run, and the staff seem very happy and committed . I love to visit my husband, sit in the lovely gardens, and perhaps have a meal with him. Yes, it is THE BEST.

Submitted by Cherry Frizzell (Wife of resident) on Friday 23 May 2014.

Review of Barchester Lynde House Care Home

Unfailing loving kindness from all staff. Management always caring and attentive, always present on site. My husband is so happy at Lynde House he feels secure and loved. The food is wonderful, the dining room a delight and service excellent, all like a 4 star hotel. I love to eat there. The gardens are a dream, so lovely to sit in the sun in beautifully cared for flowers. Many of my friends have relatives at Lynde House it is quite simply the best.

Submitted by Mary Frizzell (Wife of Resident) on Thursday 22 May 2014.

Review of Barchester Lynde House Care Home

We are very grateful to Lynde House for coming to our rescue under very difficult and unexpected circumstances when both parents had strokes 5 days apart. The hospital would not release them back to the own home. The staff have all been very supportive and helpful in this difficult situation for which we are extremely grateful. We would recommend this nursing home to anyone without hesitation.

Submitted by Sarah V (Daughter of Resident) on Wednesday 12 March 2014.

Submit a Recommendation for Barchester Lynde House Care Home

(please write a short headline summary)

Care Assistant

£comp + free training + benefits

(Care Home / Nursing Home • Full Time or Part Time)

Twickenham, London

13 Nov 2014
Apply Here

Hotel Service Mananger

£comp + free training + benefits

(Care Home / Nursing Home • Full Time)

Twickenham, London

06 Nov 2014
Apply Here

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Barchester Lynde House Care Home