Jasmine House

4a Geales Crescent, Alton GU34 2ND

Jasmine House offers a skilled and personalised care service, set up to suit the lifestyles of adults with a learning disability over the long-term.

The aim of carers is to help occupants make the most of life, maximising their independence and contributing to life skills and self-esteem, while family members also have a warm welcome at Jasmine House.

Group: Downing Care

Person in charge: Jane Brewer (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Hampshire County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 5 Service Users

Registered Care Categories*: Learning Disability • Physical Disability • Younger Adults

Specialist Care Categories: Cerebral Palsy • Down Syndrome • Epilepsy • Speech Impairment • Visual Impairment

Facilities & Services: Respite Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Please contact Elaine Baigrie Operations Manager

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Jasmine House: click here

The Review Score of 5 (maximum of 10) for Jasmine House is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 5 out of 5 from 1 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Jasmine House in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 0 out of 5 from 0 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 5 for Jasmine House is calculated as follows: ( (12 Excellents x 5) ) ÷ 12 Ratings = 5

The 0 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Jasmine House is based on 0 positive Reviews in the last 24 months and is calculated as follows:

1. 0 = 0

2. Target of 1 positive Reviews (5 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 0 Reviews ÷ 1 Target = 0

5 Jasmine House has a Review Score of 5 (5.000) from 1 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Jasmine House?

Reviewer Connection to Jasmine House

• Mother of Resident/Service User

Health needs were reviewed due to poor health. This resulted in a positive outcome. My carers and house manager were all excellent in providing care over and above their normal duties and ensuring that all the relevant healthcare professionals were informed and involved as necessary.

How likely would you be to recommend Jasmine House? Extremely Likely

Submit a Review for Jasmine House

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Jasmine House

Graham

Graham Elliott

Job Title: Director

Joined: 2003

My name is Jane Brewer I have been married to Kevin for over twenty years.
We have two sons who are both studying at Leeds University.

My hobbies are going to boot sales, I love a bargain, who doesn't! I also like reading, if I get the time, and I would love to go on a trip to Africa maybe before I retire.

I joined Downing Care in January 2013 as a Deputy Manager and was promoted to Acting Manager after four months due to a vacancy becoming available. I am completing my Diploma level 5 in management this year.

Previous to working for Downing Care I worked for Hampshire Social services for twenty years. I started as a Residential Care Officer at Poyning residential/respite unit in Basingstoke working up to Deputy Manager at Dalewood respite unit also in Basingstoke. I left Dalewood to work at Basingstoke Day Service, I was a Senior there and also at Aspire which is part of Basingstoke Day Service. Aspire was set up as a pilot scheme to facilitate support for Autism/challenging behaviour and I stayed there for over two years, during which time I also managed P&E which is a woodwork workshop for people with a learning disability, again a pilot scheme linked to Basingstoke Day Service.

I have worked in this field for over twenty years, actually more like twenty five years, how time flies! I find it very challenging at times but it is also a very rewarding profession to be a part of. One of the most enjoyable parts of supporting people with a learning disability is supporting them to learn new life skills and managing anxieties effectively, seeing how peoples' lives change when they are supported and enabled to manage their own anxieties, so achieving increased independence, control and choice over their lives and future.

As a Manager I work to promote Personalisation by using a person centred approach. I ensure all our residents are treated with respect, as individuals and are offered choices, using their preferred communication, in every aspect of their care and lives ensuring dignity and rights are respected at all times.

The staff and I work very closely together as a team trying to create a safe, happy, homely environment for all those living at Jasmine House.

Elaine

Elaine Baigrie

Job Title: Operations and Marketing Manager

Elaine is a highly skilled senior manager with more than 20 years experience in the delivery of healthcare services both in the NHS and the independent sector, managing neurological, musculoskeletal, brain injury, learning disability and psychiatric services.

She has held senior management posts with leading independent healthcare providers at both Hospital Director and Regional Director level. Her excellent communication and interpersonal skills coupled with her high standards and clear strategic and operational objectives ensure the delivery of high quality, effective, appropriate, person centred therapeutic services.

Jane

Jane Brewer

Job Title: Manager

Joined: 2013

My name is Jane Brewer I have been married to Kevin for over twenty years.
We have two sons who are both studying at Leeds University.

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Jasmine House