Church House, Nantwich, Cheshire

Church House, in Nantwich, is a forty-four capacity accommodation welcoming elderly care and related nursing needs, through a team of quality carers keen to keep standards high and customers satisfied.

Carers maintain individually tailored care packages and are experienced in maintaining an efficient environment in which privacy and dignity are respected, personal choice encouraged, and a good sense of independence achieved.

Church House has good wheelchair access, secluded gardens and a flexible attitude towards pets and personal possessions.

Akari Care is managed by Healthcare Management Solutions.

Group: Akari Care Ltd

Person in charge: Michelle Fairhurst (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Cheshire East Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 43 residents

Specialist Care Categories: Cancer Care • Cerebral Palsy • Colitis & Crohn's Disease • Down Syndrome • Epilepsy • Head/Brain Injury • Hearing Impairment • Huntington's Disease • Motor Neurone Disease • Multiple Sclerosis • Muscular Dystrophy • Neuropathic • Orthopaedic • Parkinson's Disease • Speech Impairment • Spina Bifida & Hydrocephalus • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Languages Spoken by Staff (other than English): Tagalog

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Smoking not permitted • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest CQC* Report on Church House: click here

The Review Score of 9.1 (maximum of 10) for Church House is based on 11 Review/Recommendations in the last 2 years. This Review Score of 9.063 is made up of a Quality Score of 4.598 Points (maximum of 5) relating to the rating and a Quantity Score of 4.465 Points (maximum of 5) relating to the number of positive Reviews/Recommendations.

The Review Score of 9.063 for Church House is based on 11 Reviews/Recommendations in the last 2 years.

The Quality Score (average rating) of 4.598 for Church House is calculated as follows: ( (99 Excellents x 5) + (18 Goods x 4) + (12 Satisfactorys x 3) + (1 Poors x 2) + (2 Very Poors x 1) ) ÷ 132 Ratings = 4.598

The Quantity Score of 4.465 for Church House is calculated as follows:

2. 0.1 x 10 Positive Reviews = 1.000

• We receive approximately 15% of Reviews/Recommendations through website submission and 85% of Reviews/Recommendations through Review/Recommendation Cards (only available to Enhanced / Premium Services more info).

Very friendly staff, who look after mymother well.

How likely would you be to recommend Church House? Likely

I find the home very comfortable I can talk with the staff they are all nice. I enjoy my food and the nurses look after me well. I look forward to activities each day.

How likely would you be to recommend Church House? Extremely Likely

I have been living at Church House for a few weeks and like it here very much. The staff are very good and take good care of me. I also enjoy all my meals, I take part in activities and enjoy playing bingo. I enjoy talking with other residents and find the home very friendly.

How likely would you be to recommend Church House? Extremely Likely

My mother was a resident for 2 weeks respite, during which according to my mother, her bed linen wasn't changed. I picked my mother up at 8.30 am for a hospital appointment and on our return at 2.15pm her bed was still unmade and the commode hadn't been emptied. I did ask for her bed linen to be changed on that day, but it wasn't. One evening at 10pm my mother had to ask for her bed to be made.
The staff are very pleasant but when asked to do anything always say "yes" but don't do it.
If my father hadn't needed two weeks respite we would have taken her home earlier.

How likely would you be to recommend Church House? Extremely Unlikely

Overall Standard: Very Poor

Management: Very Poor

Value for Money: Poor

A Boote, Operations Director at Church House responded to this review on 05 Aug 2015:

We value the feedback received and truly believe this enables continuous improvement. We are sorry that this has been their experience of the service provided at the home, the concerns are being investigated and the findings and actions taken will be communicated to the relative named.

My mother was her thirteen and a half years ago. I find the home excellent who look after my husband wonderfully well. The cannot to too much for him.

I lead a comfortable life in this home and have settled in well. I take part in some activities during the day.

I am very happy living at Church House & staff are very good. They take good care of me. The food is very good activities is good. I like to play target Hat with Gail and other residents. I have only been at Church House a few months and I feel its very much like home.

How likely would you be to recommend Church House? Extremely Likely

I can only second Julie W's comments re Gail O'Hagon. She is a star! My mum has been at Church House for a year now and at first would only leave her room at mealtimes. Gail never gave up on her and cajoled her every day to join in the entertainment . Mum now joins in every day Mon - Fri when Gail is there. Gail works so hard to make things enjoyable for the residents, working way beyond the call of duty. Also would add that Beatrice the new manager is also excellent. She is efficient approachable and has a warm personality. Generally a lovely atmosphere in the home.

How likely would you be to recommend Church House? Extremely Likely

Cannot fault this care home.

My mother became a resident in February 2014, and my sister and I cannot speak highly enough of the care she has received since then. All the staff are first class, my mother enjoys the food (and she has always been a good cook) and the home itself is very nice, especially since the recent refurbishment. There are other far newer establishments in the local area, but I cannot imagine that their standard of care could be any better than Church House.

I would recommend Church House to anyone.

How likely would you be to recommend Church House? Extremely Likely

Church House is a nice home. I have only been here a little while. I find all the staff are so friendly and helpful. I am sure I will be happy here.

I am very happy living in Church House. The staff are wonderful, nothing is too much for them. They are always there to help in any way possible.

Submit a Review for Church House

There are no jobs posted yet for Church House

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Church House