18 Kennington Road, Kennington, Oxford OX1 5NZ
Group: Auditcare Kirlena House Ltd
Person in charge: Magdalena Liskiewicz (Manager)
Local Authority / Social Services: Oxfordshire County Council (click for contact details)
Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 14 Service Users
Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Learning Disability • Mental Health Condition • Old Age • Physical Disability • Sensory Impairment • Younger Adults
Specialist Care Categories: Alcohol Dependence (past or present) • Alzheimer's • Bipolar/Manic Depression • Cancer Care • Challenging Behaviour • Colitis & Crohn's Disease • Drug Dependence (past or present) • Epilepsy • Head/Brain Injury • Hearing Impairment & Deafness • Parkinson's Disease • Schizophrenia • Speech Impairment • Stroke • Visual Impairment
Admission Information: Ages 55+.
Languages Spoken by Staff (other than English): Bulgarian, Spanish; Castilian, French, Hindi, Nepali, Polish, Romanian, Tagalog, Ukrainian
Single Rooms: 14
Shared Rooms: 0
Rooms with ensuite WC: 12
Weekly Charges Guide: Personal Care Single £700 – £1400 (These prices are only a guideline, please contact Kirlena House Care Home (Auditcare) to find out the exact price for your requirements.)
• A room for your own personal use.
• Person Centred Care plan assessment to track, record and update your social and recreational activities and interests, and as far a reasonably possible to meet your particular interests.
• Person Centred Care plan assessment to track, record and update your social and recreational activities and interests, and as far a reasonably possible to meet your particular interests. Our management and care team will liaise on your behalf with the relevant Health Professionals. This includes arranging appointments with your nominated GP, dentists, social worker, opticians, chiropodist, and audiologists. The Home ensures the Health Authority provides supplies wherever possible.
• A free nutrition and diet assessment will be completed on admission, and choice of nutritious meals as well as snacks and drinks will be offered throughout the day.
• A personal laundry service (not dry cleaning)
• The Resident shall from his/her own resources provide (other than medication by prescription) hairdresser costs, additional newspapers or magazines, clothing, toilet requisites and other items of luxury or personal nature.
• Personal newspapers and magazines
• Personal clothing
• Personal toiletry items
• Dry cleaning
• Private telephone and calls, and excessive data charges for for internet
• Television within rooms and associated Television License
• Medical requisites (other than medication and continence related supplies
• Transport costs for hospital appointments. If representatives, relatives or friends are unable to accompany residents to hospital or other appointments, the Home will endeavour to arrange staff to accompany the Resident and the cost of this will be billed to the Resident or his/her representative.
Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Day Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Independent Living Training • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access
By Bus: Kirlena House is next to the main bus stop that services the city35 Oxford-Kennington-Abingdon bus service. There is a regular bus service every 20 minutes most days.
By Train: Oxford Station is the main station to get to Kirlena House care home. Regular train services from around the South East are available. From the Oxford Station either a taxi or Bus service to Kirlena House.
By Car: Kirlena House is located on the main Kennington Road just south of the Oxford city. Kennington is located close to the edge of the oxford ring road at the junction between the Eastern By-Pass and the A34 main arterial roads.
Main visiting hours for new enquiries are by appointment only with the main office.
Existing resident relatives welcome to visit by contacting the manager of the care home.
There is limited car parking available. Please inform the manager on duty of your vehicle registration. Free parking is located on Upper Road located next to Kirlena House. Please do not park on the main Kennington Road as this is a very busy thoroughfare.
Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Kirlena House Care Home (Auditcare): click here
* Care Quality Commission is responsible for the registration and inspection of social care services in England.
There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Kirlena House Care Home (Auditcare)
There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Kirlena House Care Home (Auditcare)