Lyndhurst Park, Weston-super-Mare, North Somerset

Lyndhurst Park Nursing Home is a small family run 27 bedded facility that has the reputation of providing the very highest quality of care. On entering into Lyndhurst Park the atmosphere is immediately one of warmth and homeliness. Every effort has been made to create an ambience of friendship and care that allows the residents the security and comfort that we all seek. Lyndhurst Park’s location and hospitable atmosphere lends itself to clients wishing respite or advanced and end of life care.

Because it is one of the smallest nursing homes in the county every bedroom is not far from a member of staff, which is essential when the client requires that additional attentive care and nurse monitoring. Staffing ratios are kept high and this reflects again the care many of our clients require. All staff are NVQ 2 & 3 trained with 70% of them having been employed at Lyndhurst for 7 years or more and 56% over 10 years. This continuity of staff is very rare in a sector where staff turnover is constant. It is another indicator as to the quality of care fostered at the home while promoting an environment that equally nurtures and respects its staff as well as the clients.

In their Client & Family questionnaires Lyndhurst constantly scores over 97% for the quality of care provided.

Owner: Mr & Mrs G Butcher

Person in charge: Anne Margaret Butcher (Matron)

Local Authority / Social Services: North Somerset District Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 27 residents

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Eating Disorders • Learning Disability • No Medical Intervention • Old Age • Physical Disability • Sensory Impairment

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Cancer Care • Cerebral Palsy • Colitis & Crohn's Disease • Epilepsy • Head/Brain Injury • Hearing Impairment • Huntington's Disease • Motor Neurone Disease • Multiple Sclerosis • Muscular Dystrophy • Orthopaedic • Parkinson's Disease • Prader-Willi Syndrome • Speech Impairment • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Weekly Charges Guide: Nursing Care Single £606 – £750

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Stairlift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on Lyndhurst Park: click here

Review Score: 10 (9.964)

The user 'Review Score' ( 10 for Lyndhurst Park) is based on 19 reviews. The Review Score is is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user reviews submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user reviews submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Review Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user reviews please click here.

Lyndhurst Park

Standard of care is excellent and my mother was treated with dignity at all times, very caring and family feeling home. Staff at Lyndhurst can't do enough for us, clean, happy, well thought out place. Management are very approachable, comfortable, happy, caring home.

Lyndhurst Park

Unfortunately my husband was on end of life care when he went to Lyndhurst Park and only lived there for just two weeks. However during that very difficult and sad time in all our lives. The staff and management were outstanding, sensitivity, care and were professional at all times. He cannot answer activities as my husband was too poorly and not there long enough.

Lyndhurst Park

I have been very happy during my stay and would like to thank all the staff for treating me so well.

Lyndhurst Park

On the whole I find everything exceptionally wonderful with care, feeding etc. Everything I ask for is done to a high standard.

Lyndhurst Park

Since putting our 96 year old friend into Lyndhurst he has thrived on the care and attention he has received, he has gone from a frail old man with nothing to live for to a man 15 years younger. This is all due to good food care and effort of the staff at the home.

Lyndhurst Park

As close to being at home as you can get.

Lyndhurst Park

The staff at Lyndhurst park really care about the people in their charge. My mother was well looked after and treated with respect and dignity in the closing months of her life.

Lyndhurst Park

Highly recommended. Mum has very specific needs and Lyndhurst Park set out an individual care plan for her which works well. The staff have been at the home for years - so they must enjoy working there - always a good indication of a good home! I have confidence that mum is getting better care than I was giving her at home, that gives me peace of mind. When I get older, I would hope that the home is still running if I ever need nursing care. Lyndhurst Park gets 5 stars!

Lyndhurst Park

I was admitted into the home on a respite temporary stay. On finding the homes service to be outstanding I decided to become a permanent client. The staff and care are excellent, always extremely helpful and caring. The home is well managed ensuring all my care needs are met. The home provides home made food and my food preferences are taken on board and provided for.

Lyndhurst Park

I came into Lyndhurst Park 2 months ago, very worried at having to leave my flat, but within 2 days I knew I had made the right decision. The staff are fantastic and kind, nothing is ever a problem for them. The cook asks me daily what I want and it's never a hassle. I give Lyndhurst 10/10. I could not have wished for a better place to live and be looked after.

Lyndhurst Park

One of the hardest things my family has ever done was to place my father in a home. Thankfully we found Lyndhurst Park. Amazing staff do dad and all of us. From the day he arrived my father was cared for with extreme kindness and respect, in a professional manner. Home baked cakes and fresh meals are so good and we are always offered tasters with tea/coffee. My family cannot give anything less than 5* to this home for its care and homely environment.

Lyndhurst Park

We placed our auntie into Lyndhurst Park a few months ago and we have nothing but the utmost praise for the care she is receiving. As a result she has made remarkable improvements, we even see her laughing more when we visit. The staff are fantastic, always cheerful and informative. I highly recommend Lyndurst Park to anyone looking for a great nursing home with exceptionally high nursing standards.

Lyndhurst Park

The home is always bright and the staff are always kind and cheerful. The home is always clean and smells fresh. My grandma is very happy and content here.

Lyndhurst Park

Having seen many care homes in Weston-S-Mare this is by far the best.

Lyndhurst Park

I came into the nursing home for respite and it is nice I now want to stay. The care and food is excellent. The staff are kind, caring and very understanding. I cannot praise this home high enough. I highly recommend Lydhurst to anyone.

Lyndhurst Park

The professional care and support given to my mum and family during her stay was excellent. The satff's kindness gave us peace of mind knowing that she was being looked after and cared for to a very high standard.

Lyndhurst Park

All staff give conscientious care, they were all wonderful, brilliant and caring towards my Nan and ourselves.

Lyndhurst Park

My mother has been a resident at this home for 12 years and I feel the care she is given is exemplary. During this time the majority of staff have remained constant which has been beneficial to her welfare. From cleaning, nursing, management staff all interact with her and my family. It is very clean, good decoration, welcoming. constantly being maintained and improved.

Lyndhurst Park

This nursing home is exceptionally well run and the residents are treated with kindness and respect. It has none of 'the smells' sometimes associated with nursing homes and is very well maintained. If there are any concerns the owners are readily available and the problems are resolved ASAP.

Submit a Review for Lyndhurst Park

There are no jobs posted yet for Lyndhurst Park

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Lyndhurst Park