Owner: Care Homes Scotland Ltd

Person in charge: Ian Milne (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Glasgow City Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 70 residents

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Cancer Care • Colitis & Crohn's Disease • Epilepsy • Hearing Impairment • Orthopaedic • Parkinson's Disease • Speech Impairment • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Admission Information: Ages from 66 to 100.

Languages Spoken by Staff (other than English): Filipino, Afrikaans, French, Polish

Weekly Charges Guide: Personal Care Single £552 – £552 Nursing Care Single £587 – £820

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Separate EMI Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Bar/Cafe on premises • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest Care Inspectorate* Report on Springboig Care Centre: click here

The user 'Review Score' (8.1 for Springboig Care Centre) is based on 1 review. The Review Score is is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user reviews submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user reviews submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Review Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user reviews please click here.

Springboig Care Centre

I first visited this care home in May when I discovered my friend James Soutar was a resident. Being familiar with care homes due to my late mother's experiences in Torbrae,(G45) & Silverburn Care (Pollok) Homes, I was concerned but on entering Springboig Care Home my concerns evaporated immediately. I was welcomed like a long lost family member by the obviously caring, efficient carers. I was literally taken to my friend as he exited the dining room. We were then both invited back in for a coffee which was a very welcome addition. The carers, Vicky, Marion, Francis, Lesley Ann and even the domestics were a joy to behold as they went about their respective duties but still enabling me to have a chat as they worked. I found them to be very warm, polite and caring thus creating a happy atmosphere that envelops the residents. They feel safe in this environment and allows them to join in with discussions and help where possible to lay tables or just sit and enjoy the background music. They had carers helping and conversing with them at all times to satisfy their every whim.This is my observation and one that was a pleasure to witness. I returned on Saturday 13.06.15. and discovered the other shift were on duty. Mellisa, Linda and Kate were no different from the other carers on my previous visit. They were absolutely professional in their approach to their work ethics. On Wednesday 17.06.15, I again went up and had the distinct pleasure of meeting the entire workforce for the floor just before they changed over shifts. It was once again a pleasure albeit this time an added bonus of meeting them all at once. I also had the pleasure of meeting the manager of the Care Home, Mr Ian Milne when he came into the dining room to allay an elderly residents fears. I thought he was so professional in his approach and quickly calmed the lady and put her at her ease. In all I found the experience to be excellently managed and a credit to the owners. I realise the main aim for a carer is to treat the residents with compassion, sympathy and dignity at all times and the residents in this particular Care Home are so fortunate to be treated as such by an excellent team in Springboig Care Home.

How likely would you be to recommend Springboig Care Centre? Extremely likely

Submit a Review for Springboig Care Centre

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Springboig Care Centre

There are no jobs posted yet for Springboig Care Centre

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Springboig Care Centre