Glynbargoed House

Glynbargoed Road, Trelewis, Treharris CF46 6AA

Owner: Roemarsh Ltd

Person in charge: Davina Jones (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Merthyr Tydfil County Borough Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 26 Service Users

Weekly Charges Guide: Personal Care Single £467 – £498 (These prices are only a guideline, please contact Glynbargoed House to find out the exact price for your requirements.)

Facilities & Services: Respite Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Stairlift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest Care and Social Services Inspectorate Wales* Report on Glynbargoed House: click here

* Care and Social Services Inspectorate Wales is responsible for the registration and inspection of social care services in Wales.

8 Glynbargoed House has a Review Score of 8 (7.984)

The Review Score of 8 (maximum of 10) for Glynbargoed House is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.8 out of 5 from 6 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Glynbargoed House in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 3.2 out of 5 from 1 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.792 for Glynbargoed House is calculated as follows: ( (58 Excellents x 5) + (13 Goods x 4) + (1 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 72 Ratings = 4.792

The 3.192 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Glynbargoed House is based on 1 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

1. 3 = 3

2. Target of 5.2 positive Reviews (26 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 1 Reviews ÷ 5.2 Target = 0.192

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Glynbargoed House?

Reviewer Connection to Glynbargoed House

• Son-in-law of Resident/Service User
  • Stepdaughter of Resident/Service User

Moving my mother into a care home was one of the hardest decisions of my life. When we visited Glynbargoed House we were instantly impressed with the genuine care and empathy shown to all of the residents by every member of staff. Everyone was so helpful both to my mother and myself. I had many questions and they were all answered in a professional and very informative way.

My mother has been thriving since she has been at Glynbargoed House and both myself and my wife are very happy with the care she receives from everyone at the home. We always receive a warm welcome from the staff whenever we visit and we are able to visit my mother at any time. I would thoroughly recommend Glynbargoed House to anyone who has to put their loved one in a care home. My mother brought me up and cared for me and it has given me great peace of mind knowing that I have done my best to care for her in her twilight years.

How likely would you be to recommend Glynbargoed House? Extremely Likely

My step-dad moved into Glynbargoed House two years ago. During his time there he received the best and highest standard of care. Sadly he recently died. The care, love and attention he received in the last few weeks of his life was lovely to see. All the carers treated him with so much respect and nothing was too much trouble. They are so kind and caring towards all the residents. The food served is freshly cooked each day and they always go the extra mile to accommodate likes and dislikes. The home is clean and so welcoming. I have no hesitation in recommending it to anyone.

How likely would you be to recommend Glynbargoed House? Extremely Likely

The care my father in law received in the last two years of his life was second to none. They treated him as if he was their own father. The building is old so it is difficult to make it modern looking but it is kept clean and they do their best. However, they make up for everything and more with the love they bestow on everyone, including the visitors.

How likely would you be to recommend Glynbargoed House? Extremely Likely

I would like to take this opportunity to thank all of the staff at Glynbargoed House. My grandfather had been a resident for 2 years until his recent passing. In that time, I have witnessed outstanding care for all residents. Personal care, hygiene and general cleanliness being a top priority. My grandfather was in a very friendly, warm and homely environment that he called home. The food was always freshly cooked and very appetising and a very welcoming cup of tea always offered to visitors.
I would highly recommend this home to anybody looking for a home from home for their loved ones.

How likely would you be to recommend Glynbargoed House? Extremely Likely

My Father-in-law spent 3 years in Glynbargoed House. He died on 3/11/16. The care he received there was fantastic - Professional, genuine and affectionate. My wife and I loved in Australia and visited him and the staff on several occasions and the atmosphere was upbeat. All the residents were engaged in the fun as best they could. We relied on the staff for feedback when we called. They were over kind to my Father-in-law as his hearing and understanding had gone (95 years). Six of the staff turned up at his funeral on 17/11 and all relatives of my Father-in-law thanked them.

How likely would you be to recommend Glynbargoed House? Extremely Likely

My step dad has been at Glynbargoed House for 2 years. Every staff member has treated and cared for him with dignity and love. As his dementia has increased so has their understanding of his needs, which have all been met. He is now an end of life care there, and the experience they have provided has been one of calm and serenity. Every single carer who has come into contact with him has been wonderful. I cannot express how fantastic the whole team from management to catering have been. Every need has been catered for. I want to give them all my sincere thanks.

How likely would you be to recommend Glynbargoed House? Extremely Likely

Charlene & Sian, Management at Glynbargoed House responded to this review on 10 Nov 2016:

Thank you so much for your kind words.

Submit a Review for Glynbargoed House

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Glynbargoed House

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Glynbargoed House